West Ham v Man Utd - Sunday 7th May, 19:00

12346»

Comments

• So been looking at the BBC and I can't seem to actually find a report of the match. Seem to find some stuff about De Gea but nothing about the clear penalty not given, the dubious disallowed goal.

Nothing about the fact that this could have been a comfortable 3-0 scoreline for West Ham.
  • Watching MotD2, they're really slagging off De Gea and reckon it was a clear penalty
  • Lukerz said:

Bowen - Benrahma - Lingard
    Antonio

Was prime West Ham not so long ago, & Benrahma did play his best football centrally.

I’ve said it a while, think Benrahma is a really different player when in central positions. I guess the problem is how do you fit both him and Paqueta in centrally, unless you drop Soucek.

Hard to say who’s MOTM. Aguerd and Antonio were very solid but I think Rice’s work from a deep role was so crucial today.

Best performance of the season for me.
    Yes! Our goal is a prime example of how Benrahma can be effective when he picks up the ball centrally and drives forwards.
  • edited May 2023
    That was frustrating from Paqueta. I thought he was really wasteful in the first half, but fantastic in the second. Just wish he’d be a bit more careful when he has the ball. He’s far too relaxed. Like his defensive work & effort levels, but he just needs to look after that ball better because the amount of times he has it in an attacking position, then 20 seconds later we’re facing a corner.

Shout out to Soucek. Thought he was very good last night in helping us dominate the midfield. Fab & the back four were all excellent, Rice was Rice.
  • Didn't see the game due to being at a 90th Birthday celebration but pleased from what I have heard about how we played. =)
  • Moojor said:

So been looking at the BBC and I can't seem to actually find a report of the match. Seem to find some stuff about De Gea but nothing about the clear penalty not given, the dubious disallowed goal.

Nothing about the fact that this could have been a comfortable 3-0 scoreline for West Ham.

There we go : 👍🏻⚒️
    https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/65439740

• Moojor said:

So been looking at the BBC and I can't seem to actually find a report of the match. Seem to find some stuff about De Gea but nothing about the clear penalty not given, the dubious disallowed goal.

Yeah, it's quite frustrating that it's being made out that United lost rather than West Ham won; that they only lost because of that one mistake.

We rode our luck a bit in the first half, sure, but we absolutely deserved the win and played some really good stuff in the second half. It could quite easily have been 3-0 but even then you just know that it would have been because of a howler, a dubious penalty award and VAR missing a clear foul on De Gea.
  • edited May 2023
    Really good performance and a magic atmosphere.
    Everyone played their part and even though I made Kehrer the MOTM I thought Oggy was just outstanding. Never flustered, he showed his Italian defensive pedigree. Not bad for an old man coming back from an ACL.

Right, let's go and win the Conference League. ⚒⚒⚒
  • Lukerz said:

That was frustrating from Paqueta. I thought he was really wasteful in the first half, but fantastic in the second. Just wish he’d be a bit more careful when he has the ball. He’s far too relaxed. Like his defensive work & effort levels, but he just needs to look after that ball better because the amount of times he has it in an attacking position, then 20 seconds later we’re facing a corner.

In many ways this is the Brazilian way of approaching football. Perhaps less so now, but in the past they were so enjoyable to watch as the players just seemed to develop in a place where they were encouraged to express themselves. Paqueta epitomises this within our team, he is the most likely to entertain and do something remarkable yet also likely to waste possession and deny an opportunity due to trying.