Doncaster (H) - FA Cup - 3pm, 23rd January

Comments

• Debut goal for Afolayan. Love that.

Sullivan's wallet definitely getting locked away now 😄
  • Great to see the follow up from Afolayan, a special day for him. Good positive drive forwards from Fredericks again.
  • Trott coming on too.

Moyes gone mad with his subs.
  • Trott about to come on
  • we're subbing a keeper on O_O oof
  • Keeper change is mad, doesn’t happen often!
  • Enjoyed this game. Did someone hack Jorderz account and start this thread?
  • Diop’s improved after a slow start
  • alderz said:

Keeper change is mad, doesn’t happen often!

Moyes gone subbing crazy.
  • I wonder if he goes the full hog and puts on Baptise too for all youngsters to get on
  • Let’s have Baptiste on as well, why not
  • Baptiste on too. Lovely stuff.
  • Looks like he has. Fab didn’t look too tired =)
  • Fab off and Trott comes on for final 8 mins or so. Baptiste on for Fredericks
  • What a moment for Unknownerz

Fair play lad
  • Yarmolenko dribbling in the area and tackled himself instead of shooting from 8 yards
  • Yarmo is rubbish
  • And he's named man of the match!?
  • Hamstew said:

Yarmo is rubbish

And he's just been given motm 🤣
  • Good performance kept going nice to see all the kids get debuts and most first team rested for palace
  • I dont think Trott has touched the ball yet
  • Solid,comfortable and professional....And Trott got a clean sheet!( admitted he only had 11 minutes) A goal for Unknown, Benrhama and Lanzini hooked up well. Fornals looked solid and the main thing no injuries
  • And no Antonio or Rice needed. Result.
  • Ok what is this I expected a nervous 1-0 given the quality of the match thread jorderz get the palace one started now coyi happy happy joy joy
  • Just Yarmouth, no Great
  • Perfect cup game really. Controlled if from the off, goals, clean sheet, no injuries and minutes for some of the kids.

Noble MOTM for me. Controlled the midfield and lead the team well. An argument maybe that League 1 is more his level now, but did what he had to do really well.

Yarmolenko did ok I thought. A nice goal and some decent touches, but again, you've got to take the opposition into account. Still not convinced he's an adequate PL replacement for Antonio.

But hey, job done and a really enjoyable performance.
  • edited January 2021
    Agreed Noble was my motm. Then Benrahma
  • Debut goal for the Youngster, Good on him to follow on through and tap in.

Agreed. Although Afolayan is a year older than Rice!
  • Fornals MOTM for me.
  • edited January 2021
    Benrahma’s got 3 assists and twice made the pass that created the opportunity for an assist. He’s pulled the strings increasingly over the past three games. Hasn’t scored but hasn’t been in too many situations where he should’ve. As long as he’s creating space and chances I’m not worried about him scoring and hopefully that doesn’t get in his head.

Noble guided well. The game suited him. He got to be a bit of a deep lying playmaker as well.

Don’t see how Yarmolenko is MOTM. Good run and finish for the goal though, exactly what we will need for him if he plays there again.