January 2017 Transfer Speculation

Comments

• Same every year. Not surprised. Lets wait till summer where we can get better players which never come to us... the 2 positions we needed to bring in someone for and we didn't even manage it. Watch it backfire when Byram and Carroll break down get suspended.
  • For me there’s nothing to play for this season now.

Save the reddies and invest in the summer when it’s better to do business.

Hopefully some youth can get some game time towards the end of the season
    #yoofnothoof
  • There is a distant sound on the wind and he goes by the name of Ayew.

At some point I assume we will have our 20m striker back and playing.
  • edited January 2017
    So, to summarise:

Best (technical) player sold
    CB and winger signed
    Priority positions missed
  • ;nonono we've sold Lanzini
  • It's one thing saying leave it in the hands of Bilic until the summer but his choice of players in 2016 were hardly the stuff that dreams are made of and most of them are no longer here.
  • edited January 2017
    I'm not that gutted if we don't sign any further players today...
    It seems that in the clubs/ managers opinion that the right players are not available right now , so do we sign a player just for the sake of it, no, I'd sooner make do...
    While we all pray that AC remains fit & healthy I don't see why we cannot cope with Fletcher & Calleri , along with Sakho coming back...
    There is also Antonio who can easily play there...
    IMO , we will get a decent striker in the summer..
    Re our RB, u can also argue what about our LB if Aaron gets an injury, as Arthur is currently out...
    While I concede that the priority has been another forward & RB, I personally think we have enough for the remainder of the season...
    The 2 signings we have already made IMO are quality additions..

Still think we might get 1 player in, regardless of the quote from little Jack ;ok
  • I don't know why he said 'the manager wants to wait'.

Well we do know why, so that his dad doesn't get flack when we sign nobody today.
  • edited January 2017

Or Slav might just feel that our top scorer could always fill in as a striker if needed...

You mean like the four times we've played with Antonio as a lone striker so far this season and he scored once?

As compared to Ayew who played as a lone striker six times for Swansea last season and scored five goals but according to some people on here he's not a centre forward
  • Don't agree there's nothing to play for. There's a strong end to the season to play for to try and get 7th.

If we finish with a whimper we will struggle to get a decent striker wanting to sign for us (again) and it will feel like we are going round in circles.

The only question that remains is whether Carroll gets injured in the warm up to the Man City game or in the game itself
  • Mate I'm packed up and ready for my summer hols

and who can blame me

lolololol
  • Or Slav might just feel that our top scorer could always fill in as a striker if needed...

You mean like the four times we've played with Antonio as a lone striker so far this season and he scored once?

As compared to Ayew who played as a lone striker six times for Swansea last season and scored five goals but according to some people on here he's not a centre forward
    ;ok I forgot about Ayew ;doh
    So there's another option if Andy can't play ;ok
  • So which is it?

Thorn is saying Bilic made the poor summer signings and Lukerz is saying that it's DS who makes the call. ;hmm

Take your pick to fit your own narrative.
  • I know this is a crazy idea, but could it actually be that Slav is happy with the squad? Maybe that's why the club are saying that he is?

As an aside, I have my reservations that Jack is right. Lower expectations and then trying to bring in Hogan is better than tweeting out that we are expecting a signing that never arrives
  • R Oxford possibly heading to Reading
  • I don't know why he said 'the manager wants to wait'.

Well we do know why, so that his dad doesn't get flack when we sign nobody today.

Luke. Lukerz, Lukerz, Lukerz. *shakes head* You really think people won't give Sullivan flack because Jack tweeted that? ;whome

Also, it is completely consistent with what Slav has been saying in his interviews for the past 6 week and longer. I don't know why you find it so hard to believe. ;hmm

• Is fletcher still off to Leeds?
  • Oxford loan to Reading according to DS.
  • And also according to DS per the BBC he tried to get Demba Ba but was told he was three weeks alway from recovering from his injury ;nonono
  • IronHerb said:

I dont understand why we write players off after less than 3 hours game time. ;hmm

And why people are convinced that a Championship striker (with a history of injury) would be great business at £15m.

Hogan may play in the PL, and he may turn out to be a superstar. Or not.

I also don't get why people are so determined to disbelieve everything that the owners say, whilst believing pretty much everything else that gets reported.

Is it so hard to imagine that Slav simply doesn't fancy Hogan that much, and would rather put that money towards a player he rates more highly?

I can't see any obvious reason why that can't be the simple truth, as reported.
  • And also according to DS per the BBC he tried to get Demba Ba but was told he was three weeks alway from recovering from his injury ;nonono

Demba's injury was a Dave Busst/Eduardo type broken leg, initially the doctors thought it was the end of his career but the lad's a tough one

Its on YouTube, I won't post a link as its not for the squeamish
  • Oxford to Reading seems like a good move to me. Six months working under one of the best CBs of the last 25 years, getting first team football in a competitive league. I'd be happy with that, and then see him come back next season and force his way into our side.

• HAMMERS SEARCH FOR RIGHT-BACK

But it's not Kevin Malcuit...

West Ham looking for a right back but despite reports in France told they're not interested in St Etienne's Kevin Malcuit
  • That is my favourite story so far.
  • Huge mistake not signing a striker imo. I still think it’s only a matter of time before Caroll breaks down again. Even in the last two games he picked up niggles. I hope I’m wrong but I just can’t see him staying fit.
  • They have said they will only sign someone if a quality player becomes available I have no problem with that no point in signing players for the sake of it as they will be overpriced and short term solutions
  • PLF ;ok

We complain enough about signing stop gaps, so we should be pleased that the club are not prepared to go down that route.
  • Slaven Bilic has been speaking at a press conference this morning and has opened up on West Ham's possible Deadline Day deals.

Bilic on Scott Hogan:

"We have really good strikers in our squad and that's why we won't have a Hogan deal. It's not a question of him."

Bilic on RB:

"We were maybe after a RB but we couldn't find someone who could improve our starting XI. That's why we haven't got one."
  • It's a really difficult one. When they say they will sign when a quality player becomes available, you have to say they have been true to this in this window so far - both fonte and snodgrass would be first team starters on their respective form.

But the question remains will a quality striker become available even in the summer?
This discussion has been closed.