January 2017 Transfer Speculation

Comments

• Can't see palace coughing up Brentford's required £15m at the first time of asking when they already have benteke. An agent has probably tried to put this story into the public domain to force us to make our decision

They've got Loic Remy too (loan).
  • Let's not go down the "best player at the club" route again - it will never end well

Bit worried about the club Facebook page's obsession with Lanzini at the moment.
  • Let's not go down the "best player at the club" route again - it will never end well

Im still confused what Fabregas has done wrong at past clubs or against us for people to be so against him signing ;puzzled

Not so long ago we had Faye, Diop and Alou Diarra yet 'nah thanks' to Cesc Fabregas?
  • Not sure Hogan would be keen to sign anyway if he's read SSN's comments that there's disagreement within the club as to whether we should sign him or not. He may think it's Bilic who doesn't want him.
  • Would be the best player at our club by a country mile

you having a laugh he has being bang average since going to Chelsea
  • edited January 2017
    Twist

No one is doubting Fabregas' ability (although I think he is a long way past his best.)

It is his attitude when he plays that I loathe - his sly digs and kicks at the opposition, his gamesmanship, which is to say, cheating, simulating injury etc.

I don't like his 'values' and I don't want him at the club regardless of how many country miles he might be better than other players.
  • Fair enough grey ;ok I've never really noticed that myself
  • I actually also doubt his true ability Twist

At all his clubs look at the quality of player he has had all around him.

You'd probably think even I was a decent shout if managed a run of games alongside Messi, Iniesta, etc

How would he fare linking up with, say Calleri?
  • He'd get the ball to his feet and then we might see in him what others have.
  • Twist

Since he's been at Chelsea whenever there is any kind of ;handbags on the pitch he is at the centre of it. He's almost never the one getting booked or sent off, but he's always in the middle prodding at people and starting stuff.

It's a shame because, when he was at Arsenal, I thought he was fantastic and seemed to play with a good attitude too.
  • Fabregas has 1 goal and 6 assists in 13 games, of which he's started only 5. He's still top quality and, imo, out of our league. if he does leave Chelsea, he'll go to a champions league team.
  • Fabregas has the killer pass that we maybe lack, but he's only really effective at this point of his career in an advanced midfield 3 and while Lanzini stats don't compare to Cecs think his overall game and his potential to improve he's my preferred option

Another thing is that the team would have a worrying lack of pace with Cesc in the team, but if the right deal can come in I wouldn't say no
  • Chelsea being linked with Celtic's Dembele.

I wonder if this leave Bats looking for a move ;hmm
  • edited January 2017

Let's not go down the "best player at the club" route again - it will never end well

Bit worried about the club Facebook page's obsession with Lanzini at the moment.
    Yes, there's a lot of pressure on our young no. 10 now. And I think of the attacking players since Payet upped tools, Lanzini has stepped up less well than the others. (One sublime chip aside, which he should have repeated the next game.)

Nice video of him on youtube with F2 freestylers, showing his freekick technique. Looking forward to him taking one soon. (With Snodders and Cressers fighting it out on right-sided ones.) But if he knocks one of them in soon in a match, he really will be expected to carry on like last season's Payet...

I was thinking about who we could get on the cheap to replace Payet some weeks ago in terms of assists and chances created. I'd think of names like Willian, Ozil, Fabregas, and Sigurdsson and only the last two would possibly be within reach. Snodders dived under my radar, I must admit.
  • Have to disagree with you Nick. He's played pretty well all season and bossed the game at Boro and played well against Palace.
    He's not a Payet so unfair to burden him as his replacement.
  • Snodders dived

;nonono ;whome
  • IronHerb said:

Have to disagree with you Nick. He's played pretty well all season and bossed the game at Boro and played well against Palace.
    He's not a Payet so unfair to burden him as his replacement.

I was just referring to the post-Payet era - while Carroll and Antonio seem to have stepped up their games, I think Lanzini has shown signs of trying to do too much. Interesting to read you think he bossed the game against Boro - I thought he got on the ball a lot but mainly ran into brick walls and blind alleys. Hope my impression was inaccurate, since I love the way he plays.
  • edited January 2017
    http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/760743/Liverpool-transfer-news-Daniel-Sturridge-West-Ham

Never a dull moment supporting the Irons. Substance (if you can call it that) of this story is Betfair giving 3-1 on Sturridge to West Ham. Anyone heard anything recently about this one?
  • I thought he got on the ball a lot but mainly ran into brick walls and blind alleys.

That does happen quite a lot. imo.
  • IronHerb said:

Snodgrass dives.

Yes, he does. I hope though that Nobes has had a 'chat' with him.
  • edited January 2017
    http://streamable.com/694u

I'd imagine it would go something like this ;biggrin

Btw - I can't embed the video ;puzzled How do I embed?
  • I think that from the evidence of Adam's video, it's safe to say that Noble and Fabregas would probably not get on ;biggrin
  • I was just going to make my tea but having read the previous comments - Never a dull moment. Brick walls. Blind alleys - I feel I should go and listen to my old Rod Stewart and the Faces albums instead..

• Adam

For You Tube you can just paste the link.

Sites like streamable aren't embeddable.

• Ah, ok. Cheers
  • Villa have bid accepted for Hogan, according to Twitter.
  • ;hmm

Seems to go against a lot of Twitter opinion, which seems to suggest we're no longer interested.

But then who knows. I guess the laws of averages dictate The Sun will get something right eventually
This discussion has been closed.