The new manager hunt (was the Moyes thread) only 3 days to wait...

Comments

• NE

Actually from the Mirror (via BBC gossip page); that's the Mirror who have a fantastic track record for spouting transfer nonsense.

Here's how I see that 'story' working:

Journo has column inches to fill

Thinks: Hmm - West Ham - new manager = transfer rumours

So let's take

1) a recent purchase that looks like they haven't settled yet

2) a previous transfer target for the club

3) a random player

4) a former player

Bingo, and time to knock off for lunch.
  • Isn't Arnie on International duty??

So Moyes having not seen a player yet even for one training session has already decided to sell him....

;hmm maybe not....
  • Also, David Moyes, renowned for using wingers, is selling one of three wingers at the club to buy two centre midfielders? Sure.
  • Wouldn’t know but think he bought fellani twice so anything could happen lol
  • People use Fellaini as a stick to beat Moyes with, but let's be honest, he was excellent at Everton, one of the best signings he made. And in Moyes' season as Man Utd boss Fellaini only made 21 appearances in all competitions. Since then he has made a further 121. It's not like he signed an incompetent player and shoehorned him in at every opportunity. He's played 56 times for Mourinho, and 65 times across two years for van Gaal.
  • Don’t doubt that at all it’s not his ability I question it’s the off the ball stuff you see week in week out, would you want him at our club ? I personally wouldn’t
  • Cuz

That's a separate issue, imo.

Mourinho frequently mentions how important Fellaini is to him.

In terms of judging Moyes' signings, Fellaini is clearly a success.
  • Cuz

Do I want him? No.

But it's besides the point, because we aren't signing him.
  • edited November 2017
    Because

Mourinho doesn't want to sell him

and even if he did

Fellaini would have far more attractive options than us
  • Slowing down the midfield more probably isn't a great idea either.
  • Moyes talking to Sam is a non issue, Sam spoke to Steve Bruce before accepting the job and Bruce told him it's a massive club take it. That's after Sunderland beat us 3-0 in the last home game of the season.
  • I know but he was treated badly towards the end of his tenure so still nice he thinks we are a good club and harbours no bitterness towards us
  • Well he was certainly treated badly by the fans but not sure how badly he was treated by the club as we won't know the full story of his leaving.
  • Is it on tape somewhere? ;hmm
  • I'd sell Arnie if I had a chance....and I have seen him!
  • Not pulled up any trees yet did rate him but obvious attitude problem but thought the fee was ten million to much but with these inflated fees maybe not maybe he needs a no nonsense boss to get the best out of him
  • I just hope he is better than the last Scot to manage West Ham!
  • Disaster the last one
  • But did bring in a few good players though
  • Who is this?
    "He had a reputation for discipline and tried to change the training and dietary habits of the players. This met with some disapproval within the playing ranks."
    ;wink
  • Lou macari lol just read that part
  • Is the quote from Macavennie?
  • The chip shop owner from Old Trafford also asked when taking over what had playing the West Ham way achieved!
  • edited November 2017
    Wrong thread....
  • More utter nonsense from the mirror. Moyes supposedly wants Danny Ings on loan in January. ;doh

A striker who has played once in the premier league in over 2 years.

I have to say I'm struggling to think who he will bring in, in January. It only makes sense to get someone who is actually better than what we've got. Maybe a CB? There's no need for an overhaul.
  • Moyes went to the dentist and sat in the chair.

Dentist: "Comfy?"
    Moyes: "Glasgow"
  • Felliani January move abroad is all over the sports gossip... You know we're going to bid for him. So thats one he'll try for...

Oh and I've calmed (Moyes wise) and I'm hoping his apparent confidence displayed is real plus he does actually improve us (not jut a little bit as that won't help in a relegation struggle). Sort of giving him the benefit of the doubt ;puzzled ;hmm
  • Miralis another one mentioned
  • I think we already tried to get him a while ago... He cant get into an struggling Everton team at the moment so that would be a little concerning....
  • The lazy journos will now link us with every player Moyes has managed or ever expressed a interest in....
This discussion has been closed.