Doncaster (H) - FA Cup - 3pm, 23rd January

Comments

• Especially now he’s let his cup striker go lol
  • But he was apparently not very good. 😂
  • Full strength team.

If someone gets injured oh well that's apart of football right.
  • Herb, Cuz, Fortune, let it go. Just accept he wasn't the right fit for a PL team like us.
  • As we are short of strikers, I wonder of Moyes will play Diop in that position and keep Antonio on the bench for late substitution, if necessary.
  • I think Bowen could play up top of desperate. More so than people like Yarma and Diop anyway.
  • Sorry, where has this Diop up front idea come from? Have I missed something?
  • It’s been a running joke on Twitter for a while (I think ex might’ve encouraged it) but seems to be becoming something people want to see.
  • Why not see if we can't convert Soucek?
  • Why not see if we can't convert Soucek?

Because we only have 3 central midfielders, and if Soucek started playing upfront he wouldn’t be able to play in midfield
  • edited January 2021
    alderz said:

Why not see if we can't convert Soucek?

Because we only have 3 central midfielders, and if Soucek started playing upfront he wouldn’t be able to play in midfield
    And if Soucek wouldn't be able to play in midfield, it means Rice will have to, and he really could do with a rest.

This is why letting Haller and Snodgrass go without replacements lined up is so negligent. Both would have started this game, but instead we will have to use players that really need to have a day off.
  • Bowen is the sharpest and coolest in the box - play him cf . And give Ogbonna and Rice a rest. Thanks for listening, Mr Moyes =)
  • How on earth has it come to us having to discuss who should play up front. Our pesky owners
  • So I assume we have until midday today to get someone in in time to play tomorrow?

Well that's blatantly not happening so it's Yarmolenko up front and Antonio from the bench if we need a goal or two.

And then on Tuesday it'll be roles reversed as we won't have anyone in by then either.

Ack, for the first time in years we're in a position to push on in both the league and the cup but we don't have the squad to be able to do it well. It's so frustrating.
  • Its Sullys way.
  • edited January 2021
    So he could have played tomorrow, but probably won't because he's missed seven days of training due to a false positive.

I mean, it's such a West Ham thing to happen

• Hopefully he can at least be on the bench and get 20 mins or so if appropriate
  • If you are negative and have missed less than a week’s training, what is so implausible about the thought of taking the field v Doncaster at home? Am I going mad?
  • I think Fornals could be OK in central midfield with Noble.

Randolph
    Fredericks - Balbuena - Diop - Johnson
    Noble - Fornals
    Yarmolenko - Lanzini - Benrahma
    Any tall reserve team player with 2 legs
  • Good point. Fornals might have to be our CM cover so it would be a good idea to get him some minutes there.
  • Moyes confirms Antonio be playing Saturday
  • Makes sence he’s saying it’s the way to keep him going up to full fitness
  • You can't hide him. He could get injured in the first minute of the next match and hence he will of been wasted.
  • alderz said:

Sorry, where has this Diop up front idea come from? Have I missed something?

Maybe because the Antonio experiment was such a success, we have decided to try another defender.
  • If it goes to penalties will we get given them =)
  • It won’t then obviously lol
  • This should be a comfortable win for us.
    1-0 Hammers
  • Doncaster beat United of Manchester in the first round - it would be a bit weird if they get to play Manchester United in the next round.
  • edited January 2021
    Don't hit me with those negative waves, Moriarty

Imagine a beautiful win, 3-0 up at halftime and Antonio being subbed with both hamstrings intact

Either that or imagine a beautiful signal failure because unless there's a major delay I'm going to have to pick up a train at 3:45pm and will miss the 2nd half.