The 'couldn't think where else to put this' and decided it didn't merit a new thread thread

Comments

• Alderz you paid twice to watch the same film you didnt like....

I certainly understand why your a WH fan ;bowdown
  • As the great Oscar Wilde didn’t say – “There’s only one thing worse than having everyone misquoting you, and that’s having nobody quoting you at all.”
  • Watching the Big Match Revisited from 1977.

We just lost 3-0 to Newcastle.

We even lose games I watch from 40 years ago.

Irons.
  • edited November 2017
    OCS, do you self-flagellate as well, or are you just a common or garden masochist? ;biggrin
  • have you seen the crushers they employ in Japan for their underground trains, people with brooms to literally squish people into the underground trains.
  • 'Premier League: A minimum 190 games to be televised live from 2019-2020'

I saw a report on this on the BBC website - at the rate they are going there will be no point in attending games as they will all be live on the box, that is the equivalent of screening 10 full weeks of PL games. Maybe that is the plan from the owners point of view - all matches screened over the weekend and during the week, no need for the outlay and cost of running a huge stadium, reduced staff to run the club, no need to cater for fans attending matches .........
  • I saw that - a minumum of 22 additional live games on offer, with a new 'Saturday night' slot.

But that's less than 1 match per week, so I guess they'll move 1 of the Saturday 3pm slots to a Saturday evening.... ;hmm
  • It actually got me thinking that some time in the (hopefully distant) future you will be able to purchase a 'Club' package from sky and or BT where you pay a subscription for all of your team matches to what live. If you want to watch others as well there will be an additional 'General' package for a mix of other teams matches. The amount of money you get will be based on the audience you draw --(Shudders at the though smiley)
  • You mean people would actually pay to see all West Hams games live through the season ;hmm ;wahoo Do they have a therapy package to purchase with it?
  • Well you can get a season ticket for actually going so why not for matches on the box? The additional matched being the away ones where there would be interest from the away team as well.
  • 3pm games delayed live?
  • Well it’s what they do in the states and the crowds there don’t seem to dwindle
  • sweepy23 said:

Well it’s what they do in the states and the crowds there don’t seem to dwindle

The NFL have a deal with the TV companies, if a televised game isn't sold out the TV pays for the empty seats
  • 190 games is half of the total number of PL games
  • sweepy23 said:

Well it’s what they do in the states and the crowds there don’t seem to dwindle

The NFL have a deal with the TV companies, if a televised game isn't sold out the TV pays for the empty seats
    Interesting. What about Baseball?
  • MrsGrey said:

3pm games delayed live?

A journo said yesterday they might even have live games running simultaneously.
  • sweepy23 said:

Interesting. What about Baseball?

Probably not, MLB has 36 teams who play 162 games each over 26 weeks compared to the NFL with 32 teams who play 16 games each over 17 weeks.
  • Not a happy hammer today. I did a six match accumalator with a pay out of
    £300. The first five all won, last match was Charlton v M K Dons. Score was
    2-1 Charlton, until M K Dons scored with a 90th min penalty. ;weep
  • Football will eventually kills itself with the amount of televised games.

We already have an ‘elite’ and then ‘the rest’ sistuation.

Televised games will become so over hyped and ridiculous as to bear no comparison with what is really happening.

I need coffee.
  • Will Suze? Will? I think that is already upon us.
  • That is sadly true....
  • I'm sure someone can tell me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that all Bundesliga games are shown on TV, and fans get the choice to watch whatever games they want live. That hasn't killed the Bundesliga because clubs respond by ensuring games are affordable. The thing that is ruining English football for the fans (imo) is the ticket pricing. As it stands, I would welcome more TV games because I can't afford to get to West Ham hardly at all. If more games means less fans go that damages the product anyway, so ticket prices may have to decrease to make it an attractive enough proposition to still want to go.
  • edited November 2017
    Ald.... I’m of the opinion we should follow the Bundesliga model in every respect.
  • Further to what I said before, another massive expense is rail fare. From my limited experience of German rail, it is significantly less expensive. From where I am you’re looking at at least another £20 on trains to get to a game
  • Is it true there is standing, in the grounds?
  • imagelost said:

Is it true there is standing, in the grounds?

German stadiums have rail seating so even if you stand on the terraces you have an allocated spot
  • I think we should do the same as Italy where the top two divisions are national but everything below that is regional. A lot less travelling for fans and a lot more derbies.
  • West Ham fans urged to stop 999 calls after 'losing again'
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-42054350
    I find it crazy that someone would do such a thing, they must be a bit loopy.
This discussion has been closed.