West Ham v Man Utd - Sunday 7th May, 19:00

Comments

• hopefully we can keep the goal difference down. Same as Leicester currently.
  • hopefully we can keep the goal difference down. Same as Leicester currently.

Maybe we will win?
  • I am strangely optimistic about this one, I KNOW
  • Has Weghorst scored for United this season?
  • Get your money on Weghorst to score, he's not scored since April 2022 when he scored for Burnley...... against West Ham.
  • Get your money on Weghorst to score, he's not scored since April 2022 when he scored for Burnley...... against West Ham.

Clearly on the same page 😄
  • edited May 2023
    Goodness, how exposed were we then? Cresswell miles upfield and Ogbonna stepped up well into the Man Utd half; Aguerd, and Rice tracking back, did well.
  • edited May 2023
    Classic Benny there, you just do not get that much time at this level, not saying it was easy but surely he should have tried to put his foot through it
  • Cresswell is playing to central, loads of space on their right wing
  • Just watching Benny, he is totally in no man’s land, not closing down at all
  • Paqueta 🙄
  • At times we're getting a lot of players forward, but you kinda get the feeling Man Utd are just drawing us forward deliberately to hit us on the counter.
  • edited May 2023

At times we're getting a lot of players forward, but you kinda get the feeling Man Utd are just drawing us forward deliberately to hit us on the counter.

Would be an obvious tactic; Aguerd aside, we have no real pace in the back six.
  • Very poor pass by Antonio as he tried to slip Bowen in.

• Would be an obvious tactic; Aguerd aside, we have no real pace in the back six.

Rice isn't slow imo.

• Why can't we play on the floor and knock it about. :(
  • edited May 2023
    Get in, a gift from De Gea.

Benrahma gets the goal, but it's a shocker from their keeper.
  • OMG, get IN, and it was Benny!!!!! clearly a howler by De Gea as there was no power in that shot at all

But I will take it

COYI
  • Posted on the BBC two minutes before the goal:

Mark knows ball...
  • Classic Benny there, you just do not get that much time at this level, not saying it was easy but surely he should have tried to put his foot through it

He heard you.

So now, can you please criticise Antonio.
  • Half a chance for Bowen to extend the lead, but he doesn't make a clean contadt. Great chase back by Kehrer to dispossess Fernandes.
  • Kehrer is putting in a decent shift. Starting to look like a decent player, covering the ground well and he has distributed the ball well, at times he can look casual and capable of switching off, but I am beginning to see something there
  • MrsGrey said:

Classic Benny there, you just do not get that much time at this level, not saying it was easy but surely he should have tried to put his foot through it

He heard you.

So now, can you please criticise Antonio.
    How about I praise Rashford…….:-)

• edited May 2023
    Nasty challenge by Malacia, studs raked down the back of Bowen's calf/achilles. First yellow, could easily have been a red.
  • Huge push on Paqueta by Antony goes unpunished, shockingly bad by the the lino only yards away.
  • Benrahma way too slow getting out to close Antony down, fortunately Rashford can't generate enough power off the cross to beat Fabianski.
  • In real time that looked like a clear handball
  • edited May 2023
    Must be handball, he juggled it even though his arm was in.

Typically, not given.

1-0 HT