The new manager hunt (was the Moyes thread) only 3 days to wait...

Comments

• edited April 2018
    Maybe that's because it's the only one! ;hmm
  • Today demonstrates his limitations, not a fan, posted this so he can prove me wrong in the second half, wishful thinking at its most clutching at straws possible
  • edited April 2018
    “West Ham have got a good manager” - David Moyes, 8 Nov 17

;bowdown
  • West Ham haven’t got a good manager cuz1 April 29th 2018
  • edited April 2018

Today demonstrates his limitations, not a fan, posted this so he can prove me wrong in the second half, wishful thinking at its most clutching at straws possible

0 shots second half, nuff said
  • I think that's the final nail in the coffin for Moyes, to be honest. The worst win percentage of any West Ham manager, back-to-back 4-1 defeats, and now the worst defence in the league.

If he keeps us up it will be more to do with other teams somehow being worse than us rather than him inspiring us to pull away from the drop zone.

Ex ran a Twitter poll this week to see who his followers wanted as manager next season. Of the 20,000 or so that voted, only 3% wanted Moyes, which is pretty damning, IMO (cognisant of the fact that Twitter opinion doesn't cover all fan demographics)
  • OCS,

Who came out top?
  • It's a difficult one I think because Moyes is having to make do with the dross we've had at the club for the past few years.
    I think it's obvious he's got them a lot fitter and energy levels are much higher but as the saying goes "you can't make a silk purse out if a sow's ear". Most of our squad seem to lack the skills or brain necessary to be a PL footballer which is why Arnie stands out so much. I fear it can't be long before he realises that he is by far our best player.
  • Fortune, it was Benitez with 61% ;ok
  • OCS,

Shame is he wouldn't fancy swapping his current job with the problems with a small budget for the obvious one he will get with us. ;ok
  • thorn,

Who do you think is dross? Four of the subs I wouldn't put in that category, & that could be part of the problem in that he didn't play a few of them from the start!
  • I don't know Fortune. He was (if you believe the story) minutes away from joining us before Real came knocking. If he was prepared to work for the Daves then, then maybe he still would now.
  • Yes but since then he’s seen how they work I’d say no chance tbh
  • Needs to go, this is now worse than anything Slav served up, at least he tried to go for it

Moyes had a chance at HT to make some changes as we’d just finished the half well, he could’ve put AC and Hernandez on and given it a go, if it didn’t happen and we get picked off so what

Instead he waits does nothing and the second half takes the same route as the first 30 then he makes subs when the game has gone

I’d love him to do well, but he’s a dinosaur
  • Have to agree

I know.ma y will say how its city and theyve done that to most teams

But the league format is everyone has to play each other twice...irs not like we are the only team to plsy Arsenal and City etc

Worst defence in the league...and im pretty much sure that we werent (officially) the worst when slav left

The team Moyes put out today was a joke
    No surprise the only time we worried city was where we pressed high and actually had a go

I think he will stay

But i dont want him to
  • Slav we gave it a go last week and got picked off three times. Arsenal are no City and I think City would have got a few more than they did due to their pace and once we lost the ball we would have been yards behind them.
    Giving it a go when there's nothing at stake is one thing but with goal difference possibly being the deciding factor it's a risk not worth taking imo
  • ;weep

Louis van Gaal when talking about returning to management: “I have an offer that I almost can’t refuse.”

At Southampton...
  • My real concern is who in their right mind would want to work for G&S?
  • buffy,

It's all about the money. ;ok
  • Just look what has happened to two, and in the near future all three, of those teams. ;doh
  • buffy,

It's all about the money. ;ok

Up to a point i’d agree Fortune, but here we are talking of Sullivan...
  • The problems are there to see.

The team is below average and so is the manager.
  • edited April 2018

Just look what has happened to two, and in the near future all three, of those teams. ;doh

Yup, those who wish for relegation and a sort out should be very, very careful what they wish for indeed.
  • Main problem is our defence is poor but gets no help from our midfield which must be the worst in the prem on current form.
  • Don’t think things have been great under Moyes, but feel thing are but than under the clueless Bilic. He should get another season and a summer transfer window and hopefully players we go for then will come.
  • I would like him to stay. He now knows the players he has and will know what changes to the squad he wants to implement. Give him a whole season.

Any new manager will have a bunch of absent and unknown players. Once they come back it will be close to the end of the transfer window and will end up with a patchwork squad once again.

It seems to me that Moyes is not afraid of playing youth. Would we have seen Fernandez or Rice under Bilic?
  • Moyes does not deserve another season. He is not new to the league at all so that can’t be an excuse. His choices on a number of occasions have been bewildering. We have a terrible defence - and a win percentage worse than even grant or macari.
  • Imagine where we would be without Arnautovic.......

Still think we will be safe this season....but G&S may never recover from what they've done to the club

That defensive record is absolutely abysmal....Shocking
This discussion has been closed.