The relegation battle - get out of my league!

Comments

• Yeah. People talk about our poor signings but we still managed to sign Arnautovic (who was our saviour quite frankly) and a quality player like Hernandez (even though it hasn’t really worked out).
    Stoke signed Wimmer for £17.5m!
  • Wow that is some pretty tasty stuff from Butland....

Sparky made some good signings.... ;bowdown ;doh
  • The mediocre end to last season carried on into this campaign, not helped by a poor transfer strategy that was unable to provide the improvement clearly needed after that indifferent 2016-17 season.

Grey, flipping heck, that last paragraph could have been about us. I so hope our board realise that the decline suffered by Stoke could well be contagious unless they grasp the nettle and get some good early business done difficult as it is.
  • Great to see them go down, even funnier that it’s before WBA is confirmed.

Talking of WBA, their fans must be truly gutted, what a run they’ve put together under Darren Moore but it’s almost certainly too late, Pardew left him just too much to do. I was surprised that HTFC yesterday decent performance that,
  • It’s great to sit back, feet on on desk, and look at others . Not in there shoes
  • Maybe WBA players feel they can put themselves in the shop window in addition to saving some face for the fans
  • West Brom gone.

Swansea need to win and hope Huddersfield don't pick up another plucky point.
  • WBA confirmed down.
  • Stoke City down, West Brom down. Swansea, Huddersfield or Southampton to join them. I'm sad to see any of them go. If only because it makes it less likely that there are going to be three teams worse than West Ham in the Premier League next season.
  • Saints are realistically safe because their goal difference is so much better.
  • Unless City do them 6-0?
  • Don't get that Champo. Come and look at us, we've just been relegated because we played so well.

Nah!
  • Come on city then
  • but that would involve City Winning and Huddersfield getting a point somewhere and Swansea smashing stoke 4-0
  • Stranger things have happened at sea.
  • Yeah like Delboy going from Miami to Cuba on a jetski. ;lol
  • Swansea are unlikely to smash, but I guess City could “very smash” (technical term) Southampton
  • edited May 2018
    Going to be an intriguing final day. Huddersfield you’d expect to lose tonight given Chelsea need the win for top 4, which would then need Swansea to beat already relegated Stoke. Given Huddersfield have to play ‘Arsene’ in their final fixture, it’s also going to be tough for them to get the point they need, as you’d imagine the Arsenal players will want to give him a ‘send off’.

Is it possible that Saints could lose 5/6-0 and Swansea win 4/5-0. How funny would that be after those manic Sparky celebrations? ;lol
  • I think the send off was at home last weekend. They are shocking away from home
  • edited May 2018
    I was disappointed with the Southampton win.

Disappointed that they wont be relegated.

Gutted Hughes wont have taken down two teams in one season.
  • edited May 2018
    Lukerz it doesn't matter if Huddersfield lose they are still below Southampton on goal difference and if they lose their goal difference gets worse to so the margin for a Saints 5-0 lose margin and Swansea win margin of 5-0 increases.

Can't see Southampton going down, even City on their game are not going to bury more than 5 against them and Swansea don't have 5 goals in them....

Its either Swansea or Huddersfield, if Huddersfield pick a cheeky point up Swansea are down.
  • On the plus side Hughes gets to stay and relegate them next year
  • I'd like to see Swansea stay up just so they can beat Cardiff next season
  • I think Swansea are gone. There won't be a nine goal swing unless City score at least 6 against Saints, which I think is a big ask on the last day of a league they won about two months ago.

I think Huddersfield will lose to Chelsea, but get at least a point against Arsenal, who are shocking away from home.
  • At least there'll be some last day excitement (assuming Huddersfield lose tonight).
  • Arsenal haven't picked up an away point since 31st December.

I’m sensing that isn’t going to change this evening...

I’m sensing that isn’t going to change this evening...
    ;hmm
  • So its just Swansea and Southampton, a 10 goal swing. Swansea need some shooting boots and more on and they better hope City have their shooting boots and more on.
  • Fair play to Huddersfield. Two draws from City and Chelsea is no easy feat.
This discussion has been closed.