Dinamo Zagreb

12346»

Comments

• Two nil up, Nobes last season, let him have a run about, maybe clock up enough appearances to nab himself a winners medal =)

They could make a film of it. Rice lifts the trophy in Seville, comes down hands it to Nobes together with his own winners medal............ then sadly walks off into the distance and across Stamford Bridge.
  • c&bsky, Can't see any reason for him doing that as Declan would have won something with us & would be playing in the Champions League the following season. =)
  • Am i right in saying we got 600,000 pounds or euros for that win ,
  • steve said:

Am i right in saying we got 600,000 pounds or euros for that win ,

Yes you are and a few million more for just getting to the group stage.
  • We were great last night.

And a bonus £600,000 will help cover a month of Yarmos wages
  • edited September 2021
    Just on Yarmo. I’d like to see him given 30 minutes a bit more. Whenever he gets 5 minutes he seems to always get one chance. 30 minutes as sub could see him get 3 or 4 and I think he’d be a good bet to score with that many. He may be a little slower but defenders are still terrified of his left foot yet no one seems to be able to stop him getting shots off with it.
  • This seasons Europa Prize Money: -

Qualified to group stage: €3,630,000 ✅
    Match won in group stage: €630,000 x1✅
    Match drawn in group stage: €210,000
    1st in group stage: €1,100,000
    2nd in group stage: €550,000
    Knockout round play-offs: €500,000
    Round of 16: €1,200,000
    Quarter-final: €1,800,000
    Semi-final: €2,800,000
    Runner-up: €4,600,000
    Champion: €8,600,000

Coefficient Ranking payment: €1,056,000 ✅

Running total earned to date: €5,316,000 😎

There is also an additional Market Pool worth €139,500,00 and I'm struggling to work out how that is distributed, but we will be due some cash from that pool on top of the other monies.
  • I wish I'd read IronHerb's statement in full, rather than "There is also an additional Market Pool worth €139,500,00 and I'm struggling to work out how that is distributed, but we will be due some cash from that pool on top of the other monies." I've interpreted that as a royal "we" and spent my share already.
  • I really dislike this idea where clubs drop out of one competition into another. If you are in the Champions League that's it, you shouldn't get a second shot at the Europa if you get knocked out.

Also while I am on that where will Spurs go when they get knocked out this conference cup? Is there some Cup run for part time teams, full of plumbers from the Faroe Islands?
  • I really dislike this idea where clubs drop out of one competition into another. If you are in the Champions League that's it, you shouldn't get a second shot at the Europa if you get knocked out.

Also while I am on that where will Spurs go when they get knocked out this conference cup? Is there some Cup run for part time teams, full of plumbers from the Faroe Islands?

The Toilet Bowl.
  • I fear even The Toilet Bowl might prove a bit sticky for them and they plop down to the Bog Paper League.
  • I fear even The Toilet Bowl might prove a bit sticky for them and they plop down to the Bog Paper League.

Tacky =)

It's UEFA's way of ensuring that the teams that draw the big audiences and advertising revenue are on TV for as long as possible

Football is a business and UEFA wants to maximise its profits
  • ASLEF, I agree but am unsure if some of the teams likely to drop into the Europa League this particular season would draw bigger tv audiences than a few of the sides already in that competition. Would Leicester be a bigger draw than one of the Portuguese teams?
  • Liverpool/Milan/Atletico
    PSG/City/RB Leipzig
    Inter/Real/Shakter
    Barca/Bayern/Dynamo Kiev
    Chelsea/Juve/Zenit

I'm not sure the Portuguese teams will come into it but likely five of the above teams will.
  • Imo it's also a way of keeping the big teams happy. I really dislike it, it's just giving the Champions League teams a second bite at the cherry after the Europa League teams have already had to fight their way out of their group.
  • But UEFA themselves were up in arms at the suggestion of a Super League that was based on the same principles.
  • They were only up in arms about the super league because they would have had no control or say over it, in other words no money.
  • No, UEFA were up in arms because the Super League wasn't their idea, it would have been outside their control and UEFA competitions would have been less profitable without the top teams.
  • This is a good watch as usual.

I thought the Zagreb fans were fantastic in their support of their team, loud throughout and when the conceded they just got louder.

Did anyone spot what the Zagreb player was upset about when Rice scored? seemed to really try and cause a confrontation but fortunately our players prevented him.
  • I don't think the Zagreb player was happy with Rice celebrating in front of the home crowd.
    Or as 'Clips' said "the goal was so good even the Zagreb players joined in the celebration." 😂
  • Thanks for sharing
  • I also thought that Rice caught him with his boot after the shot (on his thigh) so wondered if the player felt it was an unnecessary follow through.