Summer 2017 Transfer Speculation

Comments

• edited May 2017
    Yeold

https://www.transfermarkt.com/west-ham-united/kader/verein/379/saison_id/2016

It's 'home grown' rather than British. Any nationality who has had 3 years at an English or Welsh club before 21, so, for us, Norty Boy counts as HG.

However, you are right, as we had to include Sam Westley in the 25 to make up the required 8 this season.
  • Luke,

Spelt his name wrong it's Mbodj, we did look at him before we got Obiang, but he can play in the middle at the back or CDM/CM, only problem we would have if he was an upgrade is the ANC taking another player off us for several weeks. ;ok
  • Vorse, do we want Kone, wouldn't Maguire from Hull be a better option?

How much are Pachuca going to pay?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/west-ham-eye-transfer-lukasz-10382557

If we are watching Anderlecht we ought to have seen Mbadj their Centre Half a friend of Kouyate's.

I think Laminate Kone, he's better on the deck and covers the ground nicely ;run
  • Think as far as trimming it's you are looking, realistically, at:

Arbeloa
    Randolph/Adrian (1 of those)
    Feghouli
    Valencia
    Sakho

Possibly snodgrass as he's the type of player who teams coming from the championship will look as

Think we will keep hold of Calleri (look at how much game time hes getting), Nordtveit who has got something to offer and Carroll, mostly due to lack of suitors

Don't think it will be a huge cull, think a few of te younger players will go on loan,possibly only Burke (and maybe oxford) will be drafted into the first team so loads for Fletcher, Martinez, Browne, Cullen (I'd promote him to the first team) and Samuelsen

I think there will be players that we will be alright letting go of for good enough offers Cresswell, Ogbonma, Collins, Byram, Carroll, Nordtveit etc.

There will also be interest in Reid, Antonio, Kouyate, Lanzini and Obiang but hope we convince them all to stay
  • I only want Cullen to back out on loan if it's to Bradford in the Championship. I'd also be happy for Burke to go back there too if they go up. I would like him to be in the first team, but his season at Wigan was so badly disrupted by injury that it would still be good for him to get a season under his belt.
  • C&H reporting we are no longer interested in Defoe due to his high wages and age
  • C&H reporting we are no longer interested in Defoe due to his high wages and age

#welcomejermain
  • And he's only scored once since February

Personally I think he'll go bournmouth....think the Daves will see him as a risk as he is 34 and he will be wanting £80k a Week

• Tbf we haven't purchased a striker since Sakho/Valencia back in 2014(?). We spent £16m on those two.

Not sure why we would buy one this summer.

We'll again hope that Andy will stay fit and be having this chat again next season. The strikers out there will either be too old or too pricey.
  • edited May 2017
    Think Snodgrass and Feghouli will be let go. Along with Arbeloa. I can't see us signing Calleri permanently.

We'll still be able to break even on Snodderz as he's only been on the decline 6 months.

Nordtveit I'd expect to leave too but don't think it's as likely.

And then there's a good chance Sakho and Valencia could leave if there is interest.

So maybe 5-7 departures.
  • edited May 2017
    Lukerz

Tbf we haven't purchased a striker since Sakho/Valencia back in 2014(?). We spent £16m on those two.
    We haven't purchased outright, but have tried several, including Zaza and Calleri this season, so it's not like the board think 'Nah, let's not bother.'

In addition, we signed Fletcher and Martinez.

We signed Jellybaby the year before. And Maiga.
    Lukerz

The strikers out there will either be too old or too pricey.
    Or not want to sign for us even when a club record fee has been agreed...

#cantshiftLukerzfromhisnarrative

#nousetryingfacts
  • If we were to sign Calleri permanently, how much will he cost?
  • No more than £3m
  • Wouldn't sign him, not a goal scorer which is what we need.
  • I don't think you'll get him for 3m. I'd guess 7m plus add ons
  • Yeold

I don't think we've seen enough to say he isn't a goal scorer.

Even great strikers go through barren patches and we haven't had Jonny C long enough on the pitch to know, imo.

For me, the fact that he has missed some decent chances suggests that he is a goal scorer, since he has the instincts to get into the right positions.

Are we going to say to Fletcher that he gets 3 starts to show he can score or he is on his bike?
  • Grey we signed him on loan last Summer the fact he has had as many starts as he has and games suggests Slav doesn't think he was that good to begin with being below Zaza and all.

Fletcher was bought in as a long term prospect not a loan so has time. Calleri was a loan where a decision needs to made to invest in him or not.
  • Also Kouyate and Nordveidt can fill in.

This tactic was the cause of 71% of all arguments on this forum this season!
  • Also Kouyate and Nordveidt can fill in.

This tactic was the cause of 71% of all arguments on this forum this season!
    I mean as 7th and 8th choices, behind Oxford and Burke.
  • West Ham United have no intention of sacking Slaven Bilic at the end of this season and are considering making Yaya Toure one of their major signings in the summer should the 33-year-old midfielder leave Manchester City. (Daily Telegraph)
  • Yaya Toure lol.
  • It's Yaya Toure birthday on Saturday, he'll be 34. He's supposedly on £220k pw, even if he wants half that he's not worth it.
  • News Story One: Jermain Defoe is too old at 34 and £80kpw is too much for a 34 year old
    News Story Two: West Ham will wait until Yaya Toure is 43 then offer him £7m pw
  • If we want to move on as a club we need to sign players in their early 20's not 30's maybe take a leaf out of the Spurs transfer manual for once ;lol Big no on Toure Defoe too old too much money
  • Peraces

tbf, I think that is how the club have tried to operate for the most part in recent seasons.

They have made a point of trying to tie down our younger players to long deals, while giving short term deals to older players.
  • PLF

Whilst I agree on Defoe and Touré being too much money, I actually don't think age is as much of a factor these days for signings.

When you look at the recent history of most clubs, it's rare for a player to be a consistent first team member of the same side for more than 3 years before moving on. To me, when we're looking at a new signing, I'm expecting them to give us 2-3 years. If someone is aged even 32/33 (depending on fitness) that isn't an unlikely amount of service to expect still.

Anyone we sign that is early 20s and able to improve our first XI will be leaving in 2 years anyway, so the age isn't that important, IMO.
  • I think its the memory of previous regimes where we seem to be a last big pay day for players at the end of their careers . We have signed some decent young players and I hope to see them progress. Its all made up paper stuff at the min ;lol
  • Its all made up paper stuff at the min pretty much all the time
    Fixed it for ya! ;wink
  • Lots of links saying Chelsea only want to sell Batshuayi and wish to recouping most of the £33mil they spent, so probby around £22-25mil

I think he's worth the risk, he may not be prefered by Conte.... but he's been only give 117 minutes of game time hardly time to impress and adjust to the league

He's 23, build like a proper front man and is probably hungry to prove himself

He may treat us Like a stepping stone but if we get a player that ends up like Lukaku and giving us £50mil + one day its a risk we should take

Whoever we get it is gonna be a risk but this guy could be the best long term deal
This discussion has been closed.