Dinamo Zagreb

Comments

• alderz said:

Masuaku, Yarmolenko and Noble coming on, for Fornals, Antonio and Rice.

Shame that there's no debut for Kral.

Sure we'll see him soon, think this game means a lot more to Noble then it would would Kral
  • We are massive and now all of Europe knows it.
  • alderz said:

Masuaku, Yarmolenko and Noble coming on, for Fornals, Antonio and Rice.

Shame that there's no debut for Kral.

Sure we'll see him soon, think this game means a lot more to Noble then it would would Kral
    I’m definitely not against Noble playing! I’d just like to see the new lads too.
  • Good nights work ,Think i deserve a beer now
  • A brilliant and confident alround performance
  • yoyo said:

A brilliant and confident alround performance

Totally agree, an allround excellent performance..
    No poor performances, but special praise for Fredericks for me....
    Great start to our Europa adventure...
  • Good golly gumdrops! I wasn't expecting that.

I shall have to revise my pre-tournament prediction. Instead of finishing bottom of the group with nul points I can now see us finishing bottom of the group with three.
  • The defence seemed to be more secure with Zouma in there (Diop looked more comfortable). Soucek seems to be very quiet this season. Hopefully he’ll find his scoring boots this weekend!⚒
  • How good was that..... controlled the game, took it to them from the first whistle and came away with a superb result that will not only serve regard the points but the confidence that we are certainly not out of our depth here.

Everyone looked ok although the defence never really tested, Lanzini the only questionable one for that reckless challenge. He should have got a yellow and that could have changed the game.

Rice was superb and clearly getting forward more than Soucek this season, which looks like a planned thing. Antonio a constant problem for them until he got tired.

Proud of my team tonight.
  • Soucek seems to be playing the deeper role with Ride getting forward more this year. If Rice is scoring I don’t mind it
  • Wow

That was supposed to be our hardest games in the group and was more like playing Reading in the League Cup

We are well above this level
  • The only thing if I’m being picky is I still want to see Benrahma, Lanzini and Vlasic being braver against defences that sit deep. Dinamo basically made two bad mistakes that we pounced on but in the league we’re going to have to take some more risks. There was some nice football once we were 2-0 up though. Very controlled performance and love that you could barely notice that so many key players were out of the side.
  • happy happy joy joy, the French connection kept a clean sheet as well
  • adecoker said:

Good golly gumdrops! I wasn't expecting that.

I shall have to revise my pre-tournament prediction. Instead of finishing bottom of the group with nul points I can now see us finishing bottom of the group with three.

I can honestly say that comment has made my evening even better than it was. I’ve not heard the expression golly gumdrops since I was about 9 years old. About 51 years ago, but it’s good to know it’s still used at the appropriate time. 😀👏🏻
  • That was enjoyable ⚒
  • How did Spurs do in the Johnson paints trophy or whatever they are in this year 😂
  • Still think it was very odd not to play Areola in this 🤔🤔🤔
  • Maybe Moyes is waiting to give him his debut in a game where he might have something to do.
  • the spuds forum is a joy, one quote, when did we become west ham and they become us
  • How did Spurs do in the Johnson paints trophy or whatever they are in this year 😂

'brushed' aside? 'Matt' Doherty played and the 'gloss' was taken off their 2 goals after 2 'spills' caused injuries...
  • Kane had a few runs - couldn't achieve a decent finish. =)
  • Having only seen the second half I can’t comment much, but man we looked good.
  • edited September 2021
    alderz said:

In USA they are showing 8 games simultaneously! Skipping from one to another. Rather annoying, and the commentary is extra-moronic :(

"The London Hammers taking on the Zagreb Dynamo's in the Europe Soccer Challenge"
    I was almost about to ask if that was for real. =)

• Thought Zouma looked really good Vlasic showed glimpses of quality I thought Kral might get some minutes at the end instead of Noble coming on
  • Two nil up, Nobes last season, let him have a run about, maybe clock up enough appearances to nab himself a winners medal =)
  • Thanks to Ant & Dec we were the only British team to win in Europe last night.
  • I am a bit surprised there is not more gushing on here about how good we were last night. Away against a supposedly very good side with lots of European experience and we were by far the better side that controlled the game the full 93 minutes. We were immense. A few of us though the team selection was a bit odd but again Moyes got it right. Good to see Masuaku back, gives more depth to the squad.
  • Whitehorse, I think it looked so easy that it’s actually hard to say anything! They just did the job efficiently. Not sure we’re used to it
  • Especially the 1st half, like “a stroll in the park”
    🚶
  • So many positives from that performance. Our subs don't look out of place in the 1st XI, players got match experience while others had a rest. Thumbs up for Fredericks and Diop. Hope Moyes uses his full quota of subs when we're 2-0 up against Ronaldo's Team 😁