Man U at home, 10th May 2016, the last ever Boleyn Ground Match Thread

15678911»

Comments

• Twist I don't think it has been blown out of proportion and the result has had no bearing whatsoever. Nobody at Utd has used that as an excuse and they have all said with the kick off being put back they had their full warm up time. Carrick said that once they were in front they should have known not to give away free kicks and the defeat was their fault.

When you hear the ginger nugget talk of replaying the game

Yea it has been blown out of all proportion
  • edited May 2016
    If that's a bottling...
  • Blown out by one ex Utd player. The current staff and players have all said it made no difference.
    He's an idiot. No game would ever be replayed due to what happened before the game and outside the stadium. Why are you even giving it air time.
  • I don't mind replaying the game just as long as we can also replay the last moments of Chelsea away, Leicester away and man Utd away in the cup
  • Warning: May contains wearing.
    Another take on the bus incident.
  • It wasn't us.... ;lol
  • edited May 2016
    Anybody see the embrace Slav had with Ginge and Tonks after Sakho scored?

Almost like he knew how much they wanted to play, given their time here, and was kinda like "that's for you".

Nice touch.
  • Yep saw it......
  • I don't know if anybody has already asked this, but why was Woy at the game?
    Maybe he was trying to find a reason to include Rashford in the England squad. ;hmm
  • Carrick probably
  • Woy sat next to KB in the directors box.

• Probably just a courtesy to invite him to a 'major event' in football?
  • edited May 2016
    Did anyone see who else supports us? Proper manager. Take note Woy ;biggrin

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03tjgrn

;biggrin ;clap
  • Well of course, he isn't silly ;biggrin
  • Actually makes me a little bit sick that he gets a seat, while plenty of our own couldn't.
  • Actually makes me a little bit sick that he gets a seat, while plenty of our own couldn't.

Was just about to say the same, hope we made him pay full price ;ok
  • You know I was saying I just wanted to see Dicksy 'put' someone in the chicken run one last time.....
  • edited May 2016
    If Twist's and Slav's comments are about Eddie Jones, that interview was 8th May, it doesn't say that he went, in fact he seemed unaware of the event. However if they're about Woy sitting there on a freebie ;ok
  • Roy on a freebie

;ok
  • You know I was saying I just wanted to see Dicksy 'put' someone in the chicken run one last time.....

Yep, hear ya!
  • We've just finished watching the build up, game and celebrations on V+ and I cried all over again.

• I've just watched it again too and a few of things I noticed.

For the first United goal Randy just gets his fingertips to Matas cross which takes the ball just past Antonios foot to Martial to score.

When Carroll chased down Blind and then fouls him for the yellow card Noble is applauding him, more for the chase than the tackle I suspect.

Martials second was definitely, imo, a cross to Rashford.

The more I see Antonios goal the more I think it was a brilliant header.

After we scored the third goal, in the 79th minute, Randy only had two touches, one a free kick and the other catching a cross. Amazing.
  • Martial's second goal was a poor cross which would have been gobbled up by any keeper who had stayed on their post, however as it was man Utd, it was made out to be somewhat of an act of genius..!!
  • Herb, Antonio's goal for me at the time was a brilliant header and the more I watch it, the better it gets ;ok ;clap