Palace - H

The Hayden Mullins Derby

Comments

• Everything, literally everything, screams home win.

9-0.
  • We don't even get a bit of a write up anymore.
  • We don't even get a bit of a write up anymore.

Listen, do you want write ups or do you want points?
  • Ok ok, I'll accept it, so long as we get the points.
  • Hate these mugs. Loss.
  • Same team, we've got no-one else.

To quote myself, same team, we've got no-one else.

• I am going to this one, first time at the new stadium. I’ve not really wanted to go because of how much the Boleyn is tied up in what football is to me. (And I think it’s a rip off). But my brother bought me tickets for my birthday and I’m getting very excited now.
  • The Tonks derby.
  • The Steven Henderson derby
  • The KouyaTAY! Derby.
  • The Ian Wright derby!
  • For the old ones amongst us! The David Swindlehurst Derby.
  • The Ray Houghton derby
  • The Alan Stephenson derby
    The Johnny Byrne derby
  • This should be a comfortable win.

Or a chance for West Ham to make a real West Ham of it.
  • Palace are pretty dire, 11 shots in two games and only 3 on target. They've got 21yo CM Conor Gallagher on loan from Chelsea, looked a bit useful against Brentford but Rice and Soucek shouldn't have too much trouble keeping him quiet
  • How about the HamStew derby

:p
  • edited August 2021
    A near full strength Palace side (minus Benteke) have been beaten 1-0 by a Watford reserve side tonight. Made a lot of good signings, apparently.
  • Ashley Fletcher? Our Ashley Fletcher?
  • The very same.
  • I call dibs on the Ashley Fletcher derby for the Watford game.
  • I don’t like how this is shaping up. Everything points to a West Ham win, which is very troubling to me.
  • Banana skin alert....Palace still waiting for their first goal this season...
  • A few years ago it would have been a certain win for Palace. Now I am only worried. Our next two league games are both winnable. Imagine we welcomed ManU to the OS as unbeaten league leaders. 🙊🙈

I know it probably won't happen but just to have the chance of doing so is great.
  • A few years ago it would have been a certain win for Palace. Now I am only worried. Our next two league games are both winnable. Imagine we welcomed ManU to the OS as unbeaten league leaders. 🙊🙈

I know it probably won't happen but just to have the chance of doing so is great.

And finish the game the same status as unbeaten league leaders ........................... COYI
  • In four of last five seasons we have only managed two wins in our first seven league games. On the one occasion we did win more than two in seven we managed to win three in seven that then became three in thirteen -

2016/17 - 2 wins in 8,
    2017/18 - 2 wins in 7 that became 2 wins in 15,
    2018/19 - 2 wins in 7 that became 2 wins in 10,
    2019/20 - 2 wins in 4 that became 3 wins in 13,
    2020/21 - 2 wins in 4 that became 2 wins in 7,
    2021/22 - 2 wins in 2.

Reasons to be cheerful?

You bet.

COYI
  • Fancy Bowen to get a couple in this
  • Lukerz said:

Fancy Bowen to get a couple in this

Hope so. His performances so far have deserved a goal or two.
  • Whilst they have not scored a goal we have scored eight from five different players, what could possibly go wrong?

I am glad Hodgson has gone as he always played pretty poor football but knew how to grind away and get points on the board. Vieara seems to be wanting them to attack more but its not coming naturally at present. A neutral having watched our first two matches would say a certain win but us being us nothing is as certain.
  • Palace are one of my favourites to go down. I don’t see Vieira working out at all for them.