Everton (A) - 5.30pm 01/01/2021

Comments

• Soucek pushed over and nothing given, what a surprise. Another ref intent on giving us nothing.
  • So far this is a much better 0-0 first half performance than the one against Southampton
  • edited January 2021
    MIAHammer said:

yoyo said:

Randolph kicks are a bit weak. We're doing alright so far.

His kicks are hardly clearing the half way line.
    Maybe he's the secret love child of Phil Parkes...

(on my meal break, listening to 5 Live).
  • Benrahma has had a couple of moments where he looks very lively, but he’s also had a couple where he looks very lightweight and has given up good opportunities
  • Fornals gives away a free kick out wide level with the 18 yard line
  • Haller hasn’t been particularly good with his link up play or running or anything. This formation doesn’t give him the isolation excuse either, as Benrahma has been right up with him. His layoffs and things have been mostly weak.

Good save from Randolph there
  • Now a corner to defend just before half time
  • Ball comes out and Randy pushs a long range shot round the post for another corner, but nothing comes of it.
  • Been another Jorderz match thread masterpiece so far.

Look at our defensive structure - beautiful.
  • Good half, solid and quite nippy when we're running at them
  • Not sure if both defences seem comfortable or both attacking forces are playing really poorly.
  • We look really solid with the 4, and our attackers have been in the game too. They just are also looking really solid and their attackers have been in the game. Two pretty even teams cancelling themselves out.
  • Some decent touches from Haller in the last 10 minutes.
  • The club Instagram account posted a picture of Fornals with the ball at his feet. That must be from a different game...
  • Think we've been the better team, even if there isn't much in it

Bowen looking our biggest threat, Benrahma blew a bit hot and cold, Fornals/Haller quiet, Rice and Soucek look really good in the middle

All in all, a good half, but need more cutting edge....maybe Antonio fater 60 mins
  • We’ve probably edged it, but very uneventful.

More than matching them, though.

Antonio could make a big difference around the 60 minute mark if it’s still level.
  • I worry we won’t have the legs if Everton step it up at all. But yeah I agree we’ve been the better team
  • looked okay,But will never hear the last of Jorderz,If we get something out of this
  • Respect the point ☝️
  • anyone got a good stream for this game?
  • We’ve not started this half particularly well
  • Dawson doesn’t look very good today. Bad on the ball at crucial times
  • They’ve come out more aggressively
  • Randolph has not kicked well at all today.

I wonder if with Dawson we were all blinded by expectations? We mostly thought he’d be not as good as he was against Southampton, and then we mostly thought he’d be as good as he was then tonight.
  • I think I’m done with Haller now. I’ve been pretty easy on him and have defended him a lot, as I’ve seen some flickers of quality on the ball particularly. But today he’s been shocking with the ball, and when you are bad on it you have to work a lot harder off of it.
  • That was really well worked from Rice and Cresswell. Great hall from Rice but nobody could get on the end.
  • I think you’re being a bit harsh alders, he and Benrahma are not quite gelling, but it is looking more promising. He would not be my choice (Haller), but he’s what we have at present.
  • What the heck, a good short free kick move!
  • Dodger58 said:

I think you’re being a bit harsh alders, he and Benrahma are not quite gelling, but it is looking more promising. He would not be my choice (Haller), but he’s what we have at present.

He’s layoffs and link up play generally has been the worst it’s looked, to me. Maybe I am being harsh, but im not impressed in the slightest today

Some of the passing from both teams has been shocking
  • Dawson can’t start again