Summer 2017 Transfer Speculation

Comments

• Maguire or Gibson?
  • The 2 booked brothers at Boro look promising... ;wink
  • Markovic, Maguire, Pickford, Defoe, Gibson. That's about it I would say?
  • I'd go with Pickford but he's probably on his way to Everton already. Maguire looks good but honestly I don't think anyone else looks better than what we have already
  • AC and Sakho both need to go IMO.

Although I have no proof of this, I am of the view that AC is probably fit to play, however now we are safe the Dave's want to keep him unbroken just so he can pass a fitness test at his next club when he is offloaded.
  • Which takes some saying after what I've just seen
  • In which case we need three strikers.

Which I just don't see happening.

Carroll back to Newcastle is just about the only move I can see him making.

Which could well be the case OCS

But what other choice is there? Do you think the Dave's will really want to keep, say, AC as a back up on £90k a week when he can disappear for weeks on end at the throw of a hat?

I don't
  • The commentator today suggested we we very close to signing Zabaletta ;hmm

Hopefully true but I've not seen anything anywhere else
  • there have been a couple of paper gossip comments re Zab recently. We could do worse than him at RB
  • On the basis there is no fee involved it's probably a rumour that has some legs ;lol

Of course we all know what will happen - he will mysteriously fall out with Slav and will then disappear from the first team squad without explanation
  • edited May 2017
    Well if we’re talking about who’d get into our side today

Defoe/Negredo/Gibson/Maguire/Chambers/Robertson are half dozen
  • Penge

Your mood then won't be lifted by our rumoured signing of Zabaletta then ;lol

Which could well be the case OCS

But what other choice is there? Do you think the Dave's will really want to keep, say, AC as a back up on £90k a week when he can disappear for weeks on end at the throw of a hat?

I don't
    But three strikers? We needed one last summer and we couldn't get any of our main targets over the line.

Don't get me wrong, I think both Carroll and Sakho have to go, but I just don't see it happening
  • Based upon today's showing, we would also take Moyes to be our manager
  • We need to assume fletcher will actually be an available back up option next season. And on top of that, getting one striker who can vaguely stay injury free for a season is better than having AC and Sakho combined
  • edited May 2017
    baracks, some might say Silva would be the better option but I am still 100% behind Bilic.
  • Martin Tyler has just said Zabaleta is joining West Ham. Have I missed the memo?
  • Oh good another over the hill player a big team doesn't want, West Ham the over the hill players graveyard

• @baracks_a_hammer "Penge: Your mood then won't be lifted by our rumoured signing of Zabaletta then".

Nope and I had that in mind when commenting. Sagny, Terry, Toure and sundry are all being linked with WHU. Buying them would be madness, would not provide continuity and also upset existing players because these slowing players would come with a high wage bill. Then what message would this senior recruitment send to academy players? Not very positive in my view. I know teams always need a balance of experience, youth and exuberance, but buying these ageing players does not do anything for me.
  • This is nailed on to be Arbeloa mark 2. This time next year we will once again be discussing the fact that our transfer priority has to be to get a right back
  • edited May 2017
  • Zabaleta is more than good enough for us.
  • So, I suspect, would Arbeloa have been - so what happened there? No-one seems to be letting on..
  • edited May 2017
    Arbeloa was rubbish for Liverpool, I wasn't surprised he was rubbish for us.
  • Maybe when his contract is up and he's out of the club we'll find out, but I suspect it's a clash with Bilic a la Amalfitano and Sakho
  • Zabaleta has been the best right back in the league before.....Arbeloa hasn't

Zabaleta is also 2 years younger han Arbeloa was

I'm happy for the deal.....we need some smarter players the amount of times we let in a goal and the players all lose there head and it's 3-0
  • Any chance we can sign someone under 30 na thought not
  • Any chance we can sign someone under 30 na thought not.
This discussion has been closed.