Everton (A) - 5.30pm 01/01/2021

The Nikica Jelavić derby.

Another scintillating performance under my stewardship. We are racking up the points like there's no tomorrow and I've safely seen us through the end of this turbulent year undefeated.

Everton next, who have had more rest and are better than us.

I hope we start with the team we finished with tonight, though probably Coufal in for Fredericks.

Noble and Yarma should be made to socially distance from the starting line-up from now on.

Comments

• The Tony Cottee derby
  • edited December 2020
    Another bore draw match thread no doubt from Borderz himself 😉

The David Unsworth derby.
  • It’s going to have to be Haller again due to not being able to take a risk from Antonio from the start.
  • The Mark ward derby
  • Massive, massive game, particularly in Ecuador

The Enner Valencia derby
  • David unsworth derby
  • The Slaven Bilic Derby
  • Borderz 😂 😂 🤡
  • David Moyes derby. That's all.
  • We've both got an e and a t in our name derby. I couldn't think of another player without cheating. Hahaha
  • The Slaven Bilic derby
  • The Danny Williamson Derby.

Loss.
  • The Lucas Neill Derby. There. That’s my contribution, now I can get on with my day.
  • The Don Hutchison derby
  • The Mrs Unsworth derby =)
  • Draw would be a great result here. We lost there 2-0 last season & we were awful. We don’t have a great record up there.
  • Decisions, decisions... Balbuena back? Rest Oggy?Start Bowen? Put springs in Haller's boots? Johnson as LWB? Coufal back? (no contest) ... to be continued...
  • They’ve been solid at the back recently, and have played 4 centre halves across the back four. Crossing the ball isn’t likely to be our best route to success against this lot.

I’d like to see Benrahma and Bowen play, as they both have some pace and craft that can trouble them.

At the back, DCL and Richarlison are going to cause problems. I’d be tempted to revert to 3-4-3 and bring Johnson in at LWB.

Fabianski; Dawson Ogbonna Cresswell; Coufal Rice Soucek Johnson; Bowen Benrahma; Haller
  • 11 behind the ball from me. If we can break out every now and then we might nick a penalty. No point going for the set pieces as we will play it short and not do very much. However, it will be 2021, and fairy dust may have been sprinkled in our favour. 🥰
  • Ancelotti says Richarlison is fit but James Rodriguez, Allan and Lucas Digne are still unavailable.
  • 100% take a draw, this is going to be a really tough game....even moreso given they haven't played since boxing day

Everton have won 4 of their last 5, and find themselves in the top 4....they are a better team then us and will be looking for all 3 points here to go within a point of Liverpool

Also think that Rice and Soucek look exhausted, they really need a rest they are both so key to us playing well....so if we can get through this game with a point then give ourselves a chance to recover id be very happy
  • I can't see us getting anything out of this match.
  • Nope this is one if those games. Just keep the score down.
  • I reckon a 3-0 win. I'm not drunk, just a feeling.
  • I reckon a 3-0 win. I'm not drunk, just a feeling.

I want what he's having
  • They are a hit & miss team. They have won 4 of their last 5 but also their last home defeat was 0-1 to Leeds. They go through little patches of wins or defeats. We will need to rotate again given their extended break.

0-1
  • I just noticed that Everton haven't played since Boxing Day because the Man City game on Monday was cancelled so they've had five days off while we've played twice.

I'm working so I won't be able to watch - which might be fortunate
  • alderz said:

The Lucas Neill Derby. There. That’s my contribution, now I can get on with my day.

Completely forgot he played for them! Amazing what you forget!
  • Biggest wins for Everton this season:
    5-2 (v 10 man WBA)
    4-2 (v Brighton)
    0-2 (v Leicester)

All other wins have been by 1 goal margins.

So can’t see a battering. It will be a tight game & if we do come off the wrong side, it will likely be a 2-0.