Everton (A) - 5.30pm 01/01/2021

Comments

• respect the three points, happy happy joy joy
  • Soucek is so smiley all the time. I would love him even if he was useless.

Fortunately he's also absolutely and surprisingly deadly.
  • I am massive.

Yes you are and you should rightly cup your ear in my direction
  • Remember the days when we never won at Everton that’s 3 wins in the last 6 I think
  • More spuds and dumplings for me then!
  • Fair play to Moyes for the positive line-up and very positive substitutions.

He wouldn't have got much stick for holding out for the 0-0, but really went for it.
  • Dawson - 2 starts 2 clean sheets

And we are one of the very few teams to have nullified DCL this season
  • What Moyes has done with our defence is astonishing. Even Lanzini was chasing back, winning headers, intercepting. If he takes the cup seriously I think I’d be happy for him to stay forever.
  • A thoroughly deserved win. Everyone played well. Haller played well too. Maybe Moyes has found a formation to get the best out of him.
  • Ogbonna was outstanding and Dawson didn't put a foot wrong.
  • edited January 2021
    Oggyy, massive. Female pundit ( ex Everton keeper ) saying Pickford only had one thing to do all game, one easy save..... No, he had two, the other was picking the ball out of the back of the net!
  • Ogbonna was outstanding and Dawson didn't put a foot wrong.

Dawson did put some feet wrong, but wasn’t punished for his sloppiness on the ball. When he does defending he’s solid as anyone though. Kick it head it.
  • I know it’s being churlish but we still haven’t quite shaken off the old “West Ham” we win our hardest fixture of the 3 over Christmas but struggle to get a point from what should have been our easiest. Five points isn’t too bad a return though.
  • Great win, and this after some fixture congestion. Great defending, too. Ogbonna was immense. I still think Balbuena is a better defender than Dowson, though.
  • So what we've seen from the last two games is that Dawson is good enough for the PL. Balbuena has been better this season too, so I think the pressure is off Moyes to bring another CB in this month.

Hopefully that means we can concentrate on getting in another option up front and suitable cover for Rice and Soucek because both are so important; lose one and we lose the balance we have in midfield.
  • Excellent 3 points...
    Lots of great performances , Ogbonna, Rice...
    And kudos to Randolph not expecting to play and I know Outcast and Alderz were a little critical of Dawson but 2 games played 2 clean sheets....
    Can’t moan with that....⚒⚒
  • alderz said:

I think I’m done with Haller now. I’ve been pretty easy on him and have defended him a lot, as I’ve seen some flickers of quality on the ball particularly. But today he’s been shocking with the ball, and when you are bad on it you have to work a lot harder off of it.

Thats ok. You've got Dawson to lay into now by the looks of it.
  • Absolutely marvellous. Happy New Year everyone. What a great result.
    If we could find a good striker we would be even higher.
  • I can see us selling Diop tbh
  • Well, my paint has dried very nicely, probably because I was watching it so closely.
  • Lukerz said:

They are a hit & miss team. They have won 4 of their last 5 but also their last home defeat was 0-1 to Leeds. They go through little patches of wins or defeats. We will need to rotate again given their extended break.

0-1

😉
  • Ogbonna leading the charge for hammer of the year i think.
  • I thought he as last year.
  • IronHerb said:

alderz said:

I think I’m done with Haller now. I’ve been pretty easy on him and have defended him a lot, as I’ve seen some flickers of quality on the ball particularly. But today he’s been shocking with the ball, and when you are bad on it you have to work a lot harder off of it.

Thats ok. You've got Dawson to lay into now by the looks of it.
    I don't see what point you're trying to make with this post?
  • Soucek has 10 goals in 19 appearances for us in the league

What a signing!!!
  • Just had my first new year drink ,it was real good as well thanks to that win ,Well played lads after a very tough week .All these so called experts should be laying into Everton and saying how well we played after just playing all the games we have in such a short time
  • Soucek has 10 goals in 19 appearances for us in the league

What a signing!!!

Transfermarkt has him down as 8 in 30, but it's still a brilliant record
  • I think i may be having a man crush on Soucek ,And its not the drink talking
  • alderz said:

Soucek has 10 goals in 19 appearances for us in the league

What a signing!!!

Transfermarkt has him down as 8 in 30, but it's still a brilliant record
    Sorry must've read it wrong

But yea what a player
  • Soucek, Coufal and Bowen are three players that we have been crying out for for a long time before they joined us. All three make me think there might even have been a strategy in place before we signed them.