2018-19 Pre-season: training camps and matches etc (West Ham)

Comments

• edited July 2018
    Thought the line-up last night looked very exciting.

Adrian
    Zabaleta - Balbuena - Ogbonna - Masuaku
    Noble - Rice - Wilshere
    Antonio - Anderson
    Arnautovic

My concerns would be that it still is a bit too easy to score against us. I appreciate it is pre-season & that we were relatively solid for most of the game, but that goal for Villa was too easy, as were the two Preston goals on Saturday. I still think playing a flat 4 at the back is risky with the defenders we have. Zabaleta & Cresswell can get exposed for pace, whilst Masuaku & Fredericks are more offensively minded. Ogbonna can be a liability (but also excellent) & Diop/Balbeuna are new to the league. I just hope we don't get a lot of 3-2/4-2 defeats where we look pretty & score goals but come out the wrong end of it because of how easily cut open we are. I think if we could push to sign a DM & another ST, we would be well placed to do well in that formation but on current personnel I would worry about us at the back.
  • Expat and Hamstew.... I try and move on from the tragedy and disappointment of Batshuayi ( ;weep ) plus avoid the handle 'Bazfer" as it wasnt my original idea and what do I get...

Grey's gonna get fed up with me asking for handle changes ;whistle
  • I've just noticed your avatar ;lol
  • edited July 2018
    I was a bit busy Mrs Grey, but the lads asked nicely. So the least I could do was let them have a photo taken with me ;wink

#sometimes you've got to give a bit back
  • Full game from last night is up on West Ham You Tube:

• Rocky ;wahoo
  • Very impressed with Balbeuna, feel Diop has looked a little shaky so wouldn't surprise me if Balbeuna starts alongside Ogbonna
  • Anyone know if the Ipswich game will be on Utube. The Villa game was a great picture
  • DJ

That was because it was Villa doing it, not us...

Ipswich seem to be part of this iFollow deal, so don't think they will be showing it for free.

Nothing on the OS about a stream - just blog updates.
  • Grey I knew that it was Villa who were doing Wednesday’s game, I agree, our attempts weren’t good last Saturday.
  • DJ

;ok

Hadn't meant to imply you didn't know, was just contrasting their eptness with our media team's lack of ept.
  • Game is live on Ipswich's Facebook page
  • I've signed up just watch it
  • Nice

Let see if another non premier league team has better streaming/media services as us ;whistle
  • Thanks, Ham ;thumbsup
  • So first start for Fabinaski

Our most likely front 3 for the coming season, will be good to see the link up play

Linked away duo Obiang and Kouyate start in CM

433 again, obvioisly Pellegrini prefered formation atm
  • Really thought Holland would feature
  • And Cresswell.
  • From what Pellegrini (and various players) have said, round about now in the pre-season is when they shift the emphasis on to tactics/formations (whereas it was more on fitness before). Players that were either just making up the numbers, or were being assessed for their futures, will (imo) gradually be sidelined and we'll see more clearly how we'll be lining up at the start of the season.
  • Still no Cresswell. Must have been some knock he got.
  • Is there a way to watch this game online?
  • ipswich official facebook page
  • Antonio not even on the bench ,whats that all about
  • Who knows

We always seem to name 9 subs, thought in preseason games you could name 11
  • Should be a good test today

This is their last preseason game before the new season so at the very least they should be sharp and fit

They've also won the last 3 preseason games
This discussion has been closed.