Summer 2017 Transfer Speculation

Comments

• edited May 2017
    I was actually going to ask if Whuchamposleaguein7years was gonna to alter it down (6,5,4,3, etc) every season so we could get excited the closer it got ;lol
  • Are you sure? ;wink

Woohoo! I didnt notice til right now ( I read the unread posts backwards! ;lol ) Thanks ;thumbsup

#will ask for it to be altered when he gets TF'd somewhere else ;weep
  • The daves bought the club in Jan 2010 so by my calculations time is up
  • Yeah, just let us know and we'll change it back (or forwards...)
  • edited May 2017
    NobleWorldClass not realistic ;hmm ;wink
  • alderz said:

Brookings

Whilst I see arguments that they could/should be moved on, there are too many unlikely factors that would need to come to fruition, IMO - particularly for Andy Carroll.

So let's say Newcastle. So Newcastle will need to bid an amount that is acceptable for us, for an injury prone player. So they offer a pay as you play contract (as per your suggestion). Now, Andy Carroll is probably pretty aware that he gets injured a lot and misses a lot of games. He is also probably very aware that he gets paid a heck of a lot of money playing for West Ham. If you were Andy Carroll, would you want to accept a pay as you play deal? Because I wouldn't.

I believe pay as you play applies to the transfer price not the players wages. Why would any player (injury prone or not) accept pay as you play wages? You would be subject to so many factors: injury, suspension, falling out with your manager, etc..
  • edited May 2017
    Didn't Mido come to us on a pay per play ?
  • I thought it was a token £1k a week which proved too hard for sully to resist?
  • He was on a grand a week wasn't he?
  • MIA

Maybe my understanding of it is wrong, but either way it doesn't really work.

If you were selling Carroll because his injury record is bad, why would you only accept money based on appearances made?
  • I thought it was a token £1k a week which proved too hard for sully to resist?

1k too much...
  • Antonio has signed new 4 year deal so that's one thing sorted
  • http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39886112

Could we attract him? Would he improve the starting eleven? ;hmm

1k too much...
    He repaid us for our faith in him by missing a penalty v spurs
  • Bazshuayi said:

I was actually going to ask if Whuchamposleaguein7years was gonna to alter it down (6,5,4,3, etc) every season so we could get excited the closer it got ;lol

Don't think it's getting closer though ;whistle

Will start the countdown from next season perhaps ;cool
  • edited May 2017
    Re: Jordi Mboula, see this. Commentator gets a bit excited too ;biggrin

• Ah, but can he do it on a wet and windy night in February at Stoke? ;hmm
  • He won't be alone if he can't......
  • Well, we know he can do it in an empty stadium.
  • ¡Ay, caramba!

Can we take him home please Mommy???
  • edited May 2017
    That's another 10m on Batushuayi ;lol
  • Was just about to type that!
  • I did, on the Other Games thread ;lol
  • Just written himself into Chelsea history and earned himself another year I reckon.
  • away from PC for 10 minutes and I guess we're thinking the same thing ( price and wonder if they'll let him go now). Looks like I changed my handle too soon ;weep
  • Man City confirm Pablo Zabaleta is leaving at the end of the season. Means West Ham favourites to sign him. Ready to pay him £100,000 a week
  • Forgot all about him....

Swansea City and West Ham are back on the trail of Manchester City striker Wilfried Bony (28), who is available for £15m + add-ons. [Mail]
  • West Ham FC transfer news: Carlos Bacca back on Hammers' radar after asking to leave AC Milan - Talksport

Haha! Anyone up for round two?!
  • Hull

Jakupovic
    Maguire
    Dawson
    Ranocchia
    Robertson
    Elmohamady
    N'Diaye
    Clucas
    Grosicki
    Goebel
    Niasse

Davies
    Huddlestone
    Elabdellaoui
    Maloney
    Mbokani
    Marshall
    Bowen

Boro

Guzan
    Fabio
    Chambers
    Gibson
    de RoonBooked
    ClaytonBooked
    Forshaw
    Bamford
    Negredo
    Downing

Konstantopoulos
    Bernardo
    Leadbitter
    Fischer
    Barragán
    Stuani
    Traoré

Sunderland

Pickford
    Jones
    Koné
    O'Shea
    Manquillo
    Larsson
    Denayer
    Ndong
    Borini
    Defoe
    Anichebe

Mannone
    Oviedo
    Djilobodji
    Rodwell
    Khazri
    Gibson
    Gooch

Any worth taking on from the Relegated teams ?
This discussion has been closed.