Summer 2017 Transfer Speculation

Comments

• Yeold , alderz ;ok Yes I see your points , which makes given his history of injurys before we signed him a surprise we gave him 5yrs in the first place ..

Time will tell but for sure Sakho needs to go ASAP .

• The length of the contract is a head scratcher, but that has happened and there isn't much that can be done about that now.

To be honest, the only way I can see Sakho actually going is on a free to somewhere just to get him off the books.
  • edited May 2017
    Unless he goes abroad I cant see us letting him go for free to another PL club if he only has 1 season left in his contract.

I suspect Andy is with us until the end of his contract. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing if he becomes our "back up Striker" rather than our "first choice main striker" he is a Brilliant "Plan B" option and final 20 minute game man as an impact sub. Only bad thing is that he is on Big wages and since Payet leaving I imagine he is back to being the top earner at the club.
  • Yeold ;ok agree good back up striker
  • Just because you say only play him for 20mins as an impact sub it doesn't lessen his chances of getting injured at any moment.

And given how his injuries can crop up at any moment - for example he can appear to play a full game and appear fine at the end of it only to then mysteriously sit out the next 3 or 4 - he can't really be a back up striker either.

The Daves I suspect would rather give him away for no transfer fee rather than have him stay and perform either of these roles
  • The Daves aren't going to let Carroll walk on a free or pay up his wages over the 2 years to get him off the books. He will be here till his contract is up.

I reckon playing 20 minutes instead of 90 minutes probably does lessen his chances of getting injured. Being a back up striker also means if he does get injured for 3 or 4 games then we have a First Choice Striker ! who would be playing anyway.
  • Definately need to get rid of valencia and Sakho, hopefully we can get close to £20mil for both which would be a good deal

Carroll if there is a offer then we should take it, big wages and too injury prone

Defoe makes too much sense not to happen, British, knows the club and gets goals....more than the current crop

Batshuayi with a loan with option to buy could work

King will probably be too expensive but it's gonna be expensive so let's just take a punt and get him in

Don't want sturridge think he's a spent force, just isn't the same player if a few years ago his legs are well gone
  • Yeold

The way it would work in his role as a back up is that he would be injured at the point where he is called on to deputise.

No way are the daves gonna let someone be a bit part on 90k a week - my view is they'd rather get him off the payroll.
  • edited May 2017
    I don't see the Daves deciding to pay up the rest of his 2 year contract, not when he could be picked up by a rival club. I think he is here till the rest of his contract unless someone comes in with an offer for him.
  • ;hmm how much would we let him go for 5m 6m 10m not sure anyone would want to pay much with his injure record having said that 6m to get him off the books I would now take
  • Valencia also has two seasons left on his contract and again I don't see him going anywhere soon. The loan deal with Everton has an option to buy but the £14,5m price tag S&G stuck on him is unrealistic.

He was in the starting XI for Everton against Chelsea but that was his first start since the FA Cup 3rd round and only his sixth start in total. Even if Lukaku does go for big bucks in the summer I don't see Koeman paying £14.5m for someone who's spent more time on the bench than the pitch.
  • Watching Valencia he is still too light and I can't see this changing, gets pushed off the ball far too easy.
  • I doubt he'll be available next season but Iheanacho on loan next season would be amazing. I think he's got real talent but is behind Aguero and Jesus (and who know's who else they'll sign).

Not that I think he'll leave Man City next season, mind.
  • Don't think we need a replacement for Noble think Cullen is exactly the same player as Noble just a little lightweight which comes with age

Not sure if Feghouli is injured but haven't seen him often, think he may be off in the summer....think we'll keep Snodgrass just for his experience and form for Hull

Will need a new CB if we are going to attack next season with 3 at the back

Collins and Fonte are quite old so at any points their legs can go and then we have gaps in the squad

As of right now I don't think Oxford is capable of playing CB in the prem....he's more of a DM but I think Burke can come in and do a job

Also interested to see what happens now Adrian is back in the side and in good form....pretty sure he's out of contract this summer still
  • Don't forget we have Pedro to come back and tighten up the midfield and we should get Adrian signed up pronto.
  • You have to wonder if Adrian wants to now move back to Spain and maybe the club have known this for a while?
  • Baracks: that would be a pity. He's more entertaining than the gum-chewer. I'd like to keep them both.
  • Various sources claim that Adrian wants to go back to Spain because he thinks he will have a better chance of getting an international call up but as De Gea is currently Spain's No.1 that doesn't make any sense at all.

If Adrian does go we need a keeper but otherwise I'd be perfectly happy to start next season with the team we have right now. I'd give Calleri another year loan deal, give him and Fletcher some proper playing time.

After the disappointment of Zaza and the ructions of Payet give the team a chance to settle
  • Without sounding too harsh I still think we need a new keeper. The lest three games doesn't really change a lot for me. Our defence was very well organised which meant very few clear cut chances given to the likes of Lukaku, Kane etc.

We need to improve squad wise and this is one of the positions we need to do it in. If we don't improve in the key areas we will probably stand still which could mean another relegation scrap.
  • Hart or Buckland.
  • no question Buckland in a heartbeat never rated Hart cant see us getting either would take pickford over both but wont get him
  • ;hmm guess I feel a bit down today
  • I would keep Adrian and save the money towards a decent striker which is
    the main priority.
  • Buckland signed a 5 year deal with Stoke in March 2016, we've got two hopes of signing him and one of them is Bob. Everton are supposedly close to finalising a £17m deal for Pickford and Joe Hart wants to stay in Italy.

If we need a new keeper we're going to have to look beyond the obvious
  • ;whome sorry Aslef I was just saying.....

• edited May 2017
    Sorry Suze didn't mean it as a criticism but I'm currently into being realistic. It saves on the pain......
  • I know... I'm just being mischievous.
  • King
    Garioud
    Defoe
    Trippier
  • Zero chance of Trippier. Maybe a chance of Perez at Arsenal. If Defoe genuinely wants to return he'd be a great free. King = loadsamoney and will go to a higher club than us

#IMO
This discussion has been closed.