Dinamo Zagreb

Comments

• Noble will most likely be included in the Caraboo cup match against Man Utd, to give some experience to the side alongside some youngsters.
  • Regard strategy It would be an interesting call to prioritise the Europa cup this year. It's possible to take the view that we are not getting relegated and we are not making Champions league as the top four look very strong this year. This would mean the best we could get was Europa qualification, which we already have this year.

We could keep players fresh and play our very strongest team in the Europa as in all truth we have more chance of winning that than Champions league qualification. So going forward we could rest Antonio and other key players in the league. I think it makes sense and we could with a bit of luck go a long way.
  • i think we could make champions leaque by winning Europa cup
  • More chance of that than coming fourth
  • I’m expecting Moyes to change most of the team and prioritise the league. I don’t agree with that, but that’s what I’ve been expecting since we first qualified.

Interested to see how he balances between Europe and league.
  • The Europa League is a tournament of teams at the level we thrive against. Don’t sit deep because they believe they can get at us, which plays into our hands, and they’re not so good that we should be as cautious as we are against the top few in the league. Like Leicester and Wolves. Obviously, it’s different to the PL and we’ve seen how Spanish teams do so well in it but we do have a real chance.
  • I am not sure Zagrab is a team that could play into our hands, especially at their place. I would be delighted with a draw in this one.
    I would also like to see Benhrama in this one perhaps instead of Bowen, and save Bowen for Man Utd on Sunday.
  • I think it will be fascinating to see how we get on, we have the best squad since we were the best team to ever get relegated, and a great team spirit and work rate which we didn't have back then. I hope we really give it a go and prove up to the task, but I am aware we could get put in our place very quickly. I would not be surprised if we went on a run and made it to the semi's or better and I also would not be surprised if we came third or fourth in our group.
  • Definitely Exeter but I do think we have a chance. There aren't too many to fear in this competition and also many teams are good enough to not fear us. I thin that's a good situation for us. But also a lot of these teams have a lot more experience in Europe than us.
  • Don't forget 8 CL teams join in after the group stages.
  • IronHerb, When we win the group that won't be a factor until the last "sixteen".
  • I read that there is an air of excitement and anticipation surrounding the game.

Not around these here parts there isn't.

I suspect that with the coming group matches a European humiliation to dwarf that dished out by Astra Giurgiu is heading straight our way.
  • adecoker said:

I suspect that with the coming group matches a European humiliation to dwarf that dished out by Astra Giurgiu is heading straight our way.

Why? Our group is on the favourable side. If we play our strongest team we can do well.

• adecoker said:

Why? Our group is on the favourable side. If we play our strongest team we can do well.

Astra would have been on the favourable side too?

I think we'll do fine in the group, but I also understand why some people might be nervous about it.
  • Match day, COYI
  • Buzzing....although why is this at 5:45...

Gonna only be able to see the 2nd half
  • Buzzing....although why is this at 5:45...

Yeah these early kick offs are weird for Europa. I don't really understand it
  • I think it's so when there are two teams from one nation the games are split over the two kick off times for TV interests.
  • alderz said:

Buzzing....although why is this at 5:45...

Yeah these early kick offs are weird for Europa. I don't really understand it
    Not just europa though, United vs Young boys was also at that time
  • That was the first time I remember it happening for the Champion's League though. There have always been early Europa games.
  • Some so called fans spoiling it already out there. that is the one thing i dislike about our fan base
  • Leicester v Napoli 8pm but Rennes v Spurs in the Europa Conference 5:45pm

Us and Spurs both playing at home 8pm 30 September,
  • Different competitions.
  • Barney said:

Some so called fans spoiling it already out there. that is the one thing i dislike about our fan base

So West Ham fans are the only ones who cause trouble then?
  • No, but I think there's probably several things Barney dislikes about other clubs' fan bases. (If I was to guess!)
  • IronHerb said:

I think it's so when there are two teams from one nation the games are split over the two kick off times for TV interests.

If you look at the Champions League fixtures over recent years there always seem to be a couple of games on each matchday that kick off early. Both LCFC & us have 8pm kick off for our home matches but 17.45 when away. Leicester are also kicking off @ 15.30 in Moscow, probably due to the weather conditions? All the English teams seem to be kicking off their home games at 8pm. So there is a clash on tv deciding on which game to watch.
  • IronHerb said:

Barney said:

Some so called fans spoiling it already out there. that is the one thing i dislike about our fan base

That's just whataboutery.
  • IronHerb said:

Barney said:

I never understand this sort of argument. Are you suggesting that if someone else does something bad it makes it ok for us to do it? Because that sort of feels like a slippery slope, to me.
  • interesting team selection
  • 1Fabianski
    24Fredericks
    4Zouma
    23Diop
    3Cresswell
    41Rice
    28Soucek
    11Vlasic
    10Lanzini
    8Fornals
    9Antonio