Dinamo Zagreb

The Davor Suker Derby

Comments

• Thankfully the "derby" list is going to be a short one
  • edited September 2021
    Can it be the Prestonhammer derby seeing as though I have been to both stadiums, albeit I was only outside the stadium in Zagreb?

THANKFULLY!??!?
  • Not sure we should play Antonio.Think we should play Whoever Moyes will play up top against Man u .Perhaps Bowen Trouble is he like a few others looked done in by the end of the saints game
  • I think we must play Antonio as he is our only striker and can't play at Man Utd now, bring Zouma in to get up to speed for Man Utd. I think Lingard would have been really useful as he allows Bowen or Benrhama have less demands put on them, I guess Vlasic will offer a similar thing but can he finish like Lingard?. Should injuries occur I wonder if Kral or Soucek could play in Fornells position if needed and the other with Rice.
  • alderz said:

Thankfully the "derby" list is going to be a short one

THANKFULLY!??!?
    Its a bit boring

Just me?
  • Not just you Aslef ! I felt sure people wouldn't start going around again for a whole new season.
  • I think Moyes is going to rotate for this, personally. I can’t see him going the same 11.

Areola
    Zouma - Ogbonna - Cresswell
    Fredericks - Rice - Kral - Masuaku
    Vlasic - Antonio - Fornals
  • So for our biggest game in a number of years we're going to play an XI who have never remotely played together before? I don't think so. Coufal and Soucek for Fredericks and Masuaku
  • edited September 2021
    I think Moyes will shake it up. Soucek & Coufal have played 5 games in the last 2 weeks.
  • edited September 2021
    Dinamo's head coach is Damir Krznar, he was assistant to Zoran Mamic until March when Mamic was sentenced to four years inside for fraud
  • edited September 2021
    Fredericks in for Coufal, Kral or Noble for Soucek?

I think we'll definitely see Vlasic, he's Hadjuk Split and their biggest rivals are Dinamo

They call it "Vjecni derbi", the Eternal Derby
  • edited September 2021
    Think I'd like to see both French CB's start, most have thought Dawson has been found out a few times recently and I personally don't think Ogbonna has been that impressive, looks like he could do with a rest.

I agree think we need to change it up a bit, not like throwing a bunch of kids in, and the new players might not have played together for us but they're pretty experienced around the world and at this level so should know what to do...Not a mass change tho.

Personally would keep Rice/Soucek and Coufal, the Czech's are made of strong stuff and Rice, well he's our captain and young enough to play often....IMO...

Areola,Diop,Zouma,Vlasic and Arthur should all start IMO in place of Fab, Dawson, Ogbonna, Benrahama and possibly Fornals or Bowen....

Just my opinion of course.
  • How on earth can Ogbonna need a rest. He’s only played four games and had a two week break before yesterday’s games.
  • Can’t wait for this one
  • How on earth can Ogbonna need a rest. He’s only played four games and had a two week break before yesterday’s games.

He's 34, and I assume we want him fit and fresh for Man Utd on Sunday. He may not need it now, but it's about managing his game time over the course of the season.

He just looked like he did yesterday, their sub made him look very slow… I did say that! …
    “ looks like he could do with a rest “… NOT needs one!!
    Hope that helps you understand my wording.
    👍🏻
  • According to PLFF Ogbonna was player of the match which is based on a lot of criteria. He stopped Broja getting close to goal so making him shoot from 20 yards. It was never a straight foot race although Broja may well have been quicker. I thought he did ok.
  • IH , interesting, personally thought Bowen was MOM , but like you said guess these sites take in many factors.
    I’m in a minority here but I think Ogbonna has been below par compared to last season…
    But happy to see him fit and playing 👍🏻

FWIW, I've looked up Genk and Rapid Wien, and as far as I can tell, Arnautovic played for Rapid's youth team (briefly) and Ruud Boffin played for Genk's. So we'll have small lists for all of the European games this year.
  • Ruud Boffin just conjured up an image of Professor Neil Ferguson's 'error of judgement'
  • What a name Ruud Boffin is. Would have made a great supervillain.
  • What a name Ruud Boffin is. Would have made a great supervillain.

• That's rather poor cut-and-paste job from an article on the Sun website yesterday afternoon which itself is pure speculation without any comment attributed to Moyes or anyone else

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/16138858/mark-noble-west-ham-recall-dinamo-zagreb/

Slow news day, make something up
  • I might have to mod you for posting links to the Sun.
  • They were probably unaware that we have signed Kral, who is more likely to get a game.
  • I wouldn't be surprised to see Noble start, but if I was putting down money I think Moyes won't change the team greatly.

I'd guess at something like:

Areola; Coufal Zouma Ogbona Cresswell; Rice Soucek; Bowen Vlasic Fornals; Antonio
  • Wouldn’t be surprised if Kral came in for Soucek here but otherwise think yeah we’ll see something like Alderz’z team.
  • I wouldn't be surprised if Kral came in for Bowen or Fornals. Three across the middle to tighten things up a bit.