Summer 2017 Transfer Speculation

Comments

• steve

I suspect this particular 'has been' could command significant wages in China, so why would he settle for a much lower wage to play for a club like ours?
  • I cant really see John Terry agreeing to come to us somehow even if we really wanted and went for him. He is a Chelsea legend, must be financially secure 10 times over after so many years captain of one of the richest clubs in Europe and so As Grey says would likely go China or no where. Personally I think his attributes will be kept on by Chelsea for their younger sides to benefit from in a coaching role, slowly moving into management elsewhere when ready.

Like him or not he is a leader and likely the best since Roy Keane (in that mould).
  • I see Carl Jenkinson is being let go by the Gunners in the summer, could be worth a look if he is on a free I suppose.....
  • edited April 2017
    AdMe

In all seriousness, I don't see him as any better than Brian.
  • Depends on the leavers Grey, if there is a gap and we can't do any better ......
  • The report seems to say he'll be allowed to go but I highly doubt it will be for free
  • I thought he signed a long term deal a couple of years ago?
  • He did just before going out on loan to us.
  • edited April 2017
    Wonder if we could get Josh King in the summer? Think he's a cracking player. Very talented, can play anywhere behind the striker, as a striker or in a two up top.

Has had a cracking season this year. Only 25 still.
  • I like him, but he's really only done it since Christmas. I'd worry it's just a purple patch
  • edited April 2017
    Adrian
    Fonte - Reid (c) - Ogbonna
    Byram - Kouyate - Obiang - Masuaku
    Antonio - Lanzini
    Sakho

Randolph, Collins, Cresswell, Noble, Snodgrass, Ayew, Carroll

Is that good enough next season if we got that XI out every week?

Which areas do we need better options?
  • Not enough goals in that starting X1 imo.
  • So maybe drop Antonio to RWB, Byram comes out the XI and we add one of Ayew/Carroll to the XI?
  • edited April 2017
    What I hope Bilic does now is give Fernandes and Nordtveit some decent time between now and the end of the season.

I believe those two, Kouyate and Obiang could be the CM options next season which would mean we can concentrate on the positions we really need to improve on where transfers are concerned.
  • Definitely need a keeper and not enough creativity and possibly not enough raw pace going forward.

Defensively solid on paper but I would say injury prone (except Fonte)

In terms of forwards it goes without saying extremely injury prone so not viable at all.

I see you have canned nordveit straight after his best game, Luke - harsh! ;hmm
  • Don't want to jinx him ;wink
  • More commanding and less error prone keeper

RWB is a problem.......need a player slightly better defensively than Byram who can be suspect without compromising on pace/attacking flair

Reliable and pacey striker

More creativity in midfield.....like attacking Sigurdsson

Probably a new CB as well if we are to persist with 3 at the big....night ask for Collins and Fonte for keep performing
  • GK
    RB/RWB
    ST

Are the priorities for me. We'll have four senior CBs next season, plus Burke and Oxford. That should see that position covered.

Agree about Sig; would love to see him come in, but it's the three positions above that I think we need to sort out.
  • One good game against Everton doesn't cover over a season of poor play and results.

Need a new:-

ST
    RB
    GK
    DM/CM
    WG
  • Hang on, Nordveit has only played in his proper position in less than a handful of times. I reckon give him to the end of the season to prove himself.
  • Antonio is our top scorer playing as a winger or as a second striker, he's not happy playing as wing back so why play him there?
  • Antonios at his best on the right wing running at or beyond the gaps between LB and LCB

Perfect right forward for a front three just needs support
  • Just watching the Newcastle game and the backup Preston GK is Anders Lindegaard ex Manu.

That's a career that didn't go the way he expected....
  • Vors - for some reason he chose to move from Man U to WBA in 2015 with Ben Foster and Boaz Myhill already there. He played one game for the Baggies, a 3-0 loss in the League Cup against Norwich before going on loan to Preston in January. He left WBA on a mutual and signed a one year deal with PNE in July.

In August he announced he was getting divorced from the missus, he conceded 7 in the first 8 games and was benched after a 5-0 loss to Brentford. He was recalled for a League Cup game against Newcastle which they lost 6-0. His agent says he has no future at Preston but he won't want to move too far from his 3-year old son

Not good
  • Aslef do much of football is between yhe ears...
  • ;doh please say this is made up.
  • He's not wrong though...
  • We need to sign a couple of players -- a right-back, one more centre-half, two strikers -- and get more goals. If we can do that, we will be up there for European places.
    Which is pretty much what a lot of people on here are saying. Here's the original post with the video interview halfway down the page

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/english-premier-league/23/blog/post/3111486/michail-antonio-west-ham-can-push-for-europe-with-summer-signings
  • Yea he's pretty much spot

44 goals scored isn't enough
    And at the other end 59 is far too much

Carroll can't be relied on and the next highest scoring striker is Ayew is 5 then Sakho/Calleri/Fletcher with 1

Getting a reliable striker should put less pressure on nthe midfield to join the attack so should help protect the defence
This discussion has been closed.