West Ham v Man Utd - Sunday 7th May, 19:00

Comments

• edited May 2023
    To be fair, Benny did well there and in replay it looked even more of a handball - simply do not understand how that is not given
  • His hand was close to his body, but he moved his whole arm towards the ball
  • So definitely a penalty will be awarded against us while we have one denied.

As Local would say, again with the negative waves, Moriarty
    You were saying? ;)
  • Good god! he even moves his hand towards it....What is the point of VAR if it's not asking the ref to have a look at that?
  • "It also means it is two seasons in a row that we have three players reach double-figures, as Benrahma joins Michail Antonio (13) and Jarrod Bowen (eleven). The same trio also scored ten or more last season, when Bowen scored 18, Antonio 13 and Benrahma eleven"
    Who needs Kane!!
  • To be fair, Benny did well there and in replay it looked even more of a handball - simply do not understand how that is not given

It's West Ham v Man Utd, why would we get any sort of fair calls...
  • edited May 2023
    So he moves his hand to knock the ball upwards, yet is not handball?

Plus the red card?
  • Man Utd have had a lot of low shots from outside the box, I wonder if it's because they've identified that Fabianski has seemed to struggle getting down to low shots in recent games 🤔🤔🤔.
  • should have been a penalty against MANU just before the half-time whistle. We look a bit shaky in defence and lack bite in the final third, but are resilient and trying. Need another goal.
  • Dermot Gallagher agrees, should have been a penalty 😡⚒️
  • If you don’t give a penalty for that, we may as well go home
  • Even Rio agreed it should have been a penalty
  • Getting daft now with these penalties. Even Peter Walton says it's a penalty. So that's two stone-wallers not given against Liverpool and Man Utd. May as well bin off VAR and let the officials influence results in the old fashioned way.
  • VAR ref has to explain that call after this game. 100% joke of the system.
  • It really is beyond a joke, that's as clear a "hand to ball" as you're gonna see unless he actually caught it. Yes, it was close to his body, but it was hand to ball, it's a nailed on penalty, except that it's for West Ham against Man Utd.
  • Keep the pressure on, the next ‘call’ we get in the box goes our way.
  • edited May 2023
    I would honestly like DM to refuse to send the team out for the second half until ref and var have explained that
  • edited May 2023
    Moojor said:

I would honestly like DM to refuse to send the team out for the second half until ref and var have explained that call.

I'd like to see him call out the ref and VAR afterwards and say how absolutely dreadful that decision was, and that it would have been given at the other end. Say it must be because they're incompetent, as the only alternative would be biased. Accept the fine, but stand up and call out this nonense.
  • Moojor said:

I would honestly like DM to refuse to send the team out for the second half until ref and var have explained that call.

I'd like to see him call out the ref and VAR afterwards and say how absolutely dreadful that decision was, and that it would have been given at the other end. Accept the fine, but stand up and call out this nonense.
    He said just that after the Liverpool game and got investigated. Nothing has, and nothing ever will change. The officials, and the game as a whole, will always favour the big money teams.
  • He said just that after the Liverpool game and got investigated. Nothing has, and nothing ever will change. The officials, and the game as a whole, will always favour the big money teams.

Do it again though, not speaking out against injustice is basically accepting it's OK.

• He said just that after the Liverpool game and got investigated. Nothing has, and nothing ever will change. The officials, and the game as a whole, will always favour the big money teams.

Do it again though, not speaking out against injustice is basically accepting it's OK.

Yeah, I'm not saying he shouldn't, but he could say it every week and nothing would change.
  • edited May 2023
    what a surprise....
  • West Ham goal disallowed for a foul.

What. A. Surprise.
  • And now a goal is ruled out for nothing.
  • edited May 2023
    Ok this is maddening, De Gea was hardly touched there - my comms just provided a VAR excuse for the penalty coz the contact was within the body line.

If that was given on the field, there was NO WAY VAR would have overturned it so…….

I am NOT buying it
  • Deliberate handball from Malacia there.

Unpunished.
  • That Malacia, is a nasty piece of work, will be keeping an eye in him going forward
  • I thought the arm across De Gea’s chin was probably a foul. The thing that annoys me is how keen the ref was to give it, knowing full well he’d have let it go to VAR if it was the other way around. I genuinely think that for the big teams they look for any reason to allow it, and for the others it’s any reason to disallow.
  • Ugh. An hour played, we've dominated but only got one goal to show for it.

We're not winning this, are we?
  • alderz said:

I thought the arm across De Gea’s chin was probably a foul. The thing that annoys me is how keen the ref was to give it, knowing full well he’d have let it go to VAR if it was the other way around. I genuinely think that for the big teams they look for any reason to allow it, and for the others it’s any reason to disallow.

The problem for me is that level of contact is seen at every corner in every game in every league, but how many fouls are given?