Doncaster (H) - FA Cup - 3pm, 23rd January

Seriously, can anybody even remember a time when I wasn't starting the match threads.

Comments

• Yes last year 😂😂
  • No. I just remember being happier.
  • Ah yes the Frédéric Piquionne Derby
  • Herita Ilunga derby
  • edited January 2021
    Struggling to be positive. Another grim match thread from "These games are so hard to watch my eyes are getting Sorederz"
  • It’s proper horrenderz
  • Seriously, can anybody even remember a time when I wasn't starting the match threads.

I can vaguely recall someone else starting the wolves , leicester , spurs, man city and liverpool threads =)
  • Odubeko missed tonight due to Covid, so presumably won't be available for this one. Can't really risk Antonio so I imagine we'll see Yarmolenko starting up front.

Unless of course we sign another striker before. I know, I know, I'm grasping at strawderz.
  • Keep going wining is what you doerz
  • Hamstew said:

Struggling to be positive. Another grim match thread from "These games are so hard to watch my eyes are getting Sorederz"

You spend the days between matches thinking these up don't you.
  • I really hope he doesn’t. If that’s what he’s doing with his days then they should be a lot funnier
  • Jorderz Doncasterz theatrez of dreamz 💤
  • edited January 2021
    It's going to be a going to be a goal festerz or maybe not.
  • MrsGrey said:

Hamstew said:

You spend the days between matches thinking these up don't you.
    I've got a few left. One of which is a swear word so people might need to be quick to see it.
  • Doncaster Rovers currently 4th in League One.

The last time we played them was 2011-12 in the Championship but since 2014 they've been stuck in League One apart from one season in League Two. Before that we'd not met since 1958.

Managed by ex-WBA CB Darren Moore, they've played 4-2-3-1 in the league and cup, apparently not good against high balls (cue Soucek).

Captain Ben Whiteman, DM/CM, signed with Preston last week, unsurprisingly Donny fans are less than happy.

We should hammer them, we can't blame the pitch this time but it will probably be 1-0
  • Looking at the flood warnings for South Yorkshire over the next couple of days I think it could be another paddy field ASLEF
  • Whitehorse we are at home
  • Randolph,
    Fredericks, Balbuena, Diop, Alves, Johnson,
    Noble, Coventry,
    Lanzini, Benrahma,
    Yarmolenko
  • edited January 2021
    Randolph
    Fredericks - Balbuena - Diop - Johnson
    Noble - Rice
    Yarmolenko - Lanzini - Benrahma
    Bowen
  • Is Coventry even back in training? I know he was due to be, but haven't seen or heard anything to say he is. And even then, this game might come too soon after so long out.

I think it'll be:

Randy
    Fredericks Balbuena Ogbonna Johnson
    Soucek Noble
    Bowen Lanzini Fornals
    Yarmolenko
  • Good point Thonburyiron!
  • As Lukerz except Odubeko starting up front instead of Benrahma with Antonio on the bench just in case.

Unless Mipo plays for the U23s v Spurs on Friday
  • edited January 2021
    I thought someone said Mipo wasn’t there yesterday for Covid reasons. If that’s right he might not be available.

(Edit: I read that here but have no idea where it came from)
  • I thought someone said Mipo wasn’t there yesterday for Covid reasons. If that’s right he might not be available.

(Edit: I read that here but have no idea where it came from)

Ex said it was Covid-related, but was waiting on confirmation. There's been no update since, so who knows, but it would explain why he wasn't on the bench yesterday as all other logic suggested he would be.
  • A thumping 2-0 win as the Hammers strengthen their two pronged assault on the European spots.

🥳
  • Antonio on the bench,Ready to come on and save the day ,Scores the winner in exter time ,Then pulls up ...Well you can fill in the rest =)
  • Based on the strength of the team against Stockport, and Moyes' comments about wanting to go for the cup, I'm anticipating a strong team.

Against Stockport we started: Randolph; Coufal Dawson Ogbonna Johnson; Noble Rice; Yarmo Lanzini Benrahma; Antonio.

6 of those are regular starters, and I see no reason not to expect us to see something similar.

Randolph; Fredericks Dawson Ogbonna Johnson; Noble Soucek; Yarmo Benrahma Lanzini; Antonio.

I think he would have rested Coufal if Fredericks had been available against Stockport, and I think he'll rest Rice and start Soucek, as that is just flipping what happened against Stockport. I think he'll start Antonio. I don't think he should, but I think he will.
  • The Antonio issue apart, shouldn’t we be putting out a strong team? Most of us would like West Ham to have a real go at the cup this year. Our second string should be able to beat Doncaster, but we’ve seen this before. Moyes will be crucified if he omits certain players and we lose. All comes down to whether or not we trust the bench.
    ...... or is our league position more important?
  • Maybe given we are away to Manure or pool next he will put out a weaker team and roll the dice as we will struggle to progress next round given the squad depth
  • We do have a game against a rested Palace team onTuesday so there will need to be a balance struck. Moyes can't win because, as you say, he will be crucified if doesn't play players and crucified if anyone gets injured, which is totally out of his control.