Doncaster (H) - FA Cup - 3pm, 23rd January

Comments

• Passengers "at the heart of TFL."   😂
  • Nah, I've done 23 years on the Tube, now I'm just coasting towards retirement

Also what passengers? I'm driving empty trains half the time!
  • Sorry but i really can't get any enthusiasm for this game for two reasons.
    Firstly like Hamstew i have this hatred for Palace so i would prefer everyone to be fresh for that game on tuesday.
    Secondly i know that even if we win we're be playing man utd or Liverpool.
    I know the FA said the two draws at once was just a one off due to the fixture list but i'm not to sure.
    They have already dumb downed the cup by playing the final in the early evening instead of the traditional 3PM kick off so they might just think, that went well so we're carry on doing it.
  • edited January 2021
    Oooh proper old 3pm ko cup tie.Love it, such a shame the place is empty.I'm not bothered about the fact they we'll play Man U or Liverpool next I just want us to win well today and go up there with a bit of confidence.
  • For those who don't know, the game is BBC red button, channel 601
  • Alves played for the U23s yesterday, no sign of Odubeko though...
  • edited January 2021
    No Antonio or Odubeko upfront apparently
  • edited January 2021
    Yarmo’s chance up front
  • Again, five defenders on the bench. We really need to get some more balance in this squad.
  • Thats the team i would have put out ...................So LOSS
  • Thin squad.
  • Did i see somewhere Moyes likes working with a small squad if so then he got his wish
  • They'll be happy seeing Yarmo up top. He can't run and will constantly be trying to get the ball on his left.
  • Lots of negativity around the squad and who isn't in it at the moment.

Am I the only one loving this season? I'm having a great time. And there's too much rubbish stuff going on in the world to stop me enjoying it.
  • Hamstew said:

They'll be happy seeing Yarmo up top. He can't run and will constantly be trying to get the ball on his left.

Yarmo hattrick incoming then :expressionless:
  • We are playing Doncaster not Bayern. Normally our development squad would be playing them.
  • I'm with you Jorderz.  👍
  • I doubt if Baptiste or Afolayan will feature, both played for the U23s yesterday

Am I the only one loving this season? I'm having a great time. And there's too much rubbish stuff going on in the world to stop me enjoying it.

No you're right I'm also enjoying it. I think it's because it's a season where we could really push on. Just a few more bodies and who knows.

100%

Doesn't surprise me that we are doing better since we haven't had fans at the game

Absolutely loving this season
  • Nothing to do with fans imo. The team has been coached and their fitness levels increased considerably. We generally said, even under Pelle, that the players were better than the results and performances they were achieving.
  • edited January 2021

Lots of negativity around the squad and who isn't in it at the moment.

The two things aren't mutually exclusive. I'm loving the season so far, we're exceeding all of my expectations, but there are still things that aren't good enough, IMO. This season we're all loving could easily derail with a couple of injuries because the squad has been run down so much.
  • Could be Benrahma up front with Yarmo down the right.

Loving it

Its been brilliant especially compared to last season
  • edited January 2021

Lots of negativity around the squad and who isn't in it at the moment.

The two things aren't mutually exclusive. I'm loving the season so far, we're exceeding all of my expectations, but there are still things that aren't good enough, IMO. This season we're all loving could easily derail with a couple of injuries because the squad has been run down so much.
    I agree with this completely. I’m loving this season, and really enjoying watching us play. I won’t love it so much if Rice or Antonio get injured and we have no cover for them, and I think it’s ok to think both things

We’re programmed to fear the worst
  • I get that we're a couple of players short and some injuries could make things less good.

At the same time, we've had bigger squads than this and it's made no difference to how rubbish recent seasons have been.

I'm just going to enjoy when things are going well for West Ham, because it doesn't happen very often.
  • yoyo said:

For those who don't know, the game is BBC red button, channel 601

Thank you - channel 981 if you've got Sky box
  • Out of interest any idea why Randolph doesn't feature ? COYI