Summer 2017 Transfer Speculation

Comments

• edited May 2017
    Can't see us splashing out 22m plus. ;nonono
  • Had a £34mil bid accepted last summer for him....don't see why they couldn't stump up £22mil for the same player
  • He's clearly a good player, his goal scoring record shows it. He's still unproven in this league, but at least he will have had a year of living in London and settling so we won't have to worry about that aspect.

Hammerex

Why not? We splashed £20m on Ayew, we bid close to £30m for Bacca. Whether it's Batshuayi or someone else I would not be surprised at all to see us drop that amount on a striker
  • Not convinced by Batman - what has he done to justify 20-25m spent on him? ;hmm
  • Josh King over bats for me. If it takes £30m then just pay it. Bats probably thinks he deserves CL football and that is not us (and possibly not him either). Bats may well think he is better than a club like ours and this could lead to problems down the line
  • to be fair, he was coming to us before Chelsea stole him. Virtually all players wouldve gone there.

I get that Kings a decent goalscorer but so was Ayew and we have those types of behind a striker player. Batshuyai is a presence up front. A strong target man type of player but more mobile than AC.He and AC would be frightening for the 2 games theyd play before AC got injured ;whistle

I think with a few games under his belt he'd be good for us. I also agree that if he does well we'll command an upgraded Lukaku type fee for him.

I'm going to stamp both feet and say I want him!! If we're sniffing around to loan him and wanted to buy him last season, I reckon the owners would rather a chance to buy rather than getting him up to speed for someone else. We'll get him for a chunk less than last season too

#sorted
  • Am I allowed to throw Theo into the debate (once again) just for good measure - double digit league goals this season.. ;hmm
  • And he's only scored once since February

Personally I think he'll go bournmouth....think the Daves will see him as a risk as he is 34 and he will be wanting £80k a Week

If he goes to Bournemouth he'll get a lot more chances than he's used to! If his price stays at 7.5 (or goes down to 7M) on Fantasy football he'll be a steal ;whistle

He's already in my next seasons FF team (although I have made two transfers to it already) ;wahoo

#you think Im joking dont cha
  • edited May 2017

Am I allowed to throw Theo into the debate (once again) just for good measure - double digit league goals this season.. ;hmm

;tumbleweed ;tumbleweed
  • Bats probably thinks he deserves CL football

Bats may well think he is better than a club like ours and this could lead to problems down the line

Isn't that just wild speculation? Yes, he chose Chelsea over us, but as Baz says, who wouldn't?

It's just as likely that he's sat on the sidelines at Chelsea thinking 'I wish I'd chosen first team football at West Ham'.

I like Josh King, but now that he's proven he can do it in this league, what's to say that he isn't harbouring CL ambitions and would consider us a backward step?
  • OCS

He's come from Marseille so no doubt they'll have fully briefed him on how to throw toys out of prams..
  • Bats was a hot property and sitting on the bench all season has probably set him back reputation and at international level as he's got plenty of competition there. He needs first team football and to be the main striker for a club I reckon. His stock will rise again and we'll benefit (goals and higher tf value). I cant see us being able to attract anyone near the same quality as him (see last summer tf window when we were in europe and could bargain on the back of a great season) and Id be thrilled if we got him (yes you can all blame me if he sucks - he wont though)
  • I'd welcome him in
  • Only thing about josh king is that he has only really done it for one season

Granted he's been class at Bournemouth but last year he got 6 goals which was his personal best for a season.....and he isn't exactly young young

Batshuayi may not have done it so far for Chelsea, although my Chelsea mates think he's been really underused due to conte not liking rotation (and not apparantly he's looked good when he's played in the cups) but he has scored goals in his last 4 season prior to Chelsea

Standard Leige
    12/13: 31apps 9 goals
    13/14: 38 apps 21 goals

OM
    14/15: 26 apps 9 goals
    15/16: 36 apps 17 goals

He has 1 goal on the EPL for Chelsea (in only 117 mins), but he has 4 goals in 6 appearances in the cups

Personally I'd go for Batshuayi over King, although I'd happily take either
  • Is Josh King proven? 3 goals in the first 22 games this season, 12 in the last 14.

To me, that just screams purple patch.

Amr Zaki got 10 in his first 20 for Wigan. Michael Ricketts scored 15 in his first PL season. DJ Campbell got 13 for Blackpool in his first PL season.

I'm not saying King won't be a top striker for years to come, but this is a guy who is 25 and has never scored goals before. His form has been for 3 months. To me, that means £30m or whatever he's being touted for is WAY too much.
  • alderz - agreed, we were reported to have bid £30m (€35) for Bats in the summer

barracks - Walcott has been playing as a right winger all season not as a centre forward and we've got Antonio for that role already.
  • wasnt King playing deeper before Wilson got injured? That shift may have made the difference as opposed to a purple patch, or both things happened?
  • Walcott scored a lot at the start of the season. 10 for Arsenal = about 4 for us ( if he stayed fit which he never does when I pick him @ FF )
  • Troy Deeney is rumoured to be looking for a move might be worth a look ;hmm
  • If we get him Im changing my handle to BatsWHUusa ;wahoo

#alllrrright
  • (am i typing too fast or just being enthusiastic?)
  • Llorente from Swansea if you want an AC type player 13 goals in 31 apps ;hmm
  • baz - King scored 5 in 12 games playing as a centre forward, 10 in 23 playing deeper
  • ;thumbsup
  • ASLEF ;ok

Baz - He plays behind Afobe a lot of the time. It's rare that he leads the line. Which, to me, suggests that he would be in either the 3 of a 4-2-3-1 or the 2 of a 3-4-2-1.
  • Yes Alders, hence my initial comment about where he'd play for us (like Ayew) and why I'd like Bats ( not knocking King at all though Id be chuffed if we somehow managed to steal him away from other clubs)
  • I'd prefer Batshuayi to King, personally, as I don't see King as a striker, and that's what we need the most.
  • I just went into my profile to change my username to "Bazshuayi" and discovered I couldnt alter it ;weep
  • Are you sure? ;wink
  • Bazshuayi said:

I just went into my profile to change my username to "Bazshuayi" and discovered I couldnt alter it ;weep

Well let's hope your new username proves to be more realistic than the following:

Whuchamposleaguein7years

Tomkinsworldclass

Nobleworldclass
This discussion has been closed.