The new manager hunt (was the Moyes thread) only 3 days to wait...

Comments

• He has already had two complete abominations in Everton and Newcastle. And that doesn’t include what happened in the cup which was pretty dismal all round. He really can’t affort too many more meltdowns. And certainly not in the games where we should be targeting three points
  • As for my prediction I think he will keep us up (just) with something between 38-40 points.

Funnily enough, Euroclubindex is currently predicting 39 points for us, 13th place but only three points clear of relegation.
  • 13th would do for me this year then go for top four dominance in the seasons to come COYI
  • Liked Moyes comment on MOTD that some of our players would have got 6 months in jail for the Simon Francis assault on Kouyate.
  • edited January 2018
    Bit concerned that, as he is still working with the squad Bilic assembled and hasn’t made his first signing as our manager, that the lack of funding so far is not going to convince Moyes to stay on as manager. If the Dave’s have 100% confidence in their man. Maybe they are still undecided over the summer.

They are probably going by the logic ‘let’s wait until we’re safe’, but this isn’t just an audition for David Moyes. We are auditioning for him too. We carry on as we are and he will get other offers if there is any sniff he is not tied down.

Think there needs to be more from the owners, in terms or money to spend or a new deal for DM and the backroom team, so that we don’t start to patronise him with what comes across as basically a trial for a manager of his quality/CV experience.

Obviously this is assuming rumours of a 2.5 deal are false.
  • Lukerz ;ok I guess both parties agreed to have a review after the six months, which is fair enough, but I'm hoping the board still back him in January. I get the argument that do we want to have Moyes' players if Moyes isn't going to be here next year, but for him to be able to do his job properly he needs to have an influence on what his squad looks like.

Still 13 days of the window to go, so I'll reserve judgement until Feb.
  • edited January 2018
    Lukerz

Moyes has already said they have had bids for players which have been rejected, but he won't talk about who.

I don't believe there is a lack of funding, and I think that if Moyes identifies a target, the club will do their best to get him.

• None of the teams below 8th want to sell their players since they can all be relegated.

It’s not worth selling your players if it means being more likely to be relegated.

So, our options get reduced to overseas and lower leagues.

January is such a difficult time to buy. I don’t expect much from this window. Maybe a CM but we would have to pay way over the odds for someone half decent.
  • I think there is a fairly severe cash flow issue which affects our spending

Hope the owners don’t play games with him

We may get a couple of targets in, the current crop of players are not a bad bunch but they are not consistent enough and that was their problem when Slav was manager along with him unable to find that attacking/solid balance that Moyes seems better at
  • More hammers rumours
    Moyes to go at the end of the season
  • Where from macca
  • I’m afraid if Moyes doesn’t like the transfer policy Benitez won’t either probably even more so
  • Most of the stuff it mentions happened before Moyes even joined the club.
  • Oh no! Not cheep journalism!
  • "the club are already expected to be searching"

I don't really know what that means. ;puzzled
  • Conte will be available
  • There are no facts in in that article, there isn’t even any smoke with witch they are basing a fire...

Bizzare...
  • edited February 2018

there isn’t even any smoke with witch they are basing a fire...

To be honest I would be surprised if Moyes left at the end of the season, three months at West Ham should be enough for him to realise that Sullivan, Gold and Brady are always going to be a significant hindrance to managing the team
  • Cuz1 said:

I’m afraid if Moyes doesn’t like the transfer policy Benitez won’t either probably even more so

There’s a transfer policy???
  • Sorry barracks almost believed in it myself lol
  • The media sense blood in the water at West Ham at the moment and doom stories like this are easy lazy journalism.
  • West Ham have issued a statement refuting the Telegraph's story
  • "The club would like to place on record that it categorically refutes the claims made by the Daily Telegraph regarding manager David Moyes.

"There is absolutely no truth whatsoever to this story. As previously stated on a number of occasions, the club and David Moyes agreed a deal until the end of the 2017-18 season, at which point both parties will sit down and discuss the future.

"Until then, the board and David Moyes will continue to work closely together with the manager having full responsibility of footballing matters and the full support of the board. Everyone’s sole focus is on trying to achieve results for West Ham United."
  • I am interested in seeing the squad he would build over the summer.
  • They wold wouldn’t they? But I happen to believe them on this occasion.
  • I also believe them
  • I don’t care either way anymore
  • I don't believe such stories, they are easy to make up. And I don't understand this 'don't care either way' attitude. This is a difficult time, and the best we can do is give this club as much support as we can.
This discussion has been closed.