January 2017 Transfer Speculation

Comments

• MrsGrey said:

It's almost like some people decide about players based on reasons other that their footballing ability, Twist ;wink

Ok then, can you explain what is wrong with his attitude, or whatever reason you don't want him anywhere near this club? ;puzzled
  • ;puzzled

Why are you asking me? I've not expressed a view on it.
  • Ah it was Grey, apologies ;ok
  • No worries ;ok
  • Palace in for Hogan according to Sky.
  • ;nonono He's not a defender
  • That doesn't matter to bfs

#mattytaylorrightbackappreciationsociety
  • Palace in for Hogan according to Sky.

That's what happens when you take so long....
  • That would be a great move for Hogan , end up back in the champo next season
    ;lol
  • Hopefully it will force our hand to make a decision either way.
  • He's playing games is Big Sam , someone needs to tell him Hogan plays up front ;biggrin
  • Hopefully it will force our hand to make a decision either way.

not like we have long left anyway window closes tomorrow ?
  • Perhaps we have made our decision and it's no.
  • According to Ex we have gone back to the big clubs to enquire about what loans may be going. So maybe we're waiting to see if Bats may be available, or even Defoe if Sunderland are daft enough to sell him, before we make a decision on Hogan.
  • Can't see palace coughing up Brentford's required £15m at the first time of asking when they already have benteke. An agent has probably tried to put this story into the public domain to force us to make our decision
  • We haven't got above £9m + add ons as far as I have read.
  • I can Palace blew 14m on Van Arnholt and 12m on Schlupp
  • Ighalo £20m offer from China accepted according to SSN.
  • So Watford will be in the market for a striker and will have £20m to spend ;hmm

#Hoganisahornet
  • They've already signed Niang ;ok
  • And Zarate ;wahoo
  • ;bee ;bee ;bee
  • Yeah let's get Bats on loan and resurrect his career, the career that nose dived because he picked Chelsea over us in the summer.

;angry
  • I cant see fabregas joining in this window, he will want to finish the season at CFC and at least one trophy, maybe even 2. In the summer its more realistic and would be a phenomenal signing IMO; he's an outstanding midfielder with substantial pedigree and influence; of course, like others, i dont like his gamesmanship and behaviour at times which contravenes the spirit with which I like WHU to play with, however, it is something he could very easily work on and it's an approach reinforced with the win at all cost mentality at Barca and Chelsea. But is is feasible, he's played and won a lot at the elite and with a young family and likes living in London, it would make sense for him to remain in london, be a key member of a squad, still on very good wages and being part of a side which could challenge the top 6 and buid something over the next 2-3 years.

Palace are desperate, the last 2 days of the window are going to see all sorts going on at palace IMO. I'm not overly sold on Hogan, although clearly he is a decent prospect and could do well; his injury record is a major issue for us, and from the goals ive seen him score this season, a large number of them I dont think he would've scored in the PL. I would save the money for the summer than signing just for the sake of it.
  • I don't want Fabregas now or in the summer.

He is a nasty cheating diving underhand little boy.

• *little boy was used due to the no cussing rule.
  • Would be the best player at our club by a country mile
  • Let's not go down the "best player at the club" route again - it will never end well
  • Snodgrass dives.
This discussion has been closed.