Hammers to run ballot process for final 3 fixtures & OS season ticket

Comments

• ha ha sorry, started something here......

now how many holes was it?

;hmm

could be right, perhaps it was because we knew the likes of MUFC took 3,000 against UP 30,000 that thought it would naturally be 6,000 of 60,000
  • edited May 2016
    Slizzy

I think the confusion arises as 10% is mentioned, but it is only relevant to stadia with capacities lower than 30 000; for all other stadia, it is 5%, up to a max of 3,000 unless separately agreed between clubs.
  • ;hmm ..... based on an eight hour day with standard breaks .... about 4hrs 15 min's to dig half a hole.
  • Blimey Admeus,

the time it's taken you to work that out you could have dug it yourself ;lol
  • Of course the real answer is you can't dig half a hole, as soon as you start digging you have a hole - if you wanted a numerical answer you would give the dimensions of both holes and ask the question "How long would it take to dig one hole half the size of one of the two already dug".

It's a bit like the question: A bath when the plug is pulled out it will empty at a rate of 7.5 litres a minute, when the hot tap is on full it will fill the bath at a rate of 5 litres a minute. If the hot tap is running at full and you pull the plug when there is 75 litres of water in it, how long will it be before the bath is empty?

Now there is a whole lot of numbers in that one which will lead you to work out a calculation of how much goes in whilst the original amount empties then another for how much goes in while the second amount empties etc.

Now think about it seriously for a moment........

When you next turn on the tap to your bath, take a minute to watch........

The force of the water from the tap forces water up the bath before it runs back down, as it equalises, once the water goes down the plug and it becomes stable and there is always some pooling in the bath, so the real answer to the question is - if you turn the tap off first the bath will be empty in ten minutes, if you don't it will never be empty.
  • ;hmm ..... you obviously have not done any MENSA or other IQ/Intelligence questionnaires then.

• Depends which man half you're talking about, top half, bottom half or if you cut said man down the middle between the eyes as each will have different digging capability. Either way he's not going to get much done relative to the full man.
  • The original was a 'trick' question re: half a hole, but I deliberately altered it to be sillier, since the point was to make a joke about maths questions, rather on the lines of 1066 and all that:

1. Give the dates of at least two of the following:
    (1) William the Conqueror.
    (2) 1066.

2. What is a Plantagenet? Do you agree?

3. Trace by means of graphs, etc.,
    (1) The incidence of scurvy in the Chiltern Hundreds during the reign of Rufus.
    (2) The Bosom of the Pope.
    (Squared paper, compasses, etc., may be used.)

4. Expostulate (chiefly) on
    (a) The Curfew,
    (b) Gray’s Energy in the Country Churchyard.

5. Estimate the size of
    (1) Little Arthur.
    (2) Friar Puck.
    (3) Magna Charta.

6. Fill in the names of at least some of the following:
    (1) __________________
    (2) __________________
    (3) Simon de Montfort.

I always thought the Mensa test was a trick question, since surely one demonstrates intelligence by not attempting it?
  • Blackadder - Advanced Math

• Grey, Re: MENSA - ;ok

Some of the questions are exactly that as it does as you suggest. Think it is to do with having the intelligence/ability see beyond the information supplied and the question posed.

The question I used as an example was actually one in a test for being accepted for training for the GS, you would not believe the number of people on the test who spend quite some time calculating an answer and were then quite hacked off when told they had got it wrong - think there were only two of us that got that one and both of us thought it was the answer within a minute or two of reading the question.

You did not need to get 100% on the test, it was designed so that certain questions (this being one of them) were more important, providing you got those you were considered for the training.
  • I'm not sure how much Mrs. Everhopeful will appreciate the Claret Membership as a 30th wedding anniversary present (it is supposed to be pearl) but it means I could get two tickets for the Juventus game!!
  • ;lol ;clap ;clap
  • edited May 2016
    Admeus, you'll need to explain that thing with the bath. The point about the tap running forcing the water back is surely only valid if the tap is above the drain.
    Since there is no mention of where the tap is situated, any back force must be discounted meaning there is a net loss of 2.5 litres/min.
    Incidentally, I have a free standing bath with the taps installed in the wall about halfway along the bath from the drain. ;biggrin
    Btw what is GS? ;hmm
  • If I am honest it looks like I am going to have to pay £110 to make the whole family members on the off chance we might get four tickets for the Juventus game which will cost an additional £60? After that I probably won't need to use the whole of the membership due to other commitments. It could prove to be an expensive family outing.

Just had a quick butcher's and, it looks like there are LOADS of tickets available.

Juve
  • edited May 2016
    I do wonder if fans arnt a bit fatigued with it all.

I feel a bit beaten about the head with all first, last, bye, buy stuff myself.
  • Nobody has started getting football withdrawal yet.
  • NE - The diagram with it was of a standard bath with the taps above the drain, so when turned on the water runs to one side and up the bath before coming back. Even so, if the taps are running then the bath will still not be empty (unless they are directly above the drain so go down it directly without entering the bath) until the tap is turned off as there will be water in the bath even if only a shallow depth running to the drain.

GS are the initials for a slag term for a section in HM Forces.
  • Screen Shot 2016-05-23 at 12.41.34

Good to see Ticketmaster has cracked the problem ;doh
  • I can't get in at all.
  • Managed to get in and pay off him_indoors season ticket, he wanted to wait until his epurse credits were rolled over. They had been and all was fine.

Except...

My epurse credits hadn't been rolled over because I paid for my season ticket for the 16/17 season before the 15/16 season had ended, they can't tell me were that money went.

• Perhaps Diddy D knows?

• If ever there was an appropriate time to use that screaming child this is it.
  • That.is.hideous.
  • Today is the last day to pay the outstanding balance for your season ticket. Thing is the ticket office is closed so it can only be done online.
    Once again not the best customer service imo.