Arsenal home Sunday 16th April 14.00 BST.

Got a sneaky feeling this might be my last thread for a while so thought I'd make it last as long as possible.

Comments

• You'd have been better off skipping this one and going straight to the Gent return leg.
  • Strong as possible for this one
    Fabianski
    Coufal Zouma Aguerd Emerson
    Bowen Rice Paqueta Fornals Cornet
    Antonio
  • Quick off the Mark there Brother-sledge ,Have faith and work on your next Gent thread as i think we might get something here ,Going for 1-1 you heard it here first
  • I suppose the positive thing - and I think you've got to really want to see it - is that we played terribly against Fulham and terribly against Gent and didn't lose either.

Arsenal are a completely different animal though and I think they'll have way too much for us.

Results in the other games may mitigate any damage. Need favours from Fulham, Spurs, Brentford, City, Utd and Liverpool. Could probably do with a Southampton Palace draw, too.

Everton v Fulham
    Southampton v Crystal Palace
    Tottenham v Bournemouth
    Wolves v Brentford
    Man City v Leicester
    Forest v Man Utd
    Leeds v Liverpool
  • Nah OCS, a Palace win with goals from Olise and Zaha confirming his transfer to West Ham. Just to please Hamstew...
  • Nah OCS, a Palace win with goals from Olise and Zaha confirming his transfer to West Ham. Just to please Hamstew...

Tbh palace are safe so them winning would be fine I guess. Yuk!
  • I really don’t see the point of turning up at all really. They are so good and we’re so bad it’s just not worth even preparing for this one.

Oh, Moyes out obvs.
  • As much as I hate to say it, I would prefer Palace to win :(
  • edited April 2023
    I predict

Fabianski
    Zouma - Ogbonna - Aguerd
    Coufal - Soucek - Rice - Emerson
    Bowen - Paqueta
    Antonio
  • Both my brothers are Arsenal fans, and they (like most Arsenal fans) seem pretty worried about the Man City game and the Man City game only. If we took a point off them I would be delighted (I'd then be more delighted if Arsenal beat Man City and still won the league, FWIW).
  • Lukerz said:

I predict

Fabianski
    Zouma - Ogbonna - Aguerd
    Coufal - Soucek - Rice - Emerson
    Bowen - Paqueta
    Antonio

I think you're right, but I think it'll look more like:

Fabianski
    Coufal Zouma Ogbonna Aguerd Emerson
    Rice Soucek Paqueta
    Bowen

Antonio

I can see Moyes wanting to play the low-block and use the counter, but we just don't have the pace for that in that eleven. This might be a good game for Cornet for that reason; maybe a front three of Bowen, Antonio and Cornet would work:

I'd like to see:

Areola
    Coufal Zouma Aguerd Emerson
    Rice Paqueta Downes
    Bowen Antonio Cornet

or if it's to be a back three:

Areola
    Zouma Ogbonna Aguerd
    Coufal Rice Paqueta Emerson
    Bowen Antonio Cornet
  • alderz said:

Both my brothers are Arsenal fans,

This definitely reminds me of an old joke.
    Aside from that, how did that even happen? =)
  • edited April 2023
    Bowen has to play wide right.

Last May when Bowen and Zinchenko lined up opposite each other it was a 2-2 draw with City and Bowen scored both our goals
  • alderz said:

Both my brothers are Arsenal fans,

This definitely reminds me of an old joke.
    Aside from that, how did that even happen? =)
    Our dad was a Wimbledon fan (the only one in his family), had a great time following them in the 80s, and wanted us to choose our own teams like he did (his dad wasn't a football fan).

I picked West Ham because, when I was six, a boy named Graeme came up to me at playtime and asked who I supported, and when I said I didn't know he said that if I didn't choose West Ham he would beat me up.

My brother chose Arsenal because our cousin had decided to support Arsenal and he wanted to be like him (also Arsenal had a cover of 'Hot Stuff' out around that time and I think he liked that song).

My youngest brother chose Arsenal because when he was 4 years old he saw one brother be delighted about the invincibles season, and the other be miserable about losing the play off final to Crystal Palace, and decided that one of those things looked a lot more fun than the other.
  • So, this Graeme. What was his surname? With the www we can track down anyone....
  • alderz said:

I picked West Ham because, when I was six, a boy named Graeme came up to me at playtime and asked who I supported, and when I said I didn't know he said that if I didn't choose West Ham he would beat me up.

Priceless 😂🤣😂
  • You should have taken the beating
  • Might of been worth taking the beating...😂
  • one beating or decades of stress =)
  • If I remembered his surname I would have gone after him for revenge years ago, tbh
  • Well, I'm definitely glad I asked the question, your answer and subsequent comments have been priceless.
    Were you living in West Ham at the time, because if you weren't it's even funnier.
  • Well, I'm definitely glad I asked the question, your answer and subsequent comments have been priceless.
    Were you living in West Ham at the time, because if you weren't it's even funnier.

We lived in Brentwood at the time, so it could have been a lot worse. He could have tried to make me support Spurs…
  • edited April 2023
    alderz said:

We lived in Brentwood at the time, so it could have been a lot worse. He could have tried to make me support Spurs…

😱😱😱

• Hamstew said:

Nah OCS, a Palace win with goals from Olise and Zaha confirming his transfer to West Ham. Just to please Hamstew...

Tbh palace are safe so them winning would be fine I guess. Yuk!
    Wash your mouth out ;)

• alderz said:

If I remembered his surname I would have gone after him for revenge years ago, tbh

It's probably somewhere in one of your spreadsheets 😉
  • Post of the year.👏👏
  • I really hope we can muster something that at least gives them a game, like the side of the last two years would’ve done. But all I can see is a routine 0-3 loss.
  • Idk why but I’m feeling a draw today. No logic suggests that’s likely, but that’s what I think
  • I’m going for a 1-0 win. Zero shots on target for us. Our goal coming from an own goal. Fabianski to play a blinder and save a penalty.
  • edited April 2023
    Fabiański, Coufal, Kehrer, Zouma, Cresswell, Rice ©, Souček, Paquetá, Bowen, Antonio, Benrahma
    Subs: Areola (GK), Anang (GK), Johnson, Downes, Cornet, Emerson, Fornals, Lanzini, Ings

Worst possible news, neither Ogbonna nor Aguerd included, Kehrer starts in a back 4. 2 keepers on the bench again.