The 'couldn't think where else to put this' and decided it didn't merit a new thread thread

Comments

• Right my old china
  • "Do you know what I mean" at the end of a sentence
  • "Like" at the beginning of every sentence
  • imagelost said:

Right my old china

And less of the 'old'!!

;wink
  • edited November 2017
    vorse

You may laugh but a while back I was walking along the road here, on one of the rare roads that has a pavement of sorts (basically, a narrow strip of road paved in a different colour) on both sides of the road.

I was walking to the place we were going t eat, and I was on the left. Because the traffic drives on the right, I was nearly hit by an oncoming motorbike who wasn't paying attention. The driver shouted at me, and instructed me (none too politely) that I shouldn't be walking there - I must always walk on the right in Greece.

So, going home, I did ;biggrin
  • Mrs Grey well the Greeks did invent most things I understand, I'm sure their right...
  • In 1997, 12% of Americans in a survey said that Noah's wife was named Joan.
  • Americans elected Donald Trump as president.

I win.
  • edited November 2017
    In a recent poll, it was found that one in three Trump supporters are as stupid as the other two ;wink
  • edited November 2017
    Chicago, that deserves a ;lol ;lol
  • I have just come across this astounding fact.

The computers that were used in the Apollo moon landings had less memory than the modern mobile phone.

• MrsGrey said:

I have just come across this astounding fact.

The computers that were used in the Apollo moon landings had less memory than the modern mobile phone.

I thought it was the. Wrists watch
  • Ok I had to smile, it is of course thanksgiving over here so turkey and American football is the order of the day, so I have just settled down after a huge turkey dinner to watch the Dallas Cowboys vs the Chargers.

The half time show is truly comparable to the super bowl, a massive stage, a full band with lights and hordes of cheerleaders/dancers.

The Hammerettes came to mind and I just started chuckling.

My extended American family did not understand why I found it funny, so I felt that I had to share it with you lot.
  • According to the Sun (I know) Andrew Flintoff believes the world is flat and its all a conspiracy by Disney and Nasa to make us believe its round ;lol
  • I was reading that a guy in America is building his own Rocket so he can fly into Space to prove the earth if flat.

My immediate thought was to build a rocket you have to understand the concept of thrust to overcome gravity and then the concept of trajectory to exit the earths Orbit.

I'm not a Rocket scientist but aren't these concepts strongly linked to the fact that the Earth rotates because you know it's round.... ;hmm
  • But if you believe the world is flat you probably don't believe it rotates. ;doh
  • I prefer the Hollow Earth theory to the Flat Earth theory. Both are absolute nonsense, but Hollow Earth has two different variations. One is that the world has smaller worlds in it kind of like a Russian Doll situation, and the other is that we are contained within the earth and when we look up to the sky we are actually looking inwards to the core of the earth
  • I was reading that a guy in America is building his own Rocket so he can fly into Space to prove the earth if flat.

My immediate thought was to build a rocket you have to understand the concept of thrust to overcome gravity and then the concept of trajectory to exit the earths Orbit.

I'm not a Rocket scientist but aren't these concepts strongly linked to the fact that the Earth rotates because you know it's round.... ;hmm

If he believes the world is flat then he's probably just trying to build a fast car that he's going to call a rocket because he thinks if he keeps going West he'll just fall into space.
  • The world may be round, and flat. A circular flat earth .............. so there ;biggrin
  • edited November 2017
    I have this strange desire to visit the ArK encounter in Kentucky - look it up, I think I would laugh my head off arkencounter.com
  • edited November 2017
    Chicago - John Oliver did an excellent bit about that a few weeks ago

And you might have to soon as it's not making money
  • #TrueFacts

The real Noah’s Ark, the one described in the Bible, was huge. It was amazingly seaworthy—a ship that kept the occupants safe during a worldwide flood.

;fence
  • I have this strange desire to visit the ArK encounter in Kentucky - look it up, I think I would laugh my head off arkencounter.com

This urge has probably got something to do with a certain team playing this evening, I bet the urge to look at goats and things is strongest between 8pm and 10pm (GMT) this evening. Because at that time I will have the urge to be almost anywhere but stuck in front of my TV. In fact the local WI have their meetings on the fourth friday of every month and tonights meeting includes a talk from Dorothy and Mavis on the pitfalls of crocheting, and other wool based pursuits, in regards to repetitive strain injuries and other hidden dangers. ;hmm

• If he believes the world is flat then he's probably just trying to build a fast car that he's going to call a rocket because he thinks if he keeps going West he'll just fall into space.

You wouldn't even have to break the speed limit to reach escape velocity from Phobos, Mars' inner moon. Which also isn't flat.
  • They have cars on Phobos? ;nonono
  • edited November 2017
    I always though it was a Ford Focus ;hmm

Ford Phobos ....................... Nah, surely not
This discussion has been closed.