Man U at home, 10th May 2016, the last ever Boleyn Ground Match Thread

Comments

• I've been crying.

Carroll was superb, so was Kouyate and Noble. Ogbonna had a very good game too
  • i swear i read the West Ham Twitter was going to put up the celebrations but can only see a 20 second clip ....
  • Fantastic
    Amazing

Love you West Ham X
  • I feel like every game Antonio will be at fault for us conceding a goal but at the same time be the goalscorer or involved in a goal we score to cancel it out!
  • Man City > Swansea
    West Ham > Stoke
    Southampton > Palace
    Bournemouth > Man Utd
    Cheslsea > Liverpool

West Ham 5th
    Southampton 6th
    Man United 7th
    Liverpool 8th

Please ;pray
  • We are being investigated for the incident of the coach attack and bottles being thrown inside the ground. Huge fine coming up or maybe even worse punishment. What are these morons thinking of, they should be put down.
  • 1-nil up
    1-2 down

That's the West Ham Way I know.

So what's all this 3-2, winners, stuff?

I just don't understand... ;biggrin
  • Had the game on in our break room at the office, watched most of it, set up my laptop in front of the Telly.

Great result - hope everyone had a rollicking good time at the closure party
  • edited May 2016

We are being investigated for the incident of the coach attack and bottles being thrown inside the ground. Huge fine coming up or maybe even worse punishment. What are these morons thinking of, they should be put down.

Unfortunately you get this in any society.

They are just people who wear WHU colours, turning up, without tickets, and then exploiting a chance to sure their violent colours.

The club will probably be fined, but how the club are meant to control what goes on in the streets of East London, I don't know?

It's like the club being fined for two blokes in Newcastle wearing WHU caps having a punch up.
  • Lets hope we don't have to play the first game at the OS behind closed doors

;nonono
  • Anyone else going to bed slightly under the affluence of incohol?

IRONS!
    IRONS!
    IRONS!

coyi

;scarf
  • Anyone else going to bed slightly under the affluence of incohol?

IRONS!
    IRONS!
    IRONS!

coyi

;scarf

slighty............
  • ;redwine
  • What a game!

What a night!

Goodnight my old friend.
  • So fitting that we really did it the West Ham way.It was a great tribute to OUR home.Let's try & make the OS our place as well,even if some of us didn't want to leave(I'm one of them by the way).
    I've shed a lot of tears tonight & my only regret is that I wasn't there with my mates who I went with for many years.
    So glad that the Cockney Rejects played at the end,I was lucky enough to meet Micky over here last year & he's a top bloke,so happy that they didn't win the last League & Cup game at the Boleyn,& pleased that an unfashionable club like Swansea did(although I wouldn't have said that on Saturday),& now looking to the future-which starts away to Stoke on Sunday.Come on lads,one win gets us into Europe,which really would be a fitting tribute.COYI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Dirty scum

Selling final programes on eBay for £45.

They're not fans/supporters.

If i was lucky enough to have attended and got one, i'd treasure that.

Wrong on so many levels.
  • Glad all that were there had to opportunity, sorry the idiots puta dampener on it. Sounds like a cracking game int he true "West Ham Way" apart from the fact that we won.

Currently in Austin on business, Austin where are ya?

;scarf
  • Crowds outside Boleyn in the first half

• It has rendered me speechless how many times this team has come back from going behind to get points this season - this has been lacking in our teams for so many seasons.

Make no mistake, yesterday's performance was magnificent. This was a strong and hungry man Utd side, and although they have been much criticised this season, they are where they are (5th) because of an extremely tight defence - yet we cut through them like a knife through butter.

So we finish the season undefeated in the league to:

Arsenal
    Liverpool
    Man Utd
    Man city
    Chelsea

Simply unreal...
  • And to think that were it not for some very dubious refereeing decisions (notably against Chelsea and Leicester), we'd be on 66 points and 4th

As you say, unreal season.
  • I was so proud at how the entire XI bought into the moment.

You'd have thought it was XI die hard West Ham fans out there, and not several players who have only been here a season or two.

The atmosphere was unreal and you could argue if you can't put in a shift in a cauldron like that, when can you. But the players all knew how much this meant.
  • And a shout out to Mike Dean, who I thought was excellent last night.
  • A great night only slightly marred by idiots i do think Man U turning up late again was partly to cause but there is no excuse for what they did hope they find them and ban them . I thoroughly enjoyed the game a brilliant send off I could nt have asked for more from the team chairmen atmosphere
  • Is it something like 24 of our 35 league games in which we have scored at least 2 goals? For us that is simply staggering
  • bfs Thats the West Ham Way
  • edited May 2016
    Yes, and BFS Sunderland 24 of their 35 league games they have scored at least 0 goals ;whistle ;wink ;yercoat
  • Sky news are having a great time with the attack on the Man Utd bus. They are really trying to make this story big. A case of the media wanting to create news instead of just reporting it. Slav, I also thought Mike Dean was excellent, and in my opinion, one of the best performances from a ref all season.
  • edited May 2016
    To be fair the players didn't give him too much to be concerned over. Both teams kept their heads in an important and emotionally charged game.

Well done to all. ;clap