Doncaster (H) - FA Cup - 3pm, 23rd January

12345679»

Comments

• It must have been a very good day yesterday as the only thing people can find to complain about is the lettering on a shirt. A near perfect day, a 4-0 win, another clean sheet, squad player get a good game, key players rested, no apparent injuries, young players get involved and score and we played some very nice football. A very satisfying day.

It really was. Having those young players on the pitch made it so much better. I really hope it’s a message from Moyes that he’ll give them chances.
  • If he didn’t we’d be playing Antonio and rice as there wasn’t many options to him
  • edited January 2021
    Well he did have an option; he plays Rice & Antonio like he did against Stockport.

Yes, he maybe was forced to dip into the academy due to our squad size, but he still made the choice to start Johnson, & bring on Trott, Baptiste & Afolayan.
  • I think you called changes yourself, Randolph was injured so trott to come on when the game almost over isn’t inspired selection, would he have come on at 1-0, would Antonio be on at 1-0 down it’s not rocket science
  • So Cuz, what has Moyes got to do to impress you?
  • IronHerb said:

So Cuz, what has Moyes got to do to impress you?

Leave West Ham I think might be the answer to that one 😂😂😂
  • Moyes Out! Haller In!
  • No he’s doing a better job than I thought to be honest but some on here believe he’s some sort of tactical genius which to me he’s not, one minute the same people on here say he leaves his subs to late, then how good he his for giving trott 9 mins at end but time will tell
  • edited January 2021
    Cuz - I’d give it up with the constant nitpicking.

Some people have views, sometimes they have other views. It’s not overly productive to keep going back to historical posts of no relevance. 👍
  • He's not a tactical genius, he's just got the team fit and organised, given them self belief and got them working hard.
  • I don’t think he is a total tactical genius either, but he has made us into one of the strongest and fittest outfits in the league (evidenced say by the Spurs game). And a much lower injury count. And he has made us hard to beat and deadly at set pieces. Which has resulted in wins and points we might not otherwise have had.
  • Lukerz said:

Some people have views, sometimes they have other views. It’s not overly productive to keep going back to historical posts of no relevance. 👍

And here’s me thinking I can have a opinion too
  • edited January 2021

It must have been a very good day yesterday as the only thing people can find to complain about is the lettering on a shirt. A near perfect day, a 4-0 win, another clean sheet, squad player get a good game, key players rested, no apparent injuries, young players get involved and score and we played some very nice football. A very satisfying day.

I don't think Yarmo is very good even though he took his goal well. How slow does he do his step overs btw
  • Cuz1 said:

Lukerz said:

And here’s me thinking I can have a opinion too
    Of course you can, but what you are doing is picking at people and suggesting some sort of inconsistency in their views. Who cares if somebody rates Moyes but thinks he uses subs too late? What does it matter.

Crack on with whatever you want to express, just see it as a bit unproductive.
  • In your opinion obviously
  • Cuz 👍 everything I post is in my opinion.
  • 👍mine too
  • edited January 2021
    Unless Lukerz starts his post with "Anybody who knows anything about football", then this means it's totally factual and cannot be questioned hahaha
  • Haha yeah in hindsight not my best choice of words from my time here 👍
  • Don’t worry bout it
  • I don’t think he is a total tactical genius either, but he has made us into one of the strongest and fittest outfits in the league (evidenced say by the Spurs game). And a much lower injury count. And he has made us hard to beat and deadly at set pieces. Which has resulted in wins and points we might not otherwise have had.

He has done well for one season, but so did our past managers, slav had a good first season then nose dived, pellegrini had an average decent first season then nose dived. If Moyes can do this again next season then i will believe it but have seen it all before in the last decade where we go from mid table 10th with a half decent season to relegation battle the next. Hopefully Moyes can break that cycle.

• He has done well for one season, but so did our past managers, slav had a good first season then nose dived, pellegrini had an average decent first season then nose dived. If Moyes can do this again next season then i will believe it but have seen it all before in the last decade where we go from mid table 10th with a half decent season to relegation battle the next. Hopefully Moyes can break that cycle.

Totally agree Yeold. My measure of success has always been consistency. I would like 3-4 seasons being in the top half, not flirting with relegation and being safe by February. I’m not bothered about Champions League spot. Yes, it’ll be nice but we’re not ready for it.
    Like you said, we have always been a yo-yo team. Fighting for Europa League spot one season and fighting relegation the next.
    Once we are constantly top 10 we can look at pushing on. Maybe then we can also have a period with the same manager.
  • Currently 7th in the League is higher than I would have expected half way through the season, especially considering the small squad we have. Moyes is doing very well.
  • alderz said:

It’s awesome that we finished the game with 5 academy graduates on the pitch

Being picky, Unknownerz is not really an Academy graduate in the way noble, trott, baptiste and Johnson are?

Yeah fair. Picky and accurate!