2018-19 Pre-season: training camps and matches etc (West Ham)

Comments

• 1-0 West Ham, not sure if Hernandez got it or Antonio got a later touch, worry was that Cresswell went down injured as he put the cross in.
  • Think it was Hernandez onto the post and in.
  • edited August 2018
    78-5 ;biggrin

In the cricket that is ;lol
  • Cresswell Injured.
  • India always a force with Kohli in though, remove him and the game will get really interesting.
  • Cresswell down again ;weep
  • edited August 2018
    They have a goal ruled out for a close offside
  • Arnautouvic all over the field working his socks off.
  • Our defensive problem is that every one of our players ball watch too much

They just have such poor awareness, everyone can make a run offs their marker so easily
  • not sure why Anderson didnt cut in a bit more and pull the trigger than try the pass to Hernandez.
  • Arnie playing too deep for me, seems a waste given the success he had as an out and out CF last season.

Nice run from Anderson but the final ball was just behind Arnie.
  • Rocky gets away with a brain melt.
  • Scary how easily we were just cut open; Fredericks was well forward and when we lost possession up the field their left wing just ran away from Noble and had the ball slipped to him in space not far from our box. Fortunately nothing came from it, but alarm bells must be ringing about a DM.
  • ... but alarm bells must be ringing about a DM.

Have been for two seasons now. Can't believe we still haven't really addressed it
  • Anderson chopped down on the stroke of half time, goes off holding his wrist after falling awkwardly. 1-0 HT.
  • i know its pre-season but its our final one before the season begins and we still don't look clinical enough. Anderson for me still has a lot to prove. Has pace and technical ability just needs to get involved more and put himself about like Arnie.

• They need to wake up, we just dont track runs
  • They need to wake up, we just dont track runs

In the case I was talking about, Noble was trying but he was just miles too slow.
  • Nobes had to choose to cover the run or cover inside. He may have made the wrong choice, but he was doing his job.

I'm enjoying the fact that we have a clear shape, and a plan as to how we go forward. Feel Arnie is being sacrificed to make room for Chicarito, and its not really working. Hope we see him CF v Liverpool with Anderson and Antonio/Yarmo up with him.
  • Diop on for Rocky.
  • Nobes had to choose to cover the run or cover inside. He may have made the wrong choice, but he was doing his job.

I'm enjoying the fact that we have a clear shape, and a plan as to how we go forward. Feel Arnie is being sacrificed to make room for Chicarito, and its not really working. Hope we see him CF v Liverpool with Anderson and Antonio/Yarmo up with him.

agreed, i think if we had another midfielder in and went 4-5-1 we would look a lot better Lanzini in the hole would have been perfect.
  • Arnie is doing that job well, but he's definitely better for us up front instead of Chicarito
  • Lovely ball from Arnie out to Cresswell (who seems to have run off his knock) but his cross misses everyone in C&B.
  • Antonio just spooned one from 2 yards out to about 30 yards into the air and Row Z
  • Antonio blasts miles over form inside the 6 yard box

Apart from that he's looked very good...very strong and quick and won the freekick

Masuaku for Cresswell
    Snodgrass for Antonio
    Martinez for Herandnez
    Anderson for Obiang
  • Nice run by Antonio results in him being dragged back, free kick out wide was delivered well by Anderson and bounced through to Antonio who blasts over when he really shoulda scored.
  • Subs now, Masuaku for Cresswell, Snodgrass for Antonio and Obiang for Anderson I think, maybe Martinez for Hernandez as well.
  • lol some bloke in the stands "SNOD-GRASSSSSSSSSSSSS"
  • uh-oh Arnie injured...........
This discussion has been closed.