Palace - H

Comments

• We are throwing this away.
  • And they score a second
  • Hate this game
  • Hells bells.
  • Drat and double Drat….. to be fair Gallagher took it well and looks quite a player… humph
  • Our passing has mainly been bad

See Hamstew, told yah so

Jesus
  • Both CH caught out for their goals
  • Palace finishing strongly.
  • I'm going out
  • I’m getting very nervy
  • If only we could go to our bench
  • Lanzini and Yarmelenko both on for Fornals and Bowen
  • Got away with one there, could easily have lost it.
  • free kick for Palace in dangerous area
  • Wasted a good chance there. Overhit pass
  • Poor second half. Shame. We looked so comfortable first half.
  • Should have been out of sight, lucky not to lose , at least unbeaten and shows we need to improve the squad
  • Threw those 2 points down the drain

Defence needs improving ASAP
  • A good start to the season but so frustrating. And against that lot. Need some more players in.
  • To be fair, you have to give some credit to Palace, at half time I could not see anything other than a comfortable 3 points for us but Palace raised their game and took the game to us in the 2nd.

At least Zaha did not score as I really really dislike him, like really…….
  • Defending has been pretty poor in all three games to be fair. Dawson is getting exposed, I think, but none of the defenders are covering themselves in glory.
  • Very poor result, Antonio was spent for the second half, ran himself into the ground in the first. Palace should never have been able to get back into that and although not glaring mistakes I think Dawson's was the defender on Gallghar both times.

To give credit Palace worked hard to claw themselves back into it.

Two dropped points without doubt and an abrupt end to the momentum.
  • But on the bright side, we are above the gooners =)
  • I said earlier in the week that Palace are more experienced playing Saturday afternoons. Unknown territory for us and we got a bit lost.
  • A big problem for us is we have to resort to bringing on Yarma when Antonio is spent.
  • Disappointing and if we want to move forward then we should win these type of games but 2 weeks ago I would have taken 7 points from the first 3 games.
  • Yeah not going to over react to one game. We all know the defence needs toughening up. We have not had to do a lot of defending this season yet have still let in 5 goals. Couple of signings between now & Tuesday night required.
  • I'm only annoyed because it's palace. I hate them so bad.
  • Hamstew said:

A big problem for us is we have to resort to bringing on Yarma when Antonio is spent.

The only other option is moving Bowen centrally, but he's just as knackered as Antonio.

We really do need a striker option on the bench. It would be crazy to let another window pass without addressing it, IMO.