The new manager hunt (was the Moyes thread) only 3 days to wait...

Comments

• I have nothing useful to say, I just want to make sure my new username is working.

Yeah.

The thing is when you do that this site quotes your new user name on your old posts. So you are in effect eulogising over our new manager even whilst commenting on our old one when he was still in situ ;hmm
    Nobody reads my new posts, let alone my old ones.
  • Is there a person in the football world in a worse situation than Moyes? The level of negativity and vituperation at his appointment has been extreme. The next run of fixtures is daunting. If he smiles and is confident, then he will be called arrogant; if he is grim and realistic, he will be called defeatist. There is a sizeable body of fans itching for the excuse to boo him (and the owners). I didn't want him to be our manager, but I have a lot of sympathy for him right now.
  • edited November 2017
    Did all these anti-Moyesians really think Klupp was about to down tools at Liverpool and come to us or that Guardiola was going to walk out on Citeh and come to us or that Dyche would leave Burnley where he is loved and come to us? I could go on but lets face the future with what we have; a manager who was a very good manager only a few years ago. Yes, he was charmed away from his safety zone by Fergie and since then has not performed to the same level but I believe he can regain his mojo at a club like West ham and until I see different I will continue to believe that and get behind him.

So many of our fans are so deluded it is hard to believe.

• My thoughts on Moyes are only my opinion, I believe the owners can decide when they like to make a change but it’s the changes they make and then the quotes we should have got rid in the summer that concern me, I hope he proves me wrong I really do and have stated on numerous occasions we will stay up not because of Moyes but because it’s a poor league and they will reward him with a new contract for doing what we were going to do anyway
  • edited November 2017
    Steady there Noble...

Who made you our lord and master.

Fans can want what they want. We can dream. What we don’t deserve is a condescending look down their noses look at us look from other fans.

We don’t have to like the choice of manger neither should we keep quite about it.
  • Did all these anti-Moyesians really think Klupp was about to down tools at Liverpool and come to us or that Guardiola was going to walk out on Citeh and come to us or that Dyche would leave Burnley where he is loved and come to us? I could go on but lets face the future with what we have; a manager who was a very good manager only a few years ago. Yes, he was charmed away from his safety zone by Fergie and since then has not performed to the same level but I believe he can regain his mojo at a club like West ham and until I see different I will continue to believe that and get behind him.

So many of our fans are so deluded it is hard to believe.

Will be interesting to see who Everton appoint.
  • Will be very interesting if Everton go for Sam especially when we play them in a few weeks time. What fun!!
  • edited November 2017
    Cuz1 said:

and then the quotes we should have got rid in the summer that concern me,

That's not quite an accurate portrayal of what was said, though, really. The word 'probably' in his comment turns it into a 'with hindsight, it might have been better had we made the change in the summer'.
  • As my dad used to say hindsight a wonderful thing, let’s hope in six months that arnt saying in hindsight we shouldn’t have signed Moyes up
  • The only way we will be able to judge him is on results, Klopp got the boot from Dortmund and left them near the bottom of the german league does n't make him a bad manager , Mourinho got the boot from Chelsea leaving them mid table does n't make him a bad manager. So lets see how he does and then we make a judgement.
  • It's the normal way a manager leaves a club these days, it seems.

Hardly anyone sees out their contract, or leaves to take up a new job.
  • I myself am fed up with being unhappy about what has happened at our club .

Moyes is our manager now he deserves a good chance it won’t just change in the next couple of weeks and all the players for me now have a clean slate.

He has a tough job and I hope he can get the players fitter and that he finds out those who have a passion for the club and gets rid of those that don’t .
  • I agree entirely about the Sully Jnr thing, and to be fair, he's a lot less vocal on Twitter compared to how he used to be, so hopefully he/his dad have realised how much of a negative feeling they created.

As for the 'leak', I guess at this stage it's just heresay. I mean, all I've seen is the reports in the media which have no substance at all, as far as I can tell.
  • He's not wrong Sam though is he.
  • OCS - maybe the teenage hormones have kicked in and football is no longer his prime interest......
  • "Rumour has it Sakho had reported to the physio with an unknown liquid leaking from his head after training. Gary Lewin informed him it was nothing to worry about, he was apprently just sweating."
  • Funny, however I would say a little harsh on Sakho.

IMO when he takes the field he works hard, especially running the channels. His problem is the spells out injured and throwing strops. When he does play though he’s of decent quality.
  • "Rumour has it a bunch of players reported to the physio with an unknown liquid leaking from their heads after training. Gary Lewin informed them it was nothing to worry about, they were apparently just sweating."

Barack’s

Fixed it for yer
    ;wink
  • C&B

He was referring to how Slav had privately contacted some players after he was sacked, and one or more had leaked that to the press.

Also said how Diddy D wouldn't stop wee Jack from saying stuff on Twitter.
  • Moyes said he’d spoke to Sam and he’d said was a good club to work for
  • Cuz1 said:

Moyes said he’d spoke to Sam and he’d said was a good club to work for

Do you think Moyes would say anything else less than a week after he was appointed manager? Sam probably said a lot more and Moyes is keeping schtum
  • ASLEF, if that was the case wouldn't Moyes have just not said that he spoke with Sam?

• Also said how Diddy D wouldn't stop wee Jack from saying stuff on Twitter.

Thankfully since Jack has been more involved with West Ham ladies his juvenile posts on Twitter have lessened.

Now all we need is for Brady to give up her nonsense column in the Sun and we might actually reduce the amount of fodder about the club in the press.

• edited November 2017
    Moyes first moves (allegedly) from BBC:

West Ham's new boss David Moyes could sell record signing Marko Arnautovic, 28, in January, less than four months after the striker arrived for £25m. Moyes wants Bournemouth's Harry Arter, 27, fellow midfielder William Carvalho, 25, of Sporting Lisbon, and Sunderland's Ivory Coast defender Lamine Kone, 28. (Daily Mirror)

He could sell Arnie, if someone would have him and he wants Arter, Carvalho, and Kone.
    I keep telling my wife that I want a red Ferrari for Christmas. ;biggrin
  • Cuz1 said:

Moyes said he’d spoke to Sam and he’d said was a good club to work for

Do you think Moyes would say anything else less than a week after he was appointed manager? Sam probably said a lot more and Moyes is keeping schtum
    No just as they are friends in football,
    A, Moyes wouldn’t have made it up
    B, said something he hadn’t said, I wouldn’t be happy if that happened to me, just saying
This discussion has been closed.