West Ham v Man Utd - Sunday 7th May, 19:00

Comments

• Outstanding result and an OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE, - really well done with many accolades to go around but for me, Kehrer has finally showed up

Very happy hammer here in Chicago,

COYI
  • MrsGrey said:

Just off to gloat (a little) on my WhatsApp with my red nephew.

That's very unbecoming of you Mrs G.

You should be gloating a lot 😂🤣😂
  • Kehrer was very good, today.
  • A great team performance.
    Massive all over the pitch .
    Kehrer, Cresswell both brilliant tonight , but the rest were always on top of their game.
    A deserved win
    Well played West Ham & Moyes ⚒️
  • MrsGrey said:

Just off to gloat (a little) on my WhatsApp with my red nephew.

Did you leave him out in the sunshine 😁
  • Makes that Emerson for Cresswell call at Palace even more baffling
  • Great performance all round today. No slackers. We could have easily scored 3 or 4, but MANU were saved by the ref. Now need to win a trophy.
  • I came late to the game tonight owing to over cooking my dinner which in turn was due to drinking wine in the sunshine.
    I haven’t read any of the comments on this thread so I’ll just say it as I saw it.

WE WERE MAGNIFICENT!
    A thoroughly deserved win and every player gave everything.

Right, music on and happy dancing .🎉🎉

• Fabianski 7
    Kehrer 8
    Aguerd 8
    Ogbonna 7
    Cresswell 8
    Soucek - 7
    Rice - 8
    Paqueta - 7
    Bowen - 7
    Antonio - 7
    Benrahma - 7

Everybody was at least a 7/10 for me & that’s why we won the game.
  • Saw second half at pub with a Man U friend she was fuming B)
  • My 3 favourite moments from the game:

- At one point Benhrahma came central, picked the ball up in the middle of the park and drove forward. It was only a very brief moment in the match but he seemed more fluid there. On the left it seems he’s a bit stiff and restricted which limits the flair aspect of his game.

- Antonio driving with the ball and suddenly looking like a Jamaican sprinter (until AWB wiped him out). That was almost like prime Antonio before his hamstring injuries (seemed to have more pace in his earlier West Ham days).

- Soucek putting his body on the line to defend an AWB header. Credit where credit is due, Soucek had one of his best games of the season today.
  • Bowen - Benrahma - Lingard
    Antonio

Was prime West Ham not so long ago, & Benrahma did play his best football centrally.
  • What a day - earlier I found a bag of Giant Wotsits in the cupboard and now 3 points from Man United =)
  • I love watching Paqueta play football
  • What a day - earlier I found a bag of Giant Wotsits in the cupboard and now 3 points from Man United =)

Yeah, I found a bag as well!

Oh right,sorry.😉

• Fab 8
    Kehrer 7.5
    Aguerd 8
    Ogbonna 7
    Cresswell 7
    Rice 8.5
    Paqueta 8
    Soucek 8
    Benrahma 7.5
    Bowen 7.5
    Antonio 8
  • Probably Kehrer's best game for us. I still think Ogbonna is our best natural defender like James Collins was, he gets stuck in.
  • Fab 10
    Kehrer 10
    Aguerd 10
    Ogbonna 10
    Cresswell 10
    Rice 10
    Paqueta 10
    Soucek 10
    Benrahma 10
    Bowen 10
    Antonio 10
  • hopefully we can keep the goal difference down. Same as Leicester currently.

• Just came out from behind the sofa ,Did we win =)
  • Personally, thought Aguerd was MOTM, but could have been a few.
  • Can we play every Sunday night
  • Well done West Ham.
    By the way, we made Man Utd look awful.
    I enjoyed that. =)
  • Best Performance for a long while and one that makes me optimistic regard our coming matches.

Kehrer was the player today that we hoped we had signed. Committed, sure footed and very few times anyone got the better of him.

Antonio has his confidence back and wants to try and muscle his way through everyone again and is becoming the defenders nightmare that he was for periods ove rthe previous two seasons. Fast. strong and determined.

Soucek. Nearing his best again, positioning very good and committed.

Rice was just Rice.

Attack from the first whistle on Thursday and we can do some real damage to the tie before our visit to Holland.

Very happy and very proud of the team this evening.
  • Hamstew said:
    Wow. What a nice guy. I’m all choked up 😢
    And there’s been many saying that “ he’s lost his focus” or “his mind’s on a move”.
    Yeah, righto.

• Lukerz said:

Bowen - Benrahma - Lingard
    Antonio

Was prime West Ham not so long ago, & Benrahma did play his best football centrally.

I’ve said it a while, think Benrahma is a really different player when in central positions. I guess the problem is how do you fit both him and Paqueta in centrally, unless you drop Soucek.

Hard to say who’s MOTM. Aguerd and Antonio were very solid but I think Rice’s work from a deep role was so crucial today.

Best performance of the season for me.