The new manager hunt (was the Moyes thread) only 3 days to wait...

Comments

• Sorry, poorly worded....

Had he become our manager AGAIN then i'd of changed my name.

At least Twist was already set ;lol

Grey - Google it, or don't, your choice.

;ok
  • The more I think

Sorry, poorly worded....

;ok

I just googled "the world is flat". Seems like there are a lot of people out there who believe that..just because it's on Google doesn't make it true :)
  • Slizzy

Well, yes, I could Google it, or you could have had the courtesy to say where you had seen it.
  • Saw it in news reports, Twitter, Facebook, social media in general, etc etc

Why do I need to prove where I saw it, don’t like it, or believe it, walk on by no?

• Moojor said:

The more I think

Sorry, poorly worded....

;ok

I just googled "the world is flat". Seems like there are a lot of people out there who believe that..just because it's on Google doesn't make it true :)
    Hilarious
  • edited November 2017
    Slizzy

Because you post stuff like that as 'fact', without bothering to provide a source so people can determine how reliable it is or isn't. So how can anyone make a reasonable determination as to its likely veracity?

If you can't be bothered to do that then perhaps you could preface such posts with

'Seen some random bloke reckons... '

I honestly don't see what your problem is with linking to, or at least indicating, sources.

Most people on here manage it.

• Where did I say it was a “fact” grey?

It’s my post therefore my opinion, I’m sure plenty of people had seen the rumour doing the rounds that he was approached. Pretty sure I wouldn’t post anything I didn’t believe to be true?

Can’t be bothered? It wasn’t some random bloke, It was all over the internet for crying out loud!

What is the obsession with having a source every time? This was a place to come and post comments and opinions and have some fun along the way, akin to having a chat in the boozer. Not a blooming lawyers office

• edited November 2017
    So we approached Big Sam.......
    There's nothing to suggest that is your opinion.

It is a statement (and therefore, one may assume, you are posting it as a fact.)

I'm not doubting whether or not you believe it, just suggesting you say where you saw it.

What's your obsession with not being prepared to say where you saw something? I see doing it as a matter of courtesy to other users.

If I was having a beer with someone and they said that, the first thing I'd ask is 'Where did you get that from?' I don't really think that counts as the third degree, or being over picky.

I don't feel responsible for how little or how much fun anyone has on here.

You can post or not post as you choose.

You can post how you choose.

If you make statements as fact, and don't say where you got the information from, you are likely to be asked.

That's it.

• So. I googled.

'All over the internet' equates to lots of blogs and fan sites, social media etc reporting and discussing it. But all of them trace the story back to a single source: a kumb story on 21 November that cites 'a source close to Sam Allardyce' as the origin of the story.

Make of it what you will.
  • Cheers Mrs Grey ;ok So, in summary, some bloke on KUMB has made it up, and it’s actually not verified by any other source
  • (In your opinion, like the rest of us)

Or some bloke who is close to SA let it out of the bag?

;ok

Make or it what you will, there were other stories that he wanted £8M to come back, just as well I didn’t mention that eh, because had I or been 50p out then all hell may or broken loose!
  • Don't really understand why you are getting like that, Slizzy.

No one asked you for chapter and verse, just to say where you heard it.

How hard would it have been to say

Reports that

or

KUMB reporting
  • edited November 2017
    Grey really can’t be bothered to go over this but I really don’t have an obsession with not posting a source.....

The bottom line is, just sometimes you can’t post a source, as a matter of principle to the people that gave you the info

Let’s face it some on here refuse to believe a single word of some things unless they’ve seen Sully or gold say it in person

I’ll leave it there

;ok
  • edited November 2017
    But it's a statement of fact, not an opinion. That's why I asked who said it.

Your opinion is that it is true. I'm not trying to argue you out of that.

Personally, I do try to give a source if I'm referencing something I've read.

It doesn't have to be a hyperlink (though that's ideal, imo) but just

See the Mirror are saying

or something similar.

Surely, over a beer, you would have said

I read it on KUMB

rather than

Search for yourself on Google.
  • It’s MY opinion that I believe the story wherever it came from

Over a beer I’d of said I’ve heard on good authority that’s it’s true, then I’d of taken your phone and googled it for you

;biggrin
  • Spare a thought for West brom fans as although we were astounded by the appointment of Moyes we could be usurped as the top of the 'what were you thinking' league table due to a predictable sequence of events which although rarely paying off never ceases to be attempted.

Gary Megson who was more unlikely to see manager next to his name again than even David Moyes has just had a great result by drawing away at Spurs, were he to get two more results the board may tread that well worn path of trying to save a bit of money and giving him the job. Imagine if Gary Megson would have come in at West Ham, then we really would have a revolt.

If a West Brom fan do you really want him to win his next two matches? 6 points vs Megson for manager.
  • He's just the No 2 who is in temporary charge. I spared a thought for the West Brom fans when they got Pullis.
  • I am just thankful that WBA held on to him just long enough to ensure that he did not come to us.

;phew
  • While not overchuffed at Moyes, I'd have been really fed up if they had gone for Pulis. Not that I think they would have. but still.
  • Worse of it is if West Brom would have had someone else in charge and struggling they’d be crying out for a sam/ puliss to help them stay up double standards
  • edited November 2017
    Horrendous appointment , so far seems like his tactics are even making us worse..
    Enough said IMO
  • I wanted Eddie Howe ;weep
  • What worries me more is the board don’t sack managers they said unless it gets to bad I wonder what there definition of bad is because it’s reached it for me and can’t possibly get any worse, wait up Man City away next it really can
  • edited November 2017
    Banging on about the board let’s players off the hook.
  • Banging on about the board let’s players off the hook.

Only banging on about the board on this thread the players are getting it on another
  • i was not a supporter of Moyes coming in but he is here so we have to live with it. in his defence he has inherited the dross and attitude that existed under Bilic so we have to see if he can change things in January. I am not optimistic that he will get the support he needs from the board but i think it is wrong to crucify him for trying to do the best with Bilic / the boards left overs. although relegation is a real worry we are not doomed yet. glass half full for me (but half full of the strong stuff!)
  • I happened upon Susan Boyles first audition on Youtube and clicked for a little inspiration. It lifted me and then I remembered I was still a West Ham supporter ;weep

I dreamed a dream in times gone by
    When hope was high and life worth living
    I dreamed, that love would never die
    I dreamed that God would be forgiving
    Then I was young and unafraid
    And dreams were made and used and wasted

I dreamed a dream of West Ham in times gone by
    When hope was high (and so was I)
    I dreamed they'd never fade and die
    I dreamed Man City would be forgiving
    Now I'm older and very afraid
    And transfers were made and used and wasted

;yercoat
  • and I thought I was on the match thread LOL
  • Lets be honest our problems have come from the last 2/3 poor transfer windows
    look at last summers disaster with Zaza and co , then look at the need to bring in old
    players like Fonte , Zab Hart at the end of there careers , we all new that back end of last season our defense was terrible but did nothing to inprove it imo .

Having said that although very unhappy with the spend and age of player's that
    came in i did feel under a good manager we would be ok , but it seems i was
    wrong and the problems at west ham are much deeper than we all know.
  • I'm going to say that if the vast majority of our players were at other clubs, do we think they'd be playing at a higher performance level? If so, what percentage higher performance wise? 10-25%?

I doubt its one particular thing but there's something about our club that seems to make most players play worse when they arrive.

Today I'll be mostly posting signs...

downloadim
This discussion has been closed.