Summer 2017 Transfer Speculation

Comments

• I think AC is Damaged goods, but then Ashley made his millions...

I think he does great job but I think top ten football is not with his sort of striker.
  • Well not according to a cousin of mine who a while back ran into him and he said he would jump at a chance to go back.
  • One or two media folk have commented that Rafa might not get the funds he desires to strengthen over the summer and have raised the possibility of him not even staying beyond this season
  • Sturridge may not be as crocked - or perhaps as fragile - as some would have us believe: http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/796866/Liverpool-training-pictures-Daniel-Sturridge-Watford-sportgalleries

Stills seems worth a punt for me if he's affordable. Surely either he or Sakho would be available for most games... maybe?
  • No shot of him actually taking part. We won't meet his wage demands or probably the asking price.
  • edited April 2017
    Exclusive in the Times this morning that Antonio will hand in a transfer request in the summer after growing resentment between him and the board, and the way his hamstring injury has been handled.

Assuming that's over 1) wages and 2) being asked to play when not 100% fit and then breaking down into a season ending injury when England is on the agenda?

Don't know how true but had a feeling weeks ago he wouldn't be here next season.
  • Has anyone else noticed that this season hasnt particularly gone to plan ;hmm

# ;wink
  • ;hmm now you come to mention it.
  • The Times says he's refused to sign a new contract because it didn't offer him as much money as Snodgrass, honestly if they don't think he's worth more than Snoddy then I don't blame him for being unhappy.
  • Opening gambits.
  • Not sure how true this is but West ham have never been able to keep good players ever since I was a young kid we always sell our best players don't we .

Until we get new investment we will always have to sell on as fighting relegation
    instead of Europe is not much of an attraction to top players .
  • No to Sturridge another crock we need players who want to play and train each week
    not one's who don't want to train only when they feel like it .
  • Well if we believe the media looks like Antonio and Lanzini are off due to wages so we really will be rubbish next season
  • I don't believe any of it until its on the official site , its all agents trying to get more cash and lazy journo's reporting gossip as fact ;wahoo
  • Antonio is effective, but so have lots of other players that aren't good enough for the top teams. He's deluded if he thinks he'll start at bigger clubs.
  • Should be able to get a good fee for him if he did want to leave.
  • So then according to the media we have Adrian, Lanzini, Antonio, Carroll, Feghouli, and Calleri all set to go.
    They will be replaced with Hart, Defoe, Terry, Sturridge, Johnson, Rooney and several European players
    Slavs also on his way out and will be replaced by Inzaghi, Jokanovic and/or several others.

This is one transfer window I don't want to miss. ;wahoo
  • So we are going to have 57 players and three managers then ;lol
  • Apparently. ;biggrin
  • Pearces

Yes, sponsored by Heinz, I believe.
  • Total rhubarb about Antonio and Lanzini wanting to leave. The contracts will be sorted when we are either safe from relegation or in the close season.
  • Simple facts, we started the season with the current strikers

Carroll - 7 goals
    Sakho - 1 goal
    Callleri - 1 goal
    Fletcher- 0 goals
    Zaza - 0 goals

We had 5 strikers coming into this season, only contributing 9 goals in 34 games

9 goals which represents 20% of our total goals this season....that just isn't good enough

Ayew, Lanzini and Antonio have showed we have players to score but they are at there best in advance midfield roles not as a striker and if we can add firepower then next season could be very exciting
  • West Ham United want to sign Brazilian winger Jonathan Cafu, 25, who has a release clause of £10.2m in his contract with Bulgarian side Ludogorets Razgrad. (Daily Express)
  • edited May 2017
    Because with Antonio, Snodgrass, Ayew, Sakho, Feghouli and Valencia all able to play wide what we're crying out for is another winger.....
  • Snodgrass is more a RM/LM as opposed to a winger. Same way Beckham was never looked at as a winger.

Valencia and Sakho are strikers. Feghouli is not good enough.

Leaving us with Antonio and Ayew, the latter being somewhere between a winger and striker.
  • Not sure if its greedy or not but I think we need more than one new striker ;hmm
  • Baz maybe I should rephase, one guy that can actually put the ball in the net..

By all means we can get another 6 that are either really AM's or Allergic to the net...
  • Mr Defoe on a free would be a good start. He and Sakho/Carroll up front ( yes I am fantasizing so I'll add if either are actually fit) would be a nice prospect (hold up striker + a poacher off him). Or if we're really lucky... Chelsea will let us have Batshuyai on loan (option to buy maybe too) and we can pair him and Defoe!
  • Sooner we write Carroll and Sakho off the better, instead of this blind faith that we'll get 30 games out of them.
  • Baz maybe I should rephase, one guy that can actually put the ball in the net..

By all means we can get another 6 that are either really AM's or Allergic to the net...

Yes but the owners agreed deals for both bacca and bats. Neither wanted to come

And offered a sizeable fee for Lacazette whose club did not want to sell to anyone

Therefore the barrel had to be scraped. Perhaps with the benefit of hindsight the could have tried for benteke, but in terms of last summer's striker signing efforts I'm not keen to pin this onto our owners.

What possibly would not have helped is that we were dumped out of Europe before the transfer window closed

This discussion has been closed.