The new manager hunt (was the Moyes thread) only 3 days to wait...

Comments

• Interesting article on the sky sports website about Carroll and Moyes.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11685/11127353/david-moyes8217-west-ham-hopes-could-hinge-on-andy-carroll8217s-fitness

It seems we play better with Carroll in the side and Sunderland played better with Anichebe in the side.

I do hope Moyes has a plan B for when Carroll doesn't play. Let's hope we're not one dimensional.
  • Talking of Carroll, he’s just called his new born “Wolf Nine Carroll”

;biggrin
  • Phew! I thought you were going to say Albert. ;lol
  • edited November 2017
    Adam said:

Interesting article on the sky sports website about Carroll and Moyes.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11685/11127353/david-moyes8217-west-ham-hopes-could-hinge-on-andy-carroll8217s-fitness

It seems we play better with Carroll in the side and Sunderland played better with Anichebe in the side.

The analysis re AC is only for this season, though. So the conclusion drawn by the Sky writer could be false.
  • To be honest, I don't really need statistics to know that we play better (offensively) with Carroll, imo. When we don't play him, we don't have much of a game plan.

My point is that I hope Moyes does have a plan for the team without Carroll, since he will inevitably get injured.
  • Reading the article a tactic is terrible when you don't win the game....

I am sure Rio remembers Beckham and Giggs putting in one or two crosses...
  • Always reminds me of bbc bias when we went long was hoof ball, when gerrard went long it was a 70 yard inch perfect pass
  • Recently, whilst teams like us simply play the long ball, fashionable teams have been 'playing it early back to front'.

When they do it, it is a clever tactic to counter the high press. When we do it, it is anti-football.
  • edited November 2017
    Cuz1 said:

Always reminds me of bbc bias when we went long was hoof ball, when gerrard went long it was a 70 yard inch perfect pass

But it was different. Gerrard usually was trying to pick someone out, with some pace on the ball. We just floated it up to the front where maybe our striker would win a knock down but mostly to no one else, if they weren't beaten to it or giving away a free-kick.
  • edited November 2017
    "We just floated it up to the front where maybe our striker would win a knock down but mostly to no one else, if they weren't beaten to it or giving away a free-kick."

IMG_20150613_124421

;bowdown
  • Grey, a lot of the time we have been 'playing it early front to back'.
  • So early that our players weren't yet in a position to receive ;lol
  • NE

Not according to comms or pundits...
  • With Martin O'Neill likely to walk away from the Irish vitriol (unusual from them, they normally give managers great support), Moyes' appointment seems even more of a gamble to me. I know which one I'd be happier with.... ;luck
  • O'Neill had his chance to manage us and he walked away at the last minute.

• O'Neill walked away because someone told the press that he'd be our new manager before we'd sacked Grant which he considered unprofessional.

He was and still is absolutely right
  • I get that Aslef but he wouldn’t be the first or last to do that in football management, do we believe Moyes wasn’t tapped up before, I feel is stock as gone down a little since so wouldn’t inspire me if he was offered it now
  • I'm sure they did negotiate with Moyes before they sacked Slav but they didn't go blabbing to the press and media that it was done and dusted before the Liverpool game, did they? Obviously they've learnt their lesson from the MO'N episode
  • Though it was obvious by all reports that Moyes was in fact going to get the job just not confirmed, by delaying the announcement by a day doesn’t make it any less underhanded
  • MO'N is one of those managers that should be consigned to the past when the top league was called Division1- Im not exactly enamoured with Moyes but MO'N is very close to scraping the bottom of the barrel.
  • It is probably true that a lesson was learned but there is also possibility that there are different dynamics at work here.

Our owners must have known that the appointment of Moyes would in all likliehood create a social media backlash, and they were right, I think that had the news leaked out earlier than it did, there is the very real possibility that the deal would have been fatally impacted so they felt they had to be especially cautious and tight lipped about the news

At the time, they probably felt there was probably less concern over any negative fan reaction over the potential appointment of MO’N as I think he would have had a fairly high approval rating.

I recall that at the time I was quite happy about the idea.

Not matter, let’s behind the team and manager this weekend.

coyi
  • My company delivers the fruit and veg to the training ground. According to the bloke who does the deliveries, he hasn't seen the players looking knackered and sweaty for ages. Could be a good sign.
  • I have no doubt Moyes will get them fit. It’s the rest I worry about.
  • Don't think they'd have been too impressed with the dev squad tonight, thrashed 5-1 at home.
  • Sounds like the first team
  • What sort of squad did we have out anybody know, being ripped apart in my derby supporting pub. Grrrrrr
  • Trott, Johnson (Scully 64), Akinola, Pike (Coventry 50), Powell, Quina, Makasi, Kemp (Diangana 56), Samuelsen, Haksabanovic, Martinez
  • My company delivers the fruit and veg to the training ground. According to the bloke who does the deliveries, he hasn't seen the players looking knackered and sweaty for ages. Could be a good sign.

In the days of the ITK, I do miss this type of intel.
  • In his pre match press call he said the players had told him they didn't work hard enough so let's hope he's worked them as hard as need be without going too far.
  • So what’s to stop those players who thort that doing extra sessions themselves maybe that was part of the indiscipline within the squad
This discussion has been closed.