The new manager hunt (was the Moyes thread) only 3 days to wait...

Comments

• Yes, Mr L. Baines will be our next captain. You heard it here first ;wink
  • And unsworth back in the back four if Moyes can get him fit lol
  • Lazy journalism, they have no actual facts so they are just making stuff up. Again.
  • Bilic was linked to every Croatian and Besiktas player, pretty much expected from journos these days

I agree I can't see much happening, think a new striker may come in if Sakho isn't going to play again but maybe it'll be Martinez who's promoted

The main 2 positions I think the club will be looking at adding to is a DM or a CB but as mentioned only one that'll be an improvement which will be pretty slim pickings judging by previous January windows
  • You get more for your money in the summer, so unless we really need someone in January I suspect we won't see much business. I suppose if Sakho wants out, we might replace him, as you say.
  • I actually can't see anyone following Moyes here as he is only on a six month contract meaning it would be quite a leap of faith if any of his previous players were to seek to link up again. I would imagine most players now sign 3-4 year contracts and so they would likely want to wait to see how he does themselves. I can see him being given some money in January but just enough to be backed without splashing out, and should we look in a healthier position come Christmas then the sum may be quite small.
  • edited November 2017
    Maybe a 6-month loan, for an out-of-favour player who wants to put himself in the shop window, or boost his chances of selection for the World Cup....
  • He himself has already said he’s been told there’s money available if he needs it but he won’t make up his mind until he’s seen everybody and seen us play a few times
  • Let’s hope we turn up for him because we went missing under slav for a long time in my opinion
  • thorn, why the ;lol ?
  • While for me it's gonna be well sad
    not to see Slav there in our dug out, u can only live in hope that Mr Moyes will suit our needs....
    ;scarf
  • Excellent so not only did Brady stick her tupence in about Moyes when his fairly recent reporter comment came out, but she also said this years ago. Let’s hope he doesn’t bear a grudge ;biggrin

4BE30E0C-A3D9-4F21-8CF0-E5D83A0902AF
  • You couldn’t make it up Slaven, sack the board lol
  • Reading through various other forums and sites it’s interesting to see the sadness when Slaven was sacked, to utter outrage at the thought of Moyes being appointed (I would say about 80% of the comments I read were negative), to now nearly a week on and some interviews, some have fans have softened already.

I’ll back him and hope he’s a success just like any other manager, for me right now it’s like going back to the SA appointment.

He’s got a decent squad, maybe a little unbalanced but proven players that have kept clean sheets, run games and scored goals previously
  • Slizzy

Not sure any of us would come out too well if someone could be bothered to do a forensic analysis of the various things we said up to 10 years ago...
  • edited November 2017
    I wouldn't like anyone to do a forensic analysis of some of the things I said up to 10 days ago ;whome
  • scvrr44gvbbffcxxdsxcbbhju

sorry - this is what 18 month old daughterof thinks of the Moyes appointment
    i cannot improve on this...... ;wink
  • slaven if you watch the apprentice at all she seems to spend her time pulling a face and her OWN website states that she is an inspiration to women everywhere. I think she may be one of those with an image of herself that few share. I doubt Moyes or Slav have ever lost sleep over her views.
  • edited November 2017
    Perhaps she should just stop writing for that or any other paper about football and in particular WHU. She was very quick to judge Moyes on his “slap” comment while at Sunderland, which a few have defended him on.

Just my opinion but she should keep quiet and so should Sully as well.
  • Mrs G I didn't know I'd pressed the made me laugh button.
  • c&b

I can't see that it says that in her bio. ;hmm

I'd say any employee who isn't bothered about what the CEO thinks of them is heading for problems.

It's only boasting if you can't do it.
  • The best critique she ever gave on the Apprentice was when she accused someone of being overly sincere! I puzzled that anyone could ever come up with that. A bit like being overly honest or lacking in untruths.
  • Billybindsbeard your daughter bit harsh only been there a week lol
  • Although tbf, 2008 ...

Mrs G I didn't know I'd pressed the made me laugh button.

Fat fingers, small qwerty ;wink
  • MrsGrey said:

I wouldn't like anyone to do a forensic analysis of some of the things I said up to 10 days ago ;whome

Yeah! I wasn't to enamoured with some of those either. ;wink
  • Pearce to be announced tonight. Official announcement soon.
  • Grey - The words quoted are used for the strap line for her website when you search it in Google, these ones are on her site further in, the words are not accredited to anyone so I assume all her own.

Lady Karren Brady CBE is one of the most sought-after motivational speakers in the world and has travelled the globe inspiring and motivating audiences. She has, for the past decade been considered as one of the best speakers in the world on a range of topics that leave audiences inspired and motivated.

I think they qualify as boastful as they are completely subjective, who would she be considered one of the best speakers in the world by? does she leave the audiences inspired and motivated? It's only an opinion but I think she comes across awfully within the newspaper column, the apprentice and her website.

The reason I don't feel Slav or Moyes will worry to much about her is I don't get the impression she has too much to do with the manager but rather the running of other things. I get the impression out of the three Sully has most to do with the manager, team and signings. I may be wrong as it was a time back but I do seem to recall her being sceptical of Grants appointment, but I think she is just an opinion rather than a decision maker. I think they know they must manage Sully and get him on side but not so much Brady, I could be wrong.
  • c&b

Why would you assume they are her words?

It's the. standard kind of puff you'd see on any promotional site.

It might all be nonsense, but no worse than most if it is.

I honestly don't get the animus towards her.
  • Me personally have no opinion of her and only thing that does my head is is the old diary in the sun was just glorified scandal with no names, I listen to what she says about the David’s but she really isn’t going to come out and slate them is she, the board should be seen and not heard as it’s the manager who takes the van when it goes pear shaped
  • I would presume they are her words or at the very least reviewed and agreed with her because it is her website, it is her window to the world, her opportunity to present herself to the world. It would I feel be a more reasonable question to ask why you would feel she has words representing her on her site that are not hers.

There is no real animosity towards her, it's not like I am posting each day with a diatribe against her ( I actually quite liked her in the beginning ), it was purely in response to a previous poster remarking about her earlier in the day, I haven't started a post or anything. She is someone who has placed herself into the public eye, and my comments were expressing an opinion on how she comes across to me within the platforms of her role in the apprentice, her newspaper column and her website. The way she comes across is not a way that I tend warm to, quite the opposite in fact.

I really appreciate the way you run the forum Grey and I have gone on record about that, I think it makes it what it is but I hope you wont take offence if I say that sometimes I think you just have to accept someone is expressing their view, and sometimes our views are instinctive. Not every post needs questioning. Your responses seem unnecessarily combative, your first question of why would you presume these are her words? seems unnecessary, as it would mean we were not assuming that websites are the owners own words or carefully reviewed which again would seem reasonable and just feels a little like you wanted to argue for the sake of it. I do remember the UKIP leader who claimed he had no input to his website but I don't think anyone believed him. I can understand if you were asking why I held the view I do, or even stating an alternative view but I feel you have confronted and challenged the opinion in an unnecessarily combative way, and I think as I haven't left much line of attack of my view open you have presented my comments as containing animosity as a finish, which I think if you re-read they are quite hard to find that in. I like that posts are questioned on here as otherwise these forums become silly, and yourself, and a few others no doubt, ensure it stays a first class forum, but in my view sometimes you could just let a reply be a reply. ;ok
This discussion has been closed.