West Ham v Man Utd - Sunday 7th May, 19:00

I'm usually not very good at this match thread lark.

But onwards and upwards

COYI

Comments

• It looks like we'll be without Coufal, but I would be very surprised if the illness that Rice, Aguerd and Soucek got is still around - personally I think that was a ruse.

Fabianski
    Johnson / Kehrer - Aguerd - Ogbonna - Cresswell
    Soucek - Rice - Paqueta
    Bowen - Antonio - Cornet

I think we get a point here, and I think that will pretty much see us safe.
  • Yes to the ruse, no to the point.

I think United, with Rashford in the form he's in, will have enough to get the win.

Could be another high scoring one, this, as neither defence is great. 2-3 I reckon.
  • It's about time that we got a result against this lot
  • Home game,under the lights, Fans up for it .....= Loss =)
  • 7pm on a Sunday???????

What new level of Dante's Inferno is this????
  • Yes why on earth is it that time ,my nap time on a Sunday after my happy hour =)
  • steve said:

Yes why on earth is it that time ,my nap time on a Sunday after my happy hour =)

If we played it earlier, your happy hour wouldn't be very happy 😂🤣😂.
  • I'm out with friends that night so won't have the worry of watching it. Unfortunately one of those friends is a Palace fan and I haven't seen him since before our last game 😭
  • Just talk about the penalty and VAR.
  • Nah I reckon they will be reminiscing about the days of John Salako, Ian Wright and when Attilio Lombardo was player manager 😜

Oooooh Palace friends
  • Ravel49 said:

Nah I reckon they will be reminiscing about the days of John Salako, Ian Wright and when Attilio Lombardo was player manager 😜

Oooooh Palace friends

Ok you've gone too far
  • Johnson at right back is going to be a train wreck against Rashford.
  • edited May 2023
    I see Man U started with Luke Shaw at centre back last night and a right back at left back. Not sure if we'll see that on Sunday but something to try to exploit if so.

Brighton had 60% possession and 22 shots, so this United team can be got at if the intent is there.

I expect we'll see:

Fabianski
    Kehrer Aguerd Ogbonna Cresswell
    Rice Soucek Paqueta
    Bowen Antonio Benrahma

Thought Kehrer did pretty well against City, so is probably preferable to Johnson at RB.
  • edited May 2023
    Looks like the 3 who missed the City game through sickness will be available, although a different player was sent home from training this morning with another one also saying he doesn't feel great.

https://www.whufc.com/news/team-news-rice-aguerd-soucek-zouma-and-coufal-updates

A bug/sickness running through an already tired squad is really not what we need with games still coming 2 a week and both the ECL final and our PL survival still up for grabs.
  • With all the poor decisions and VAR non shows we have a ref capable of even more fun...NOT....
    Ref ; Peter Bankes
    VAR : Stuart Atwell

Hope that any 50/50 decisions goes our way, we need it....
    COYI
  • Ten Hag says it will be the same squad as Brighton with possibly Garnacho available after 7 weeks out with an ankle

GK De Gea, Butland, Bishop
    DF Wan-Bissaka, Dalot, Maguire, Lindelof, Shaw, Malacia, Williams
    MF Casemiro, Fred, Eriksen, Sabitzer, Fernandes; Antony, Sancho, Rashford
    FW Martial, Weghorst

Shaw has partnered Lindelof in the centre of defence for the last four games with various combination of Wan-Bissaka, Dalot and Malacia at RB/LB

Elsewhere Rashford, Sancho and Casemiro are the only players who have started the last four games, Fernandes the last three.
  • Penultimate opportunity to get 3 points before it gets messy.
  • edited May 2023
    Fabianski
    Johnson - Kehrer - Aguerd - Cresswell
    Soucek - Rice - Paqueta
    Bowen - Antonio - Benrahma

I don’t like Aguerd - Ogbonna as a pairing.

Or

Fabianski
    Kehrer - Ogbonna - Aguerd
    Johnson - Soucek - Rice - Paqueta - Emerson
    Bowen
    Antonio
  • Lukerz said:

Fabianski
    Kehrer - Ogbonna - Aguerd
    Johnson - Soucek - Rice - Paqueta - Emerson
    Bowen
    Antonio

I can certainly see us going with something like this.
  • Our right back weakness without Coufal really worries me
  • I think Moyes will stick Kehrer there in a back four.
  • A Liverpool win today puts Man Utd 1 clear of them, albeit with a couple of games in hand. They know they need 3 points tomorrow, having just lost to Brighton as well.
  • I think Rice & Soucek will benefit from the game off in midweek. Our midfield was appalling v Palace, which was where the game was lost.
  • Respect the point
  • edited May 2023
    Fabiański, Kehrer, Ogbonna, Aguerd, Cresswell, Rice ©, Souček, Paquetá, Benrahma, Bowen, Antonio
    Subs: Areola (GK), Anang (GK), Johnson, Fornals, Lanzini, Downes, Cornet, Ings, Emerson

Everyone named except the injured 3 (Scamacca, Zouma and Coufal) so the bug/sickness not keeping anyone out.
  • So no-one missing through sickness ? We are so due a result against this lot - Come on you Irons !
  • Too bad maguires not starting. We could do with the help.
  • Antony in Man Utd starting XI

The new Zaha (diving, fouling, etc)
  • Antony in Man Utd starting XI

The new Zaha (diving, fouling, etc)

So definitely a penalty will be awarded against us while we have one denied.
  • So definitely a penalty will be awarded against us while we have one denied.

As Local would say, again with the negative waves, Moriarty