Man U at home, 10th May 2016, the last ever Boleyn Ground Match Thread

Comments

• Saints beat Spurs away and city at Home.
    Liverpool have had an easy run in.

Think Man U will turn us over comfortably, i think Bilic will be too stubborn and play Antonio at RB to try and prove a point and only make one change, Sakho for Moses.
  • ... blah blah blah
  • ;biggrin

I've started saying "and all that" at work ;doh
  • Take your screwdriver with you, unless there's a pitch invasion of course...
  • ;biggrin

;lol

At least you are managing to avoid 'big time'.

Oops, I've put it in your head now, haven't I?

;devil
  • Take your screwdriver with you, unless there's a pitch invasion of course...

Screwdriver will be good horsham. The seats are bolted on so will a spanner will be required. ;ok
  • 2 spanners, 1 to hold the screw on one side, the other to undo the nut.

Not that I've checked ;whome
  • MrsGrey said:

;biggrin

;lol

At least you are managing to avoid 'big time'.

Oops, I've put it in your head now, haven't I?

;devil
    It's saying "blah blah blah" in meetings that is my current worry ;lol
  • It's saying "blah blah blah" in meetings that is my current worry ;lol
    Surely if you're concentrating properly on your "Buzzword Bingo" you'd never even think of saying that ;lol

• edited May 2016
    I'm still trying to get over the proposal of using a 'memo of understanding'

• I have been saying "What Not" alot recently.
  • edited May 2016
    I'd like us to line up how we did vs Spurs at home; I think it was a variation of 3-5-2/3-4-3 and we were tactically spot on throughout, especially positionally and pressing; one of our our best 90 min display this season. In the cup replay vs MUFC (and in other games recently) our pressing in midfield has been off and its been too easy to get goal side and running at our defence, who are put in a very tough situation. I'd go for something like:-

----------------RANDZ---------------
    --------TOMKINS--COLLINS---REID-----
    -ANTONIO-KOUYATE--NOBLE--CRESSWELL-
    -------VALENCIA--SAKHO---PAYET-----

2-0 WHUFC win ;scarf
  • OOooo now there's a thought ;hmm
  • Slavs team is bang on

I will for for 1 1
  • I think that deserves the drawing up of a memorandum of understanding (MoU) ;wink to be put with the key performance indicator (KPI) ;wink and the Formal expression of Interest (FEI) ;wink
  • You forgot the Service Level Agreement (SLA) ;biggrin
  • All I want tonight is a performance we can be proud of to see the old ground off. The result is important but if we rollover like we did against Swansea I will not be happy. I am hoping the players were unconsciously saving themselves for tonight against Swansea. I hear martial might be left out which is good news
  • I thin the team just need to win the game.

We will take care of the rest.

;scarf
  • Either go 3 at the back like Spurs at home or put a proper defender in there

Stop faffing about with this Antonio thing that is hurting the lad and catching him out through no fault of his own and leaving others wanting as well.

Don't even think of starting Moses, the lad doesn't deserve it and nearly always looks more effective when he comes on.

Get Antonio doing the damage down the end we bought him to do, not leaving gaping holes at the back.

Collins needs to come back for me, Ogbonna and him look way more composed at the back than any other combination and the fact we concede half the goals is no coincidence.

Get Obiang in there to add some steel and allow Kouyate and Noble to get forward, sorry Lanzini but it's bench time. I'd start with Carroll but the balls in have to be right, if you're not going to do that, then don't bother and get Sakho chasing everything down

WE MUST NOT LOSE

Give 100% and leave everything out there for one last time at this famous old ground, the day is here, lets seize it and not be so "Very Typically West Ham"

COME ON YOU BEAUTIFUL IRONS!!!!

coyi
  • Cry England, Harry and St George.....
  • ;scarveng ;scarf

;weep
  • here we go let's add another win
  • Look at that goal difference ;nonono ;lol
  • That's a score line I would like to see tonight!
  • On our way to the game.

To Upton Park for the final time.

coyi
  • T-20 for me. It's even stopped raining.
  • Have you gone to the Arsenal by mistake? ;biggrin