Palace - H

Comments

• I don't like the level of confidence I am seeing in this thread. If we lose I will hold Lukerz and Jorderz responsible.
  • Don’t worry, OCS will be here Saturday to call out Antonio.

Before he bangs in a hat-trick.
  • What worry me is we win 2-0 and spurs hit 4 or 5 against Watford and fall below them , =)
  • edited August 2021

Don’t worry, OCS will be here Saturday to call out Antonio.

Before he bangs in a hat-trick.

I have a dozen synonyms for 'awful' ready for the match thread 👍
  • steve said:

What worry me is we win 2-0 and spurs hit 4 or 5 against Watford and fall below them , =)

But what about if Watford win, that sounds so much better to me =)
  • steve said:

What worry me is we win 2-0 and spurs hit 4 or 5 against Watford and fall below them , =)

But what about if Watford win, that sounds so much better to me =)
    It always pay to be positive.
  • My worry is Palace have a slight edge in that they’ve had recent experience of playing on a Saturday afternoon. 🙂
  • We will win... Just a question of how many. This will NOT come back and haunt me
  • edited August 2021
    Everyone available except for Arthur (Moyes reckons after the international break)

Eze out for Palace, Milivojevic 50/50
  • Logic dictates 4-0, after 4-1 and 4-2, so I am naturally going for a squeaky bum 1-0.
  • The West Ham I have known and loved for fifty years would probably mess up a game like this, but lately they seem like a different team, giving me cause to hope ( I know ).
    The game plan against Leicester was working well before the sending off but Palace are more likely to sit deep and try to catch us on the break. If we get the first goal we could go on to be the only team to score 4 or more in first 3 top flight games since 1958 (BBC)
    Hoping for a stream on footy pass.
    Come on you Irons
  • The mentality of the team is so much better especially since soucek and coufal came in I think seeing them give it everything ever game has made the team work harder plus Moyes has instilled a good work ethic and if you don’t buy into your gone aka Anderson . As a fan if you see the team putting it in every week it gives you hope in every game I think coming back from 3-0 against Spurs has helped as well showing that a match is never over . Looking forward to today and hopefully another 3 points COYI
  • Please beat this lot, pleeeease!!!!
  • edited August 2021
    This is a weird situation. I hate being confident & calm ahead of a match, as it is an uneasy feeling & I feel it is not a good thing for superstitious reasons.

But the form the side are in, the way they have played for the past year & the faith they have restored in us, I can't help but feel confident in the team today.

When you look at Benrahma, Fornals, Antonio & Bowen vs Anderson, Ward, Mitchell (who is 19)/Tomkins & Guéhi (who is 20), you can't help but feel surely we will cause them problems.

I don't see it being a goal fest. I think it will be a close game where the after analysis will be "Palace were unlucky".

1-0 win (Dawson)
  • Who is going to score the overhead kick against this time ? 😀 we have scored some worldies against this lot but I would take a 1-0 header from a corner . Be nice to keep a clean sheet as well
  • The thing is, if we win against Palace, we will be even more nervous going into the next game, and so on. We will lose eventually, but hopefully to a bigger team than Palace
  • You have to enjoy it while we are playing well because it will come to an end. Should be, but not necessarily, a straightforward win by 2 goals or more for me.

COYI
  • We need to play like league leaders, otherwise we'll never win the title.
  • edited August 2021
    The side for Palace is likely to be...

Guaita
    Ward - Anderson - Guéhi - Mitchell
    Gallagher - Kouyaté - McArthur
    Zaha - Benteke/Ayew - Schlupp

The only alternative options is they could bring in Tomkins for Guéhi or possibly for Mitchell & move Ward to LB, Tomkins to RB (this is what they did in midweek & apparently Palace played as well as they have so far). That would sure them up a bit. They don't have the personnel to play a back 3/5.

The midfield will likely be those three as, due to injuries, they have nobody else. Riedewald could come in for Kouyate, who could maybe drop back into CB. If that defence plays, Guéhi & Mitchell are both very young, up against Bown, Antonio, Coufal & Benrahma. Schlupp could drop back into a midfield 3 if they want the extra forward.

As always, Zaha & Ayew the main threats, but it depends if Viera is going to tighten the side up, or is prepared to go with both. Schlupp may play & always does a job. I am not sure he will start Benteke as a lone forward, as Dawson & Ogbonna will probably deal with him better. I think we're likely to see one of Benteke/Ayew.

For me, you play Fornals centrally here to help out with the middle 3, you stick Benrahma on the side Zaha is on to exploit any gaps he leaves behind & maybe makes him think about bombing forward & leaving a huge gap behind him.
  • edited August 2021
    Hi Mrs gray, what was the name of the screaming site you mentioned a few weeks ago? It swaps really good!
  • Streaming ped txt sorry
  • edited August 2021

Hi Mrs gray, what was the name of the screaming site you mentioned a few weeks ago? It swaps really good!

It's called WHU606 and the screaming is only when Mrs G mods you =)
  • Hi Mrs gray, what was the name of the screaming site you mentioned a few weeks ago? It swaps really good!

Erm, was it totalsportek? Thats the one I usually use. Some of the streamers won't let you use an adblock, but plenty do. hockeynewsite, for example
  • Something pass I think
  • Unchanged team and bench
  • Any body got a stream please?
  • Another 3 points please
  • I think their front 3 may cause our back four a few issues on the break, especially Zaha, but surely our midfield & attack are going to cause their back seven issues?

COYI
  • Any body got a stream please?

google footy pass, usually quite good