Man U at home, 10th May 2016, the last ever Boleyn Ground Match Thread

Comments

• Can't wait any longer, I'm going in ;wahoo

Good Luck everybody ;ok

COYI
  • That goal difference! Must include all the goals scored whilst warming up before a game ;biggrin
  • ;quaver Where did you get that hat, where did you get that hat ;quaver

• He keeps being stopped so people can take photos of it ;lol

Took us ages to get down Green Street!
  • and sky sports interviewed him ;lol

• I feel empty
  • Hamstew said:

I feel empty

I'm glad I'm not the only one.Normally I'd be like an excited child about a game like tonight,Man U at home,the chance of Europe etc etc but not today.I feel like I felt when I lost elderly relatives as an adult,i.e I knew it was coming but nothing prepares you for when it happens.If this should be on the reminiscing thread I'm sorry,but maybe it's because I'm over here & can't be there,maybe I'd be worse if I was there but I've honestly felt like crying all day.
    Nonetheless,I'll be out to watch it with a couple of other West Ham fans I know over here & when the match kicks off I'm sure I'll be fine.The last pre-match 'Bubbles' is sure to bring a lump to my throat & a tear to my eyes though.COYI!!!
  • Wish I was there!! COYI

old 3002
  • My kid, getting his face painted.

• Hamstew said:

I feel empty

Exactly how i feel.

I'm dreading it ;weep

;quaver We shall not be moved ;quaver

;weep
  • Nice touch
  • Very well put, Madrid. I am also a long way away but its very emotional. So many memories tied up with one place.
  • Can't get my feelings together ..
    ;scarf ;scarf
    My heart feels broken today....
  • HE SITS IN HIS CHAIR! HE SITS IN HIS CHAIR! LGHSKI! HE SITS IN HIS CHAIR! ;quaver

#devonshireplasticarmchairfantastic

20160510_171956-1
  • ;bowdown

;quaver Where's your lampshade gone, where's your lampshade gone!! ;quaver
  • Hope the players don't feel how I do right now.

We'd get done 5-0!

Goodbye Boleyn.
  • edited May 2016
    Antonio still at RB.

Official

Randolph
    Antonio - Reid - Ogbonna - Cresswell
    Kouyate - Noble
    Sakho - Lanzini - Payet
    Carroll

Spiegel, Collins, Tomkins, Obiang, Moses, Emenike, Valencia
  • Hope the players don't feel how I do right now.

We'd get done 5-0!

Goodbye Boleyn.

If they feel like I felt it'd be 10-or an emotionally charged performance of a lifetime! Let's hope it's the second!
  • Genuinely believe we will lose because of our RB
  • Rooney, Mata, Martial and Rashford all start for United.
  • de Gea
    Valencia - Smalling - Blind - Rojo
    Herrera - Schneiderlin
    Mata - Rooney - Martial
    Rashford
  • Rooney, Mata, Martial and Rashford all start for United.

;doh
  • 'The last' or the finality of moving is bound to have a emotional and/or unsettling effect, it's just normal. Thinking of potential positives most likely will not help today but they are there to be grasped after the season ends and the new one starts.

We will still be West Ham. Still the same history, players, supporters... For a short period of time it'll feel like we're playing away then we'll settle into our shiny new ground,

It'll be good! More of us in it, better facilities, more money, better players to add to our squad of impressive potential already, higher profile globally plus everyone will be jealous of us which will most likely create a siege mentality.

Memories will be made there and we'll not forget our old ones or where we come from Ok I tried!! ;weep ;puzzled

Even more so than normal, please win tonight!! (I dont care how) coyi ;pray
  • Saints beat Spurs away and city at Home.
    Liverpool have had an easy run in.

Think Man U will turn us over comfortably, i think Bilic will be too stubborn and play Antonio at RB to try and prove a point and only make one change, Sakho for Moses.

called it and i think Antonio will get walked over today too stubborn from Bilic, will cost us again tonight.
  • That's one of the strongest line ups LVG has fielded all season ;hmm
  • edited May 2016
    I hope the club has placed an embargo on players going on social media and watching all the #lastgamehype

If they go into it with a 'normal' approach (important game, fighting to finish as high as we can, want to put Swansea performance behind us) that will be all well and good

Otherwise, I worry we may see