2018-19 Pre-season: training camps and matches etc (West Ham)

Comments

• Temps are in the 30s so a bit draining. It was 36 at 5pm.
  • If Antonio goes to Palace for 15m then they have mugged us off twice for Decent British Born players with Tomkins...
  • Class hearing a rendition of bubbles from the stands
  • Good end of the half here from us

Antonio and Snodgrass lacking a bit of class but both are really putting in a shift here and causing some problems
  • Bit more structured & organised this game. Not quite as open as the other fixtures. I get the feeling Balbeuna is a bit of a liability. Seems to have pretty ropey distribution which puts us in trouble.
  • Temps are in the 30s so a bit draining. It was 36 at 5pm.

You can add 5 degrees at least, for 'in the sun' temps .
  • Coms on German TV are impressed by Antonio and Snoddy.
  • Well worked goal, good work from Snodgrass to cross for Martinez for a header from a couple yarcds out
  • Fans enjoying themselves.
  • Penalties ;weep
  • All Mainz last 10 minutes...
  • Martinez should have scored
  • Defence is incredibly suspect
  • beast of a tackle from Balbuena.
  • 7-6 on penalties
  • It's coming home!
  • Silverware ;wahoo
  • And a cup in the trophy cabinet before August!!
  • Pellegrini only been here 5 mins & already got us silverware ;lol
  • So does that mean Snodgrass gets player of the tournament...
  • ;wahoo ;wahoo ;wahoo
  • Holland & Oxford played for West Ham XI today beating Billericay 4-0
  • Adrians penalty was class against Mainz
  • I was impressed how close Adrian was to saving a lot of the penalties. He was in the wrong corner only once, if I remember correctly, giving us a vastly improved Chance of him actually saving something.
  • edited August 2018
    Thought there were some decent periods of play too, quick link up play, movement off the ball, one-two touch passing. Didn't always result in a chance or shot, but got us in to the byline on several occasions. I counted Antonio, Zabaleta, Arnie, Snodgrass all getting into a position to pull it back or across goal on at least two occasions each. Masuaku I think has had an impressive pre-season. Rice looks an imposing DM & we may well need Antonio to start at Anfield if Yarmo is carrying a knock which Pelle seems to imply. Goal we let in was slightly disappointing again as it was too easy for him to control that cross & swivel, but we were unlucky with the deflection. No injuries from what I could see either. Players also seemed to have a decent mentality during the game. A lot of annoyed faces when we conceded. Always nice to win a pre-season cup too. Better to win than lose. Hopefully one last decent performance & result on Friday with no knocks & then a good week before Liverpool.
  • http://www.skysports.com/football/west-ham-vs-mainz/399256

Some quality reporting from Sky apparantely we drew 0-0 with Mainz and then lost 7-6 on penalties :-1:
  • ;lol The headline is at odds with the actual match report it is attached to. ;doh
  • Nothing unusual there then!
  • They probably just assumed the Germans won on penalties? ;hmm
  • Hey! We don't lose on penalties anymore.

#itscominghome
This discussion has been closed.