Man U at home, 10th May 2016, the last ever Boleyn Ground Match Thread

OK, I've never started one of these thingies, so here goes

COYI COYI COYI COYI COYI COYI

Comments

• I would love a win, but think we might have to settle for a point.

3-3

;biggrin
  • If we win, it's King_Expat from that day forward.
  • Well, I have just discovered the probable cause of yesterdays little hiccup

Mrs E had moved Seamus my West Ham Gnome to a different position in the garden ;weep
  • edited May 2016
    Randolph
    Tomkins - Collins - Reid - Cresswell
    Kouyate - Obiang - Noble
    Antonio - Sakho - Payet

Spiegel, Ogbonna, Byram, Oxford, Lanzini, Carroll, Valencia

Few changes. Need to make sure, at the very least, that this game is a tight one. Gives us a chance of pinching it 1-0 or 2-1. Beef up the midfield with Obiang, Tomkins and Ginge into the back line, Antonio back on the right wing and Sakho back up top.

United will be up for it, especially if City drop points today. They can still grab top four.
  • Think I'd prefer Carroll up top as Fell_any has been given the elbow
  • We're going to keep a clean sheet abd win this.
    Early in the season Adrian was sent off and Randolph was called upon for 3 PL matches. The first, he conceded 4 goals, the next one was against Liverpool which we won 3-0. This time Adrian is injured, prompting Randolph to be called upon for 3 games. Yesterday he conceded 4 goals and on Tuesday we play ManU. Nailed on win.
  • Expat ;ok
  • Looks with dread
    ;sofa
  • Randolph
    Kouyate - Obiang - Noble
    Antonio - Sakho - Payet

Spiegel, Ogbonna, Byram, Oxford, Lanzini, Carroll, Valencia

Few changes. Need to make sure, at the very least, that this game is a tight one. Gives us a chance of pinching it 1-0 or 2-1. Beef up the midfield with Obiang, Tomkins and Ginge into the back line, Antonio back on the right wing and Sakho back up top.

United will be up for it, especially if City drop points today. They can still grab top four.

This is my starting line up too.
  • Obiang for Reid for me otherwise looks good.
  • IronHerb said:

Obiang for Reid for me otherwise looks good.

Ogbonna?
  • Good spot buffy.

Yes Ogbonna ;doh
  • We need to win this or at least get a point, can't stand the thought of united getting top 4

Need to show something because the Swansea game was pathetic and was an embarrassing final Saturday evening send of for the Boleyn Ground

We need to shore things up if we are gonna get anything

As luke said on this or the swans thread we have been playing 4 attacking players in modified with a winger at RB, a attacking left back and no holding midfielder which is why we've been leaking goals left right and centre

Obiang needs to play (lanzini & moses haven't exaclty made the decision hard either) and antonio needs to play RW

Don't really mind who goes upfront sakho and Carroll both bring strengths it's up to Bilic how to get the best out of them

Let's beat the Mancs and give the Boleyn the send off it deserves 8th would've been a great season at the beginning of the season but with everything that's happened I'd be so dissappointed to let Liverpool & the saints finish above us at the final hurdle because the players want to go on summer holiday
  • ;ok spot on
  • IronHerb said:

Good spot buffy.

Yes Ogbonna ;doh

Don't be too hard on yourself there Herb. Even our co-chairman is prone to the odd faux pas of that ilk. It happens to the best of them.
  • Yeah, but he can be a bit of a doddery old.....Oh, hang on ;doh
  • Randolph
    Kouyate - Obiang - Noble
    Antonio - Sakho - Payet

I like this line up, Lukerz ;ok

I'm a huge fan of lanzini, but feel in this game we need to be physical. Bringing Obiang in also gives Noble more of a free role.

Lanzini and Carroll to come on in the second half. Creativity and power in the air. Sakho starts this one for me too, just tell him to run himself into the ground (as he usually does) with Carroll coming on and going up against a tired defence.

Its going to be an emotional one. It still hasn't really sunk in that we're leaving the Boleyn.. ;weep
  • ------------------------ Randolph -------------------------
    ----------- Collins -- Ogbonna -- Reid -------------
    Antonio ------------- Obiang ----------- Cresswell
    ------------------ Noble ------- Payet --------------------
    ---------------------------- Sakho ---------------------------
    --------------------------- Carroll ---------------------------
  • So just throwing this out there, if man Utd win the FA cup and finish in the top 4, does that make LVG's season moderately successful?
  • I think you would have to say so.
    Didn't expect them to be title challengers this season but top 4 would have been the aim. And the cup a bonus.
  • When you consider some of the players they have representing them (Mensah, Lindgard, Rashford), top four and cup win is an incredible achievement.
  • More surprising, if they do it, with Depay, Damien and Rojo.
  • Straight to the point... We had better win!

(not just for our league position/Europe but to stop Man Utd getting in the top 4 as I will not be responsible for my... Well you get it ;hmm )
  • edited May 2016
    Martial has a hamstring issue, with no return date on the Physio Room site. That and the fact that Bashford was rested on Saturday indicates he is may well be a doubt for tomorrow.
  • Most excellent ;wahoo
  • It'll be massive if martial is out. However let's not forget a few seasons ago they bought a weakened side to Upton Park including Carrick at C/b and won 4-0

Oh and also the fact that we managed to ship 4 goAls just a couple of days ago to a Swansea side missing the likes of Ashley Williams and sigurdsson, two of their best players!!
  • ;whome

I was trying to forget that baracks ;biggrin
  • edited May 2016
    So annoying that even four points from the last two is unlikely to get us top six due to GD.

Seems like one bad result on Sat has ruined our entire chances. Strange.

Have the other sides been better than I thought? Seemed only a month ago LFC were losing every week.
  • LFC have had a quite an easy run-in for the end of the season, I think.